It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suadi's meeting with president over 9-11-01

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Saudis and Bush To Meet Over 9/11 Allegations

By Glenn Kessler and Dana Priest
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, July 29, 2003; Page A01

Saudi officials, furious over a congressional report issued last week alleging possible links between individuals in the Saudi government and some of the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers, have requested and been granted a meeting today between Foreign Minister Prince Saud Faisal and President Bush.

The hastily scheduled White House visit, which will take place shortly after Bush meets with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, demonstrates the level of Saudi anger and the kingdom's clout with the Bush administration. A key issue in the dispute is that 28 pages of the 900-page report, in a section dealing with allegations about Saudi Arabia, were entirely classified -- but well-publicized -- and some U.S. officials said it appeared the Saudi government was moving toward asking the president to declassify those pages.

follow up article: White House Rejects Saudi Request on 9/11 Report

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House rejected a request by the Saudi government on Tuesday to declassify sections of a Sept. 11, 2001, report dealing with Saudi Arabia, saying it could compromise intelligence sources and methods.

next pertinent article:

White House Won't Declassify 9-11 Report

By KEN GUGGENHEIM, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The White House, facing a crucial meeting Tuesday with Saudi Arabia's foreign minister, refused to declassify part of an intelligence report on possible links between individuals in the Saudi government and some of the Sept. 11 hijackers.

Declassifying 28 pages of redacted material, as has been requested by the Saudi government and some members of Congress, would "compromise our national security and possibly interfere with the investigation of the events of Sept. 11," said White House spokesman Scott McClellan.

The decision came against a background of controversy over whether officials in Saudi Arabia had connections with the terrorists

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhh, I would give almost anything to be a fly on the wall for that meeting.
Especially to hear the comments from the Saudis'. Bet on it.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Ohhhhhhh, I would give almost anything to be a fly on the wall for that meeting.

regards
seekerof

Really, that would be great. Could you imagine the things you'd hear, wow!

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really, that would be great. Could you imagine the things you'd hear, wow!"

Ya, you'd hear things like, "How much?", "What does your father think?", "I should invest where?" and "I'll make sure to keep those oil prices high Mr. President."

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Again, I am implying my opinion that the Saudis diffently had a connection to 9/11....thats all.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You may hear some of these things, VoD.

I think somehow you may also hear about Israel, currencies, project terms, and maybe even some untruths on both sides.

top topics

join