It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666? i'm afraid not...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
news.independent.co.uk...
Looks like 666 will have to go out of the window now heh.

sorry if this is a re-post, search came up with nowt.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yea I heard of this. This is defiantly quite interesting indeed. So many anti-Christ theories now void.. I’m sure many people will now be trying extra hard to mark their most hated person as the beast with this in no time.

Though I wonder if news of this new find will really spread to most people, or whether people will still keep there eye out for 666 and totally miss the 616. Maybe this is how he’ll slip in and deceive everyone.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And what proof is there that these 'news' are not out by those that want to divert attention away from '666'?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
On the part of Ronald Wilson Reagan and Harold Sixtus Truman's mothers.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
See why numerology is silly?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
in the scripture, it is implied that "he who is wise" should be able to know who the "beast" is and do so from this information (666/616). it should logically follow then that not only was "the beast" one who is a contemporary to the writer/readers, but also that there is an obvious necessity for the information passed to be coded. it would be prudent at this point to bring up the fact that john was in a roman prison at the time and nero was known to be extremely vicious. further, in those days, it was common to put a name in code by adding the letter/numbers together.

to get a glimpse of who nero was, let me quote from "Civilization - Past and Present" Fourth edition, by, Scott/Foresman;
pg 143 -
"We are now indebted to Tacitus for his account of how Nero made the Christians in the capital the scapegoats for the great fire: Mockery was added to the Christians' deaths. They were covered with animal skins and torn to pieces by dogs, many were crucified or burned, and some were set afire at nightfall to serve for illumination. For the spectacle Nero offered his gardens, and he presented horse races in addition. In the dress of a charioteer he himself stood up in his sulky. Hence the victims aroused compassion, for it was not for the public good but for one man's savagery that they were being destroyed."

to twist The Revelation to fit evangelic, dispensational eschatology is seriously erred.
daved

[edit] - and to imply that it is not based on reason is to remain ignorant of history, eastern culture and the bible. to each his own i suppose.

[2nd edit] - since 666/616 = nero's name/title in their respective languages (greek and hebrew), it is further evidence that those who were in those days knew and were expected to know (with a bit of thinking) who john was speaking of.

from - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
666 is not the number of the beast
You didn't really have to search for it, ot was just a few posts down

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
666/616 depends on which langauge your using

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So this is how the devil has been hiding all this time!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
So this is how the devil has been hiding all this time!
No I haven't. You silly people just wouldn't listen to me when I told you that 666 wasn't my number. That's the cell number of my sister, and let me tell you, she's a real -----. Yeah, I've never really liked her. She always made fun of me as a kid. I can see why you silly Christians thought that 666 was my number. You must have called it one time, and she doesn't like strangers calling her number.

[edit on 5/4/2005 by supercheetah]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

"By using 666 we're using something that the Christians fear. Mind you, if they do switch to 616 being the number of the beast then we'll start using that."

Thats bone headed. They think we are afraid of a number?

Professor David Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less memorable than 666, is the original. He said: "This is an example of gematria, where numbers are based on the numerical values of letters in people's names. Early Christians would use numbers to hide the identity of people who they were attacking: 616 refers to the Emperor Caligula."

This seems to be saying we dont have to worry about it because it already happened. If so....
This differs from the bible

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

"By using 666 we're using something that the Christians fear. Mind you, if they do switch to 616 being the number of the beast then we'll start using that."

Thats bone headed. They think we are afraid of a number?
I don't know if you realize this, but the Satanism founded by Anton LaVey is little more than glorified atheism. Almost its entire purpose is a mockery of Christianity. It has nothing to do with putting fear into Christians (that would be a bonus). The honest truth is that they don't care if Christians fear them, but they will revel in it if Christians do fear them.

new topics

top topics

join