It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus buried in Japan ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A long time ago, I read about ancient records that mention a person with striking similarities to Jesus, living in Japan in the first century AD. Recently, I came across the link about Jesus in Japan.

In 1935, Kiyomaro Takeuchi discovered 1900 year old document stored in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan, containing evidence, that Jesus (Joshua) born in Bethlehem to virgin Mary is buried in Herai Village in Aomori district of Japan. The document contained also Jesus will, requesting that his brother's tomb to be located next to his. The document was SO authentic and news so explosive at the time, that the Japanese government banned the document from public view and kept it locked in a museum in Tokyo. During World War II Tokyo was severely bombed and the museum with all documents was allegedly destroyed. Luckily, Takeuchi family made copies of the document before surrendering it to officials. Copies preserved by the Takeuchi family survived to this day.

What do you all make of that? Was there any evidence to disprove that, or otherwise?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
fascinating

I never heard of Jesus making it to Japan before. I have heard of Jesus being in India during the lost years. I have also heard he is buried somewhere in Kashmir.

www.jesus.com.au...

www.sol.com.au...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What do you all make of that? Was there any evidence to disprove that, or otherwise?

Um how about the fact that he rose from the dead and 40 days later he was lifted into heaven where he is now and to remain until the end of times?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Um how about the fact that he rose from the dead and 40 days later he was lifted into heaven where he is now and to remain until the end of times?

I just read the Creed and I agree. However, the Japanese phenonmenon can have a divine origin as well, don't you think?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I just read the Creed and I agree. However, the Japanese phenonmenon can have a divine origin as well, don't you think?

It just seems kind of odd that if Jesus were to have actually gone to Japan and preached then how come there were no christians in Japan? I know there are some Christians in India. And if he made it all the way there then there would be a better record for he would have had to gone through china and a whole bunch of other countries to get there. Besides he left the responsiblity to the apostles and the rest of christians to spread his word.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

It just seems kind of odd that if Jesus were to have actually gone to Japan and preached then how come there were no christians in Japan? I know there are some Christians in India. And if he made it all the way there then there would be a better record for he would have had to gone through china and a whole bunch of other countries to get there. Besides he left the responsiblity to the apostles and the rest of christians to spread his word.

All that might have been due to His plan. And as we know, this is unscrutable.

As to passing through China... If he didn't want to get noticed, he wouldn't be noticed. Heck, I won't be surprised to hear that he was made invisible or traveled by air, or both

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Besides he left the responsiblity to the apostles and the rest of christians to spread his word.

Maybe it was one of the apostles who made it to Japan, and someone wrote it down mistakenly as Jesus being in Japan.

Right after Jesus died, there was no "Christianity", only a handfull of people who believed him. Christianity became what it is today thanks to Roman Empire.
If someone went to Japan to spread the word of Jesus, the whole jewish background of the story would be pointless there. What they could spread was the message of peace, love thy neighbour, give to the poor, and all that general stuff. Since japanese empire never took that as its official religion, it never became "big". It remained a nearly forgotten legend.

Another possibility is that considering the importance of Jesus, God sent him to more then one place on Earth. There are legends of Jesus-like figure appearing in South America, spreading a message similar to what Jesus taught. Same stories in India, Japan...
Surely, if God wanted to save the whole human kind, he would try to spread his message to more then one place.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well like I said befor he was raised into heaven 40 days after he rose from the dead. Unless he went to each of those places one day at a time Im not sure if you could give them credence. If he did go then why did he not tell his apostles that he was going to go around the world and spread his teachings?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
LOL!!!

Haven't heard that one before!

Trade routes from the Mediterranean region to the Far East existed before Christ. I would not be surprised if a few European or Semitic travelers were buried there and the story morphed over time.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Right after Jesus died, there was no "Christianity", only a handfull of people who believed him. Christianity became what it is today thanks to Roman Empire.

According to the book of Acts, though, that handfull turned into thousands almost overnight. Peter would preach, and throngs would be converted. Then Paul did the same thing through the rest of the known world outside of Israel. The Holy Roman Empire simply made it law, which did a lot to spread it even more, but Christianity had a pretty strong foothold before Constantine.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well like I said befor he was raised into heaven 40 days after he rose from the dead. Unless he went to each of those places one day at a time Im not sure if you could give them credence. If he did go then why did he not tell his apostles that he was going to go around the world and spread his teachings?

John 10:16 (KJV) "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

My religion takes this to mean that Jesus did in fact "go around the world and spread his teachings". I'm a Mormon, so in particular we believe he came to North America, and other places as well, although no record that we know of indicates where else He might have been.

3 Nephi 16:1-2 (Book of Mormon) "1. And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister. 2. For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them."

I'm not saying Jesus did or did not go to Japan, but I am saying he might have. We don't have any Christians in Japan, other than those who have converted in modern times, so that seems to suggest that it isn't likely. However, the same thing can be said for the Mormon religion's beliefs about Jesus coming to North America; there were no Christians here when the Europeans came.

Look at Buddhism, for example. It was founded in India, yet the vast majority of the world's Buddhists do not live in India today.

According to www.nationmaster.com, the religious distribution in India is:
"Hindu 81.3%, Muslim 12%, Christian 2.3%, Sikh 1.9%, other groups including Buddhist, Jain, Parsi 2.5% (2000)"

So it is possible that a religion can virtually disappear from a location where even it's founder was born.

As for Christ being raised to heaven 40 days after His resurrection, that is correct, but that doesn't mean He couldn't have come back to Earth again, later.

Looking at the link Aelita provided, however, it appears to contradict what mainstream Christianity believes about Christ.

from www.thiaoouba.com...
According to "Thiaoouba Prophecy", Jesus (Joshua) born to virgin Mary in Bethlehem, after an "angel" from Thiaoouba (tYehova) implanted the embryo, escaped the slaughter of 2606 babies and arrived in Egypt. After surprising all scholars at the age of 12, he left his parents at 14 to travel with his 12 years old brother Ouriki to Burma, India and China. Eventually he arrived in Japan at the age of 50. He got married there, and had 3 daughters. Finally he died in Herai where he had lived for 45 years, gaining respect and love of everyone. Christ who appeared at Judea and died on the cross was another, very special man. No man born on Earth could do what he did. Christ never said that He was born on Earth... He insisted that He was a Son of Yehova (which is commonly translated as God or Father)…

I find this paragraph extremely confusing and contradictory. This, amongst other things, makes me suspect that the Takeuchi document is not authentic. That is my personal opinion, however; I am welcome to rebuttal on this point.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I wounldn't be surprised to hear Jesus in japan. A lot of the Shinto beliefs paralell what Jesus taught. I rememebr reading quotes from a non-cononical gospel and Jesus said something like 'cut some wood, and you will see the Spirit, and climb the tree and God is there.' This sounds a lot like how Shintoists believe that everything has a spirit, so maybe Jesus picked up some of his ideas from japan

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

That's if you take for granted what the bible tells you. How about the possibility that the apostles were wrong. They could have got his message completely wrong. If you look into it deeper, the likelihood is that Jesus was a Pagan, and possibly even a member of a secret society; the Cult of Isis, so would have had his inner circle of initiates. It is possible that the apostles in the New Testament were not member of his inner circle so thus did not receive the true secret teachings of Jesus. Therefore, that would mean that the apostles and the New Testament only teach you exoteric knowledge, whereas the inner circle initiates would have had the esoteric knowledge. This would then be more in line with Mary Magdalene being the true apostle of the apostles and the one that carried on the true teachings of Christ.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarper
That's if you take for granted what the bible tells you. How about the possibility that the apostles were wrong. They could have got his message completely wrong. If you look into it deeper, the likelihood is that Jesus was a Pagan, and possibly even a member of a secret society; the Cult of Isis, so would have had his inner circle of initiates. It is possible that the apostles in the New Testament were not member of his inner circle so thus did not receive the true secret teachings of Jesus. Therefore, that would mean that the apostles and the New Testament only teach you exoteric knowledge, whereas the inner circle initiates would have had the esoteric knowledge. This would then be more in line with Mary Magdalene being the true apostle of the apostles and the one that carried on the true teachings of Christ.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

This would mean that the Mormons are what?? Suposedly the "J" man came to the backwoods of New York and taught the indians...so why aren't there any texts here??

I don't believed Jesus died on the cross. I believe he was still alive, but just barely when he was taken down. Japan would be a great place to go if you are trying to escape the Romans. Remember, the first pages of text written about Jesus weren't written til about 120 years after Jesus' death. This leaves alot of room for padding what actually happened... people wouldn't follow a Roman criminal, but someone who came back from the dead, and walked on water....SURE. Remember, back then, doing a good slight of hand trick could either get you marked as an oracle or marked for death. They would believe anything back then, especially if they needed something bigger to believe in.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I believe in God and Jesus, I just don't believe it happened as the bible says it does

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelita

Yes, I do believe that Jesus was in Japan. I have visited the city in Japan and seen the carbon dated blood on the door of a home. It is real Tge belief of the people is real. I visited there in 1971. I still believe that Jesus was there. Shen you go and hear the story from the Japanese people of the area your spirit rises in your soul and you know you are standing in sacred ground.
Jnanhatha@aol.com

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well, I had to be a spoilsport, but just applying the principle of Occam's Razor, it's a pretty thin pretext on which to assume Jesus travelled to Japan, when it was virtually mythical at the time.

How long would it have taken him to get there, in 30AD? How dangerous would travelling there be?

Like America (and the joke that is the "book of Mormon"), Jesus did not even know of Japan, and so never went there. I realise it might be hard for Christians in these areas of the world to reconcile that they are no-where near where Jesus lived or operated, but there's no point trying to connect dots that aren't there.

He lived and died in the Middle East, with absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Of course if he was a god then he could do anything he wanted!

My own opinion. He was a human prophet who died and whose followers made him into a god (perhaps like so many modern cult leaders he too believed that he was a god/son of god)

Benjamin you seem well versed on things Biblical, do you think (assuming JC was just a plain human) that he thought he was god/son of god? Or that this concept was added in by his followers?

[edit on 29/6/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Interesting. It would definitely give new meaning to Land of the Rising Sun (Son?).

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
According to the Bible, when Jesus was recieved into a cloud, some men or angels, I dn't recall which, said "Why do you watch? This same Jesus you have seen shall come in the same manner as you have seen him go." [rough, from memory.]

THerefore, he could come back into the earth plane the same way he left. Thus anything that comes after is not a violation of what is considered scripture by many people.

Therefore, anything is possible, though the Japanese texts seem garbled somewhat. It seems something went on in that Village.

Read HE WALKED THE AMERICAS for a much better account of Jesus activites in the Americas.

These are the legends of The Healer. This is the drama of Mahnt-Azoma, or Tl-Acoma, The Mighty, simetimes called Kate-Zahl, The Prophet. ... The sequence of these fire-light legends, particularly vivid among the wild tribes, form one by one a curious pattern. It is the story of a saintly white teacher, whose hands performed miracles of healing, and whose strange eyes, grey-green as the ocean, looked down the vistas of the future.
His symbol is woven into blankets; carved upon the walls of canyons; burned into pottery; danced in dances. His name is given to rushing rivers, tall white mountains; sacred forests; springs of never ending water.

All the glory of the Godhead
Had the Prophet, Quetzal-coatl;
All the honor of the people.
Sanctified his name, and holy;
And their prayers they offered to him
In the days of ancient Tula.
[from the Aztec]

This is our book. May you write it in beauty as we have told it in beauty.
Zeahley Tso, chief of the Navaho

This is our book- these legends of the Ancient times. They are of the blood which courses through our veins.... we knew the Great Wakon-Tah, but we forgot His words. These legends should help us to look up and remember. Shooting Star, of the Hunkapa Dacotah

POLYNESIAN ISLANDS, FIRST CENTURY ANNO DOMINI
Once in the days long-vanished, with three great ships which had sailed from the sunset-lands, came white robed Wakea – the Fair God who healed the injured, raised the dead, and walked on water. He came to an outlying island of the Tahitian where two tribes were fighting bitterly.
He came as two groups of warriors were fightning, with three ships. Forgotten was the heat of the battle. Friend and foe stood facing seaward... Then the islanders saw something white moving toward them. Apparenlty it had come from the Great Birds, and it glided easily over the water with the thythmical ease of a man walking.
Soon they could see Him clearly, the gold of the dawn-light shining behind and around Him, making a halo of his long-curling hair and beard.
His eye flahsed with anger as He stared about him and looked upon the injured. ....they saw him going among the injured and dying who arose from their pain to find themselves well of body as soon as his hand or his garments had touched them.
Thus on this never to be forgotten day came the beloved Wakea to live for awhile among the people.
...As the long days passed, He began to teach the tribesmen. He told them of the One God who ruled the heavens... For Wakea they gave up war and the sacrifice of children which had kept down their populations so they would not overeat their island.
Every morning before dawn Wakea would rise and pray toward the dawn-star on some high point facing seaward.
As the time for him to go came close, the people asked «Are we never again to see you Wakea?»
«One day you will see me returning, even as I came through the light of the dawning, if you remember to keep my commandments and always love one another."

After his work in the city of ancient glory, Pachacama, these were his words:
«I found you sinful in cunning warfare; I leave you peaceful and contented. I found you dealing in human slavery; I leave you free. My well-trained priesthood will carry on all rites now for me. Baptismal, marriage and the last interment- all will go on. Why am I going? Why have I spoken so long

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join