YOU were FORCED to be a christian / catholic!!!

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Would you rather take the chance of a child not being baptized and end up in hell?



That's the silliest thing I've heard in a while! If your Christian, which I am not by the way, you know that a child is not responsible for their soul till... I think the age of a 11.....not to mention that that are not Christian believe it's all bs just as much as you believe it's not...




posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Amen dbrandt!

My family actually tried to take my sons when I was visting and get them baptized by their church 'just in case something happens before their old enough to seek God'.
Understand what Im saying here....it was AGAINST MY WILL.

Its about the blood man. Not the water.



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher...

your first post has nothing to do with this...

why did you post it???


Originally posted by Herman
The pastor at my old church used to be the most anti-God, rebelious person you could imagine. He actually set out to disprove the bible once and for all. While reading it, he became a Christian. He goes on missionary trips, gives much of his things away to people who need them, etc. Brainwashed? I think not. I've also chosen my religion. I've considered other ones, and I like Christianity the best.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Herman]


he was not "brainwashed"...

but countless others are...


Originally posted by Jehosephat
I was babtized as an adult FYI, after over 20 years of being unchurched


so...

YOU made the final choice???

i hope so...


Originally posted by Grey Fox
Screw Religion, my parents FORCED my ARSE to be a RC, I was forced into baptism and confirmation...


AND NOW I'M AN ATHEIST!! HAHAH!!!! EAT MY SH8T GOD!!!


calm down...

you must have a reason for leaving the faith...

what was it???


Originally posted by junglejake
So what about us devout evangelical athiests who, while debating and arguing with those foolish Christians, suddenly started to believe that everything we believed was dead wrong and joined the enemy? Were we forced, too?


no...

you are another exception...

i see that you are a "Jesus Freak"...

my words may not affect you...


Originally posted by specialasianX
I think what 'They See All' is trying to say is alot of people, not all people, only believe their religion due to lack of exposure to other religions.


GREAT point!!!

when i first learned about other religions, besides christianity, i was shocked...

i mean, the "one and only truth" DOES have some competition...

my religion teacher said that:

"christianity MUST be TRUE because it lasted for so long and truth never dies"...

well...

there are some OLDER religions that started before christianity and they last now...

my teacher had nothing to say after i said this :shk:


Originally posted by LadyV
they see ALL....You have certainly been here long enough to know the regulations on caps, yet many of your posts have all caps in them. Why is that? Is what you have to say really worth all the yelling and screaming? WTF?


all caps can be used to point out main points...

this is what i did...





posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by Croat56
Would you rather take the chance of a child not being baptized and end up in hell?



That's the silliest thing I've heard in a while! If your Christian, which I am not by the way, you know that a child is not responsible for their soul till... I think the age of a 11.....not to mention that that are not Christian believe it's all bs just as much as you believe it's not...


Oh sorry ppl I meant purgatory. PURGATORY. If you dont get baptized you dont get rid of original sin and go there. Peace out.



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

all caps can be used to point out main points...

this is what i did...


Please show me where the regulations state that as I must of missed it...a word in all caps means your yelling/screaming!

EDIT:


2) Use the bold function sparingly. Use it to highly important thoughts and not entire posts.

4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.



[edit on 5/4/05 by LadyV]



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Please show me where the regulations state that as I must of missed it...a word in all caps means your yelling/screaming!


if i had the time, i would...

BUT, i have a life...

so, you will have to find it...





posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
uhhh...

ALL CAPS...

this means that EVERYTHING IS IN CAPS!!!

see???

believe me...

i have been warned for ALL CAPS and not CAPS...

so, it must be ok...

lets stay on topic





posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Found it...it says nothing about using it to make a point at all...caps are reserved for the ATS staff


2) Use the bold function sparingly. Use it to highly important thoughts and not entire posts.

4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.


It's all right there in the rules and regulations





[edit on 5/4/05 by LadyV]



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hello everyone. This is my first post so hope I get this rigt.
Been reading for a while theres some really interesting topics covered.
I was not brought up in a religious home but always wondered about God. I married into an evangelical family and was baptised through choice.
I try really hard to build on my faith but it's difficult. I dont seem to feel what other people feel. Dont know if I block it or if it's not real. I am not an unbeliever but not sure of the religion. There seems to be a common theme running through all religions and I have to wonder if a lot of the conflict is simply down to misinterpretation.
I have difficulty when my religion creates barriers for some people. It doesnt seem to be unconditional, everyone is accepted but a few minor changes need to be implemented.
I havent baptised my son and can not believe that my choice would mean God rejected him. He is an individual and innocent. I believe he must decide his own choices in life once he has enough information to base his decisions upon.
I wish I could have a spiritual relationship with God but even though I have asked the Holy Spirit into my life I feel no different.

Sorry this post is long, tried to keep it short but so much to say...I would love to know God!

Once again, Hello everyone, nice to talk to you.



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonoos
There seems to be a common theme running through all religions and I have to wonder if a lot of the conflict is simply down to misinterpretation.


Once again, Hello everyone, nice to talk to you.



Welcome to ATS/BTS and right on!

This point sums up my views on religion in a nutshell. All religions have a common theme, they are just presented differently. Some like to believe in a higher power, god. Some need to put a human face to god, jesus. Some like to have multiple gods, hinduism. Some put the emphasis on your self and your own soul, buddhism... The ways they worship vary infinately...

But... They all pretty much teach the same thing... be a good person! Be good to yourselfm and your fellow humans. Have good intentions through life. The opinion that if your not baptised you cant go to heaven is bull# in my eyes. Its the same with Muslims saying you go to hell unless your Islamic... Its all wrong. If (and thats a big if) theres a heaven and hell, its how you live, not what version of events you believe that will decide your fate.

And that again my friends, is why i am of no religion.



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonoos
Hello everyone. This is my first post so hope I get this rigt.
Been reading for a while theres some really interesting topics covered.
I was not brought up in a religious home but always wondered about God. I married into an evangelical family and was baptised through choice.
I try really hard to build on my faith but it's difficult. I dont seem to feel what other people feel. Dont know if I block it or if it's not real. I am not an unbeliever but not sure of the religion. There seems to be a common theme running through all religions and I have to wonder if a lot of the conflict is simply down to misinterpretation.
I have difficulty when my religion creates barriers for some people. It doesnt seem to be unconditional, everyone is accepted but a few minor changes need to be implemented.
I havent baptised my son and can not believe that my choice would mean God rejected him. He is an individual and innocent. I believe he must decide his own choices in life once he has enough information to base his decisions upon.
I wish I could have a spiritual relationship with God but even though I have asked the Holy Spirit into my life I feel no different.

Sorry this post is long, tried to keep it short but so much to say...I would love to know God!

Once again, Hello everyone, nice to talk to you.


good, good, and good...

let your son decide for himself...

you are wise...





posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Taking in consideration that Christianity is the main religion in the new world is no surprised that we are raised under one or other denomination of Christianity.

I was baptized as a baby in the Catholic church because my mother was Catholic, did my Communion and married in the Catholic tradition.

But I was baptized also in the seventh day adventist church because my father is adventist, when I was 6.

I had to honor both my parents denominations of Christianity.

Now as an adult I chose none. I leave it to my children to find the believes they feel more comfortable with and make their own decision.

My father complains that my children had grown "Godless" and I tell him that I still have done a great job parenting without "the church", and they are very much knowleable of the bible and God.

Is not for me to chose their religion is for them to find what they feel is the right one be in a church or withing their harts.

I will honor their decision whatever it may be.



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My first post was the answer to the next obvious question. If I was forced to be a Christian/or Catholic, ..... What truths had I already accepted by the time of the earliest memory I have recorded in my mind. The earliest memory I'm consciously aware of was when I was 3 or 4, but the things I had accepted before that memory stem from the beliefs of my parents and environment. I already knew up was good, and down was bad before that first memory. I had already started to accept certain precepts as facts and simply the way things are. And if that is the case, what affects has it had on my life? (That is a retorical question I asked myself)



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I leave it to my children to find the believes they feel more comfortable with and make their own decision.


I'm not writing this because you don't do this but I am writing this for an example.


When you have kids and they become mobile you begin to teach them what to do and not to do. When they begin to crawl you have to prevent them access to stairsteps. You have to keep them from putting things into electrical outlets. When they can walk and you begin to take them outside you have to teach them that you just can't run out into the road to retreive a ball or cross the street. You look both ways because there are dangers in the world. They have to be instructed to make the right choices and be careful or harm and/ or death can occur.

How much more does instructing them in the right choice to make that will determine their eternal existance. Instruction and prevention is key to physical well being, eternity is forever and deserves greater guidance from parents.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by dbrandt]



posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Pro 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.


If you follow the one who wrote this, then you get the idea of what He expects from you.



posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
How much more does instructing them in the right choice to make that will determine their eternal existence. Instruction and prevention is key to physical well being, eternity is forever and deserves greater guidance from parents.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by dbrandt]


Well see, eternity has never been an issue for me, we don't rate eternity like you do like an insurances policy, you do that when you want to leave the ones behind safe monetarily, when you die you only leave a legacy of deeds and a memory.

When we shed our human form, the only one that really knows were is heading after, is the death itself.

The day of your death is going to come anyway not matter who you are, we all born to die.

The faster you come to terms that is something unavoidable the better you come to terms with life and your contribution to society and your fellow human beings, and the peace within yourself.

Some people spend their life time looking for "salvation" disregarding other areas of their lives, salvation is for all of us regarless of believes.

I am very satisfy with my life and eternity is just a matter of death, and it will come soon enough when my time is up in this earth.

How about you, how comfortable are you with your eternity?



[edit on 5-5-2005 by marg6043]



posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How about you, how comfortable are you with your eternity?

[edit on 5-5-2005 by marg6043]


I'm extremely comfortable with eternity. If Christ comes before I die I know that I will live with Him forever. If I should die before He returns, The moment after I take my last breath I will also be with Him. What Christ has done for me to redeem me, has guaranteed me eternal life.

My sins have been forgiven and I will never have to face eternal seperation from God. The Bible says we can know we have eternal life, and without a doubt I know I am saved.



posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Of course this is true. As a baby or young child, your parents had the total say about your life. If your parents were Christian or Catholic, then it stands to reason that you are probably Christian or Catholic. If your parents were Islamic fundamentalists, you are probably an Islamic fundamentalist. The same holds true if you are an atheist. If your parents were atheist or anti religion, then chances are that you are also against religion or an atheist. So what? We do become adults with free wills. Sure, we can remain the belief system that our parents instilled upon us but we can also go against that system if we choose. Obviously, it is more difficult to go against the initial familial beliefs but, nevertheless, ultimately the choice of what we do, think or say, as adults is our own.



posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Of course this is true. As a baby or young child, your parents had the total say about your life. If your parents were Christian or Catholic, then it stands to reason that you are probably Christian or Catholic. If your parents were Islamic fundamentalists, you are probably an Islamic fundamentalist. The same holds true if you are an atheist. If your parents were atheist or anti religion, then chances are that you are also against religion or an atheist. So what? We do become adults with free wills. Sure, we can remain the belief system that our parents instilled upon us but we can also go against that system if we choose. Obviously, it is more difficult to go against the initial familial beliefs but, nevertheless, ultimately the choice of what we do, think or say, as adults is our own.


exactly...

you got it...





posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

My sins have been forgiven and I will never have to face eternal seperation from God. The Bible says we can know we have eternal life, and without a doubt I know I am saved.


See,............it has never been a doubt in my mind about my eternity I have known all my life.

Its has never "been sins in my life" but life experiences and good outcomes, I don't call life trial's "sins" that is for the ones that doubt. When you don't have a doubt in your mind you know that is not sins in your life, but "trials"

And yes you are very right eternity will be waiting for you, and is not doubt in my mind either about that.



[edit on 5-5-2005 by marg6043]





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join