It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, how many votes have YOU got?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've got two!

One, a postal vote for Blackburn (where my "permanent" address is), and one for Hampstead and Highgate, where I've living while on contract. I notifed Blackburn council to get the council tax discount so they should know I'm not there.... hmmm.... I wonder how many people get round to notifying the electoral people (whoever they are) specifically?

The really sad thing is that even if I was tempted to use both (which I'm not), both a strong labour seats and unlikely to fall, so in a sense it doesn't matter.

It just make me wonder, if it's so easy for people to end up with two votes, how many people out there just go ahead and use them both?

Soo.... any advance on two?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

Not really...well sort of, during the Euro election due to a mix up I could have voted even though I wasn't old enough, don't worry everyone I didn't vote

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
two votes.
One local and one national.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Two National votes!

One in Leicester, where im at Uni and one in Maldon where used to live.

If i could be arsed to get on a train i could vote twice!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
I've got two!

One, a postal vote for Blackburn (where my "permanent" address is), and one for Hampstead and Highgate, where I've living while on contract. I notifed Blackburn council to get the council tax discount so they should know I'm not there.... hmmm.... I wonder how many people get round to notifying the electoral people (whoever they are) specifically?

The really sad thing is that even if I was tempted to use both (which I'm not), both a strong labour seats and unlikely to fall, so in a sense it doesn't matter.

It just make me wonder, if it's so easy for people to end up with two votes, how many people out there just go ahead and use them both?

The same thing happed with a person i know. They got a postal vote but were never taken of the normal voting list.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Elfwood]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There was an article in the the sunday times which brought up the voting problems, some people have their votes stolen, etc.

new topics

top topics

join