It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endless Oil Supply?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just found this article and have no idea how decent of a source it is. Anyway I thought it was interesting and wanted to pass it along.

This really interested some scientists. Thomas Gold, astronomer and professor emeritus of Cornell held for years that oil is actually renewable primordial syrup continually manufactured by the earth under ultra hot conditions and tremendous pressures. This substance migrates upward picking up bacteria that attack it making it appear to have an organic origin, i.e., come from dinosaurs and vegetation. As best I have found so far Russian scientists support his position, at least that petroleum is of primordial origin. There is now plenty of evidence around proving the presence of methane in our universe. It is easy to see it as a part of the formation of the earth. Under the right conditions of temperature and pressure, it converts to more complex hydrocarbons.

www.lewrockwell.com...

Let me know what you guys think. One interesting thing is that if this is true the oil companies would never want it to get out, the price of oil would be pennies?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If oil is so easy to get at and find then go wildcatting in your backyard. By this logic, since oil is 'everywhere and plentiful' you'll soon be a millionaire with oil at $50 a barrel.

If it's so easy to get at, then why wouldn't the Communist Chinese wait for their own reservoirs to fill up, rather than rushing around the world to lock-up long-term oil contracts with Iran, Sudan, Venezeula? Is it because they are in secret alilance with our capitalist multinational oil companies to repress the truth about abiotic oil? Really now.

There has never been a documented geological case of oil reservoirs replenishing, other than understimating the original reserves and not realizing other nearby fields were flowing into it.

Would you claim gold is a constantly replenished resource? Silver? Uranium?

You can say oil is "replenished" in that biological matter will accumulate on some seabed and be crushed into petroleum at some point if it happens to sink to the right level and be covered with the right mixture of sand and sediment to be 'cooked' ... you just got wait around a few billion years.

But nobody in the petroleum industry ever has or ever will make money off of the abiotic theory of oil.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Many links to the abiotic oil theory (and links debunking it) are available on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add your comments there.

Closing this thread.

join