It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: At Least 50 Killed in Iraq Suicide Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
A suicide bomber blew himself up in an Iraqi police recruitment center in the Kurdish city of Irbil today, killing at least 50 people. The death toll could rise much higher as rescue and recovery operations continue. The attack followed the swearing in of the new Iraqi government that took place yesterday.

www.foxnews.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq — An Iraqi carrying hidden explosives set them off inside a police recruitment center in northern Iraq on Wednesday, killing at 50 people, according to the U.S. military.

Police said the final death toll could be much higher, and the Al Arabiya television station, quoting medical sources, said 60 Iraqis were killed.

As ambulances and taxis raced to the chaotic scene in the Kurdish city of Irbil to carry casualties to local hospitals, the U.S. military said two American soldiers had been killed in separate roadside bomb attacks in Baghdad on Tuesday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is truly horrible when people who want to help their country by joining the police are killed so brutally by these terrorists. I hope this is more a sign of desperation in the face of a new freely-elected government rather than new strength within the insurgency.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
geez man, you'd think by now they'd be running low on suicide bombers, i mean there are much better ways, rc cars... a trained animal... man

Here Apoo, you put the bomb on. Wha? I'm uh, not pure enough I insit you wear it instead!

oh no no no, tis the will of Allah, thank you very much!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There is no shortage of potential suicide bombers.

New recruits are streaming into Iraq from all parts of the Muslim world, which numbers over a Billion. We will not see the end of this anytime soon.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Im afraid this will continue to carry on for as long as the occupying forces are there. Although that may mean the loss of Iraq to a brutal Islamic regime, I'd suggest thats better than loosing a 1000 US soldiers a year just to prevent that from happening, let alone how much its costing the US in financial terms.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
And a shame, too. Suicide bombing is a mess.

Not to mention mentally...well...devastating.

top topics

join