YOU were FORCED to be a christian / catholic!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
YOU were FORCED to be a christian / catholic!!!

yes...

it is true...

you see, when you were baptised (as a baby), your parent had the final word...

you couldn't talk because you were a baby...

so they chose for you!!!

then, when making the sacrament of communion, you are still a "kid" and, by this time, are "brainwashed" to believe that this religion is the only true religion...

by brainwashing i mean: being told the same thing over and over again until your mind knows it as "true"...

then, as you make more sacraments, you are only getting "brainwashed" even more...

then, after making confirmation, you are a "man" or "woman" in the faith...

it is up to you to go to church and follow the rules, and not your parents...

by this time, the idea of christianity as being the ONLY truth is in your head and you cannot get it out...

and, its not like your parents will allow you to leave the church...

maybe around 18 years of age, you move out and you do not go to church anymore...

this is an exception...

but remember: it is hard to leave because this "truth" is in your head...

so:

your parents chose your beliefs for you (as the rule states: "when you mary, you say you will raise your child as a christian") because you couldn't even defend your beliefs or thoughts...

then, you are raised as a christian and this "truth" is true for you and it is very hard to get this out of your mind...

what is my point???

my point is:

to think about YOUR religion and make a choice about what YOU want to do with your life...

thank you...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I was baptised as an adult.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron

another exception

so...

i assume YOU made the FINAL choice of doing what you did...

if so, GOOD

if not, :shk:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron

Well you an exception to the rule... which is fair enough if you yourself made the choice.

I was brought up Islamic, but I turned my back on the religion at 13. I dont hate the religion, but i dont have any particular love for it.

I realised all religions teach essentially the same things and worship the same god in different ways. The fact that they all compete for the share of the market made me see them for what they really were. A means of control.

So i was forced into a religion at birth and brainwashed into believing it. My family lived in Malaysia and Brunei, two predominatly islamic countries. We moved to Australia at 9 and i suddenly was exposed to this wide spectrum of different religions preaching their gospel... which to me sounded the same, but with slightly differing messages.

I saw the light, or too many lights... so i just decided that none were right and i'd live a good life, and if there is a god and he punished me for not following one particular faith, then he's an asshole for it.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yo no one forced me to be a catholic. Would you rather take the chance of a child not being baptized and end up in hell? Better to do it right away and dont procrastinate. We also have confirmation. In comformation we choose to fallow the catholic faith. So no one forced me at all.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Yo no one forced me to be a catholic. Would you rather take the chance of a child not being baptized and end up in hell? Better to do it right away and dont procrastinate. We also have confirmation. In comformation we choose to fallow the catholic faith. So no one forced me at all.

well...

you dont have to be catholic / christian to go to heaven (if all this is true)...

anyway, did YOU try to say to your parents: "No. I do not want to be a catholic / christian and i do not want confirmation."???

if you didn't, then they would PROBABLY say: "What the hell are you talking about!?" and they WOULD make you...

so, its all the same...

or they would say: "Do you want to go to hell?"...

today, its a "norm" to get all the sacraments and go to church and etc...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
you dont have to be catholic / christian to go to heaven (if all this is true)...
anyway, did YOU try to say to your parents: "No. I do not want to be a catholic / christian and i do not want confirmation."???
if you didn't, then they would PROBABLY say: "What the hell are you talking about!?" and they WOULD make you...
so, its all the same...
or they would say: "Do you want to go to hell?"...
today, its a "norm" to get all the sacraments and go to church and etc...

Well I dont know if you have to be a catholic to go to heaven, but its better to be on the safe side

No I didnt say I didnt want to be catholic. Why would I? I studied the holy scriptures b4 I was confirmed and did alot of soul searching and found it to be the right religion.
I agree a parent probably would say something like that. That is the problem with parents today. Instead of taking the time to explain things to their children they just blow up like this. Its just like the parents complaining about tv. TV doesnt make your kid rotten. Parents need to spend time with their kids. TV is not a babysitter.
Evan if they do force you its not like you have to go to church or believe. Afterwards Its up to the person. Its sad sometimes.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
"The fact that they all compete for the share of the market made me see them for what they really were. A means of control."

You want to know the limit of that control?
Our brains usually learn by associated memories and the chemical inprint or chemical response we are having to what we are observing/experiencing.

Since you were a child you've been taught that heaven is up and heaven is good. Therefore you associate up with good. It was inevitable. Since you were a child you've been taught that hell is down, and hell is bad, therefore you associate down with bad. Since you were a child you were taught to both read and write from left to right. Therefore what you have read/written is in the past and the past is to the left. What you are going to read/write is to the right, which is the future. Lets recap:

UP = Good
DOWN = Bad
LEFT = Past
RIGHT = Future

These are the precepts of truth you already know is true. Humanity knows it as a whole. The fact that we know more about the surface of Mars than we do the oceans of our own planet help to substantiate this claim.

But let us apply these accepted truths to your everyday life and see how one could benifit by knowing that you already accept these truths.
YOUR SIGNATURE AND HANDWRITING reflect these precepts all the time.
Did you know that the CIA and the FBI have handwriting analysists?
This is something I've been doing for over 20 years, and I'm almost never wrong.

When you sign your name you are manifesting who you are onto paper, and all of it tells me what you think of yourself.

Do you lift the pen when signing your surname/family name/last name. Is the first capitol of your last name a letter you were taught would carry through to the second letter? Do you lift the pen that makes a break in your name. More than 9 times out of 10 if there is a seperation in the last name, the owner of that signature comes from a broken home, whether their parents are devorced or seperated, or one has passed on, and I would know it without ever having any previous knowledge whatsoever of them. There are some exceptions like there always seem to be. Is it a woman's taken name, or was the seperation of the parents something that happened in young childhood?

Do your letters lean to the left? If you are not left handed I could be able to tell that you feel that mentally you can not keep up with the changes currently taking place in your life, and that you may be on the verge of contemplating suicide.

Where do you dot your i? Are your below the line loops of your lower case y,j,z,f,g, consistant, and if in your name are they equal in volume of space?
Remember the precepts of accepted as truth information planted into your head by the social order of your environment, and you have a key for accessing the knowledge out of someone's head. Knowledge is power, and is needed for that control.

The same precepts can help you interprit the thought processes of someone's mind in body language (especially feet!) and in eye movement and beyond how you read facial expressions.

Control .... Indeed!

"It's in the way that you use it, it comes and it goes."
--Eric Clapton--

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My parents were catholic. At 18 I joined the army , moved away.
If I never read the bible I would never have left the catholic church.
I am non-denom protestant now. I could say that I made that choice.
But from your perspective, I did it.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
"The fact that they all compete for the share of the market made me see them for what they really were. A means of control."

Therefore what you have read/written is in the past and the past is to the left. What you are going to read/write is to the right, which is the future.

Control .... Indeed!

Now i dont know what that has to do with my opoint about religions all fighting for a share of themarket... but i agree with you up and down remark... but its not just heaven and hell... you look UP to someone or you look DOWN to someone...up means BIG, down MEANS Small...

But with the handwriting remark left being past, right being future... i grew up learning Alphabet we are using now, and also the Arabic Alphabet... which is right to left... so i havent (and i dont think anyone else has) any preconception of left being the past and right being the future...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Mahr Haba, Ina radjule itfa'a. Ar Juke Lock Tock Tuni, sadeeke.
Des bon Allah kher.

I know it's a poor attempt to phonetically write out something in Arabic, but those are a few of the words/phrases I've learned.

Your input is appreciated, and yes, the fact that you've learned to read and write in both directions may alter the interpritation of your handwritings in ways I don't as of yet understand. There are exceptions, almost always. I was simply trying to point out that the pre-conceptions we have may have more of an influence on how we present ourselves to the world, without knowing we are doing it sometimes. These are just an example of control that I promise you others use to gain an advantage over you. Well, they try. Great thing about "Karma" ... or whatever you choose to call it. But, even Cain had his mark.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Ahh i dont read arabic anymore i turned away from that along with the islamic religion... all we ever learnt was how to read the prayers, how to recite them and what they meant...

but i still look at things more as starting from right and finishing at left...

But yes, religion is but one way that we are controlled. There are sooo many ways we can control things and we can be controlled.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The pastor at my old church used to be the most anti-God, rebelious person you could imagine. He actually set out to disprove the bible once and for all. While reading it, he became a Christian. He goes on missionary trips, gives much of his things away to people who need them, etc. Brainwashed? I think not. I've also chosen my religion. I've considered other ones, and I like Christianity the best.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Herman]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Most parents babtize thier children and raise them up into the Chruch for thier own good, and to create a strong foundation of belief that can weather storms. Too often parents turn this act of love into a demand and alienate thier children as they grow up and start wanting to seek independance.

You should allways go to church out of Joy, not as a requirement.

Also, if you do not babtize children they will never recive the gift of the holy spirit and there would be doubts as to what will happen to thier soul if they die at an early age before being babtized.

Only bitterness would make you angry at a church for not letting you decide. And only those that think The Church as an enemy would concider it brainwashing.

I was babtized as an adult FYI, after over 20 years of being unchurched

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Screw Religion, my parents FORCED my ARSE to be a RC, I was forced into baptism and confirmation...

AND NOW I'M AN ATHEIST!! HAHAH!!!! EAT MY SH8T GOD!!!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So what about us devout evangelical athiests who, while debating and arguing with those foolish Christians, suddenly started to believe that everything we believed was dead wrong and joined the enemy? Were we forced, too?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think what 'They See All' is trying to say is alot of people, not all people, only believe their religion due to lack of exposure to other religions.

If you ask many christians about islam or Buddhism, they dont know anything about them... and worse yet many arent even willing to listen to anyone trying to explain their religion. I see it all the time. some religious parents wont even let their kids associate with people that arent of the same faith... why?

Its simply fear that it might open their minds to something else... fear that everything they believe could be wrong... people like security, relgion gives you this. If you expose yourself or your kids to another religion you may find that everything you believed may not be true...

But if you made an informed decision after looking at all the religions available and chose the one best for you thats good... if you chose christianity because its the religion that everyone else around you is... well thats still decided for you in a way.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I choosed my parents.. therefore I choosed my religion too but forgot the reason why.

maybe cause my mom had big boobs

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
they see ALL....You have certainly been here long enough to know the regulations on caps, yet many of your posts have all caps in them. Why is that? Is what you have to say really worth all the yelling and screaming? WTF?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Would you rather take the chance of a child not being baptized and end up in hell?

Infant baptism does not cause that child to be saved. If a child dies, it would go to be with the Lord because God is merciful. There is an age, when with the information you have concerning Christ, you must make a decision to accept or reject Him. My ex father in law is married to someone in the catholic faith and he is not. He is 70 something and should have died from emphysema a couple of your ago. He was in a semi-coma and the Drs. said he wouldn't make it. His wife had a preist come in and the priest put a little water on his head to baptise him and then told her his sins are forgiven. He was unconscious. That does not forgive sins, He has heard of Christ before and rejected Him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join