It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You believe in 'God'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've been reading people say they "believe in God, just not that God."

I'm seeing it more and more, as if it's seemingly sneaking up from behind.. For centuries you either had a hardcode religion, or nothing.. Now it seems people all over the globe seem to be rejecting every religion in the world and making "their own."

Here's an example that I'm seeing quite often..

I was brought up in a Catholic family too, I was even an altar boy. As an adult I don't adhere to any religion, though I still believe in "God" though not in the sense that most religions see it.

-Kegs

Just a mere example pulled off this forum, but I've seen many throughout the internet, and have even had discussions with people regarding this very idealistic way of thinking..

My questions are to the people that seem to be rejecting all mainstream religions and forming your own beliefs..

~What are your beliefs? What exactly is different from your "view" of God then say.. any other?

~What made you break away from mainstream religions?

~Do you ever wonder if you'll be punished for having your own views?

[edit on 5/3/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is an easy one for me.
I do not subscribe to any organized religion although I follow the Christian values.
The Church turned it's back on me when in a very desperate situation, I called on Sanctuary at a church where I had servered as an altar boy for 4 years.
The preist, granted me sanctuary, then turned right around and contacted the people that I was avoiding, the man married to my mother who had vowed to kill me for protecting my family from him.

Add to that the fact that most churches today have revised their bibles to some effect to better uphold their beliefs, I find to be appaling and against the teachings of the bible.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

~What are your beliefs? What exactly is different from your "view" of God then say.. any other?

My beliefs are simple. Live a honest life and the golden rule.
My view of God may not be any different than anyone else's. My view is that there is a higher power that can and will guide us if we ask for direction.

Profit. Most of the church's I have ever attended were out for profit and personal gain in my opinion. Hypocrasy.

Not at all. God gave us free will to use as we choose. I am much better at having a personal relationship with God on my own, then having religions dictate to me what is right and wrong and how I should live my life.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

I don't know that my view of God differs from everyone elses. The best way to describe my beliefs would be by reading the "Conversations With God" books, they sum up what I've believed for a long time pretty well.

Logic. It simply doesn't make sense to me that God could create all this, then be egocentric enough to demand love and devotion, and only one way to live in order to gain salvation. Those are things kings and dictators do, not Gods.

Not at all.

[edit on 5/3/2005 by QuietSoul]

top topics

join