It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking to animals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
absolutely, in fact sometimes i wonder if maybe animals have a more advanced form of communication than we do. my cat always knows what i am thinking. if she is on my lap and i think about moving, she will move first. she is very energy sensetive.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
All I do is go around meowing and hissing at my cats...I'm not sure if they know what I mean but, atleast they meow back!

As for them, yes, they do a better job at communication than I, like My cat Scratchy.

He will let me know when to feed him by ringing the large chimes that hang at the end of my bar, if that does'nt work he'll knock things of the bar, tables, cabinets,etc.

...and if that does'nt work he'll find some way of getting in my bread box, and start tearing up gravy, chilil, taco seasoning mixes all over the place, then usually finds the beans and gets them everywhere.

It's not that I don't feed him, it's just that he eats way too much!

He also says HELLO, and scares me alot by jiggling the doorknob trying to open it to get in, or out the house, and I usually get startled thinking someone is trying to break in, or its a ghost!

[edit on 3/20/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I have a Border Collie and they are quite smart. He has a vocabulary of at least 60 words. When playing if you want him to do something new and show him he usually remebers it next time you try.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I, like Lady V, have always had an affinity for animals - I love them dearly and prefer to be with them than with most humans. We of course communicate, all the time. I talk to them, they talk to me and I also use telepathy, like the OP talked about. I project my feelings of love to them alot.
There are such things as animal communicators. They use telepathy, as that's how animals communicate with each other. I'm fine as long as I have my animals around me. I have 2 cats and 2 horses and my husband and I are very close to them.
Once, while hiking in the redwoods, I came across a squirrel, who came out of his hiding place and talked with me. We had quite a conversation.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My wife's dog has learned to sort of sound out words in a kind of closed mouth wimper of sorts. We communicate freely with words and his vocalization noises. He does seem to be a bit snippy. Probably knows between 20 and 25 'words' or sentence imitations and that works well enough for him.

I have a large collection of game calls that I use for the wild animals that freely move in and out of the yard. Its easier to communicate in a way they understand. We only have one rule and that is no hooves on the deck. Otherwise they come and go freely and are very used to being close to us. I do avoid feeding other than the crows.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. I would much rather be around my kitties and dogs then people. We have 2 cats, 2 dogs and 2 horses now. All but the mare are rescues. I've always had an affinity to animals; they love us for who we are. It's my hope that some day I become the person my dogs think I am.Bandit the 17 year old cat is trying to say hi.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My love bird Molly (who used to be named ronny) lived in a shoe box with her friend Clyde. Molly went from K-mart to Burger king to stay warm in winter. Molly came to live with us when her owner needed a ride to the local safe house that did not allow birds.
She is a naughty little thing, but loves to snuggle under my chin and chuckle. I talk to her all the time. Like most pet owners I can tell what she needs by her actions.
She does talk back to me, her favorite word is dammit Steven, which is something she must hear quite often. Steve is my 17 year old son.
Anyways, most of her words she uses (more water ma, and get it out, apple, and I love you) she saves for when there is noone home. Therefor my family thinks I am crazy. I even tried to record her and she wont talk when it is on.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LacunaCobra

Oh yes.

But, more importantly, it's good to remember that many animals - perhaps all of them - understand even the most obtuse human.

Really. Take time to observe sparrows, for example. It's very entertaining; and if you really establish a "rapport" with them (over time), you won't believe the things you'll be able to observe... ; )

The most "clairsentient" beings, however, seem to be plants of all kinds.
There are a lot of studies out there, but they just corroborate what many humans know from times immemorial.

And then, there are dolphins...
A category all unto themselves.
Amazingly intelligent creatures!

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

the cat, usually a lazy fat cat, was looked perplexed - almost like it would with the lazer pointer, but there was a hint of fear too. the cat just backed into its corner and watched whatever it was move about the room. weird.

That's very interesting.
How long did it last? How did it end?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

I meow and hiss at my cats too- they understand totally. I have also found that cats always know when I am in pain or sick. They actually seem concerned and will lay close to me to comfort me. I have a 13 year old black Oriental who is extremely vocal- she sounds like Chewbacca, purring and meowing at the same time.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have learned that when you talk to animals if you visualize what you are talking about while you say it they understand better. We have one cat now as we just had to put down the other one 2 weeks ago (sad). This one cat is very good at communicating with me although alot of it is by herding me around the house. He looks at me right in the eye and is patient and sometimes I can tell if he is hungry, wants a lap or wants a window open.

I like to play with crows by calling them or feeding them once in awhile.

One of the best things is to sit out by a busy birdfeeder and wait for the birds to ignore you. I don't know what they are saying but its a trip.

Humans communicating with animals is not much different than humans comminicating with aliens. Intraspecies communication is nearing.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I have learned that when you talk to animals if you visualize what you are talking about while you say it they understand better.

Absolutely.
After all, it's not the words that they understand - it's the thoughts, the images, the ideas.

Which is why you can tell (for example) a dog that you have to leave for a while - and you don't want it to be anxious (as it will normally be, not knowing where you've gone) that you will be coming back, or anything else you might want to tell it.

You just have to really, really listen to your own words and try to speak to the animal as if you were speaking to a child of eight, for example: you have to FEEL that what you're saying is true.

The animal will understand.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join