It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Something strange happened to me when I was younger. I think I was 5 or so. I used to sleep on the bottom bunk of a bunkbed (obviously). It was the older ones with the metal frames, with springs stretched across the bottom to hold up the matress.

Well, this one night, I woke up and looked up at the bunk above me, I reached up (for some reason, still don't know why) and grabbed the springs with both hands. The second I grabbed the spring (this is kind of hard to explain) I felt like I was being shocked, my vision went staticy and I blacked out until I woke in the morning.

Any ideas what this was about? It has made me wonder all these long years...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Since those beds also used a plasticized cot cloth for holding the mattress, and then have cloth linens tucked between...there was probably a lot of static. I can't explain your reasons for reaching up, but if you pretty tired, then received a good static shock...your body's defense may have been to just go back to sleep....

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Maybe you were dreaming

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I took all of these into consideration. Even the idea that maybe an exposed wire was touching the bed, but that didn't hold, because of no blown fuses or anyone else getting shocked.

I thought I may have been dreaming, perhaps the ebst explanation, but it does seem to real.

I don't see how static built up that much, but I was young. Still makes me wonder...

new topics

top topics

join