It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus buried in Japan ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Originally posted by Croat56
Besides he left the responsiblity to the apostles and the rest of christians to spread his word.

Maybe it was one of the apostles who made it to Japan, and someone wrote it down mistakenly as Jesus being in Japan.

Right after Jesus died, there was no "Christianity", only a handfull of people who believed him. Christianity became what it is today thanks to Roman Empire.
If someone went to Japan to spread the word of Jesus, the whole jewish background of the story would be pointless there. What they could spread was the message of peace, love thy neighbour, give to the poor, and all that general stuff. Since japanese empire never took that as its official religion, it never became "big". It remained a nearly forgotten legend.

Another possibility is that considering the importance of Jesus, God sent him to more then one place on Earth. There are legends of Jesus-like figure appearing in South America, spreading a message similar to what Jesus taught. Same stories in India, Japan...
Surely, if God wanted to save the whole human kind, he would try to spread his message to more then one place.

or something along the lines of 'someone of jesus' but putting emphasis more on jesus than the actual person or person who were teaching about him

seems like a good theory

also it is one we will never truly know as it is done and past

[edit on 21-7-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just a small contribution....but according to the Bible, after Jesus rose from the dead, he appeared to many different people in physical form without having visibly traveled there. Now the Gospels were written by those who saw him in the middle east---who's to say he didn't also appear to others around the world? It seems like quite a waste to bestow miracles only to a chosen few in a chosen area.

I don't know....just putting that out there.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Either you believe that Christ resurrected or you do not.
If he did then he had to be somewhere.

Ah now you will point to the asencion into heaven.

This couresy of Wikipedia explains the rest.

The third account of the Ascension is in the Acts of the Apostles 1:9-12). For forty days after the Resurrection, Jesus continued to teach his followers. Jesus and the eleven were gathered near Mount Olivet, to the northeast of Bethany. Jesus tells his apostles that they will receive the power of the Holy Spirit, the "Comforter," see also Paraclete, and that they will spread his message the world over, i.e. the Great Commission. Jesus is taken up and received by a cloud. Two men clothed in white (i.e., angels) appear and tell the apostles that Jesus will return in the same manner as he was taken.

Well, if he was returned by angels, that explains his later wanderings outside of generally known history.

Please I hope no one is offended by the suggestion, but a little more googling and a check of wikipedia, and less recitation of institutionalized dogma would lead to enlightenment, so to speak.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Um how about the fact that he rose from the dead and 40 days later he was lifted into heaven where he is now and to remain until the end of times?

Fact? What fact? Were you there? None of the bible is fact

2 lines

[edit on 26-2-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"The document contained also Jesus will, requesting that his brother's tomb to be located next to his"

Um Jesus had a brother?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It was illegal to be a christian in Japan until sometime in the mid 1800s. You can see the tomb of Jesus in Aomori. Aomori is the second poorest city in Japan. They grow apples. They also have two very unusual and difficult dialects of Japanese. There is a Mr. Sajiro Sawaguchi who claims to be descended from Jesus. He doesn't seem to exploit it for money, etc... and being a Buddhist, he simply does not think it important at all.

There is also rumor that many christians who fled persecution in the 1500s came to Japan.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
There is also rumor that many christians who fled persecution in the 1500s came to Japan.

Christians where persecuted in the 1500s?

Anyway, yes there is a chance Jesus is buried in Japan... He probably rode there on his trusty dinosaur to fight mechagodzilla. Him being buried means he lost.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by farther84

Yes if you belive some on the gnostic texts and the book of enoch, I belive don't qoute me on the specific works, but I have read both in scripture and re;ligiouse theory that jesus had a brother, esus and that there has been a manipulation of the truth, wich coinsides with certain sayings, such as the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. Crazy theory I know but the way i read it was, that joshua(yahweahs son) Had a brothe Esus(known today as Lucifer), I have also read that who we call Jesus is actually Lucifer, and Joshua and his story was twisted into having Esus or Jesus as the messiah. I dont subscribe to this thought set but it does make some sense in the works I have read. Its all just speculation.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

really? well that isn't something I've heard before. Thanks BeyondBelow star for you.

Strange that it fits with some modern theories of the history of man. Like the Terra Papers.

Will have to go and have a read now

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Christians where persecuted in the 1500s?

Yes. One example is under the reign of Queen Mary 1. If you are interested research The Marian Persecutions.

Oh yeah, Jesus and the mechagodzilla. But I think you have the dinosaur bit wrong. He walked on the water to cross the sea of Japan from Korea.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

The Japanese supressed the local Christians during the 17th century.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The main reason which led to the complete extinction of Christianity in Japan by 1638 were the government's intentions to excert absolute control over its people. This would not have been possible with the interference of an aggressive and intolerant foreign religion like Christianity of that time.reply to post by Hanslune

They did a little more than suppress them. I think it was sometime in the 1830s when you could be christian again in Japan. Didn't really catch on as only 1% of them are christian. Many of those "Japanese christians" may also be like my wife. She likes to go to drag me to church sometimes and even reads the bible. However, she has no interest in accepting Jesus as her personal savior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join