It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morale down on insurgents and terrorists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050503/ts_nm/iraq_zarqawi_dc

Zarqawi abandons friends when U.S. assaults Falluja. These guys are suppose to be Muslim brothers. its an Bedouin tradition and Zarqawi breaks that tradition.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Although it would be good to hear that they are suffering from low morale, (they do suffer from low morals) this article seems to be more political spin and supposition that actual fact with the text being open to different interpretations.

I would say its released more for the domestic political US market as good news from the battle front, rather than an objective assessment of the Iraqi's feelings.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
These guys are suppose to be Muslim brothers

As we found found in Afghanastan ... that muslim brotherhood
can be circumvented with $$$. They'll take payoffs to switch sides
in a heart beat. That muslim brotherhood thing only happens
when it is in their own individual best interests to use it.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm afraid this is not meaningful.

If money was the solution, the $25M reward would have produced results by now.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I thought it was a psy op to provoke the group.

And the secondary motive was to sell the news domestically.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
everything is probably a psy-op these days lol

everything looks too "perfect and convinient" doesnt it?

maybe thats the goal of the psy-op
to get everyone in all nations all riled up...

Dont let it work on you.
Stay calm and keep you guns down.
Keep the saftey on and keep the clip far away.

Dont be fooled into killing someone for someone else.
Its pointless.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by periwinkle blue
I'm afraid this is not meaningful.

If money was the solution, the $25M reward would have produced results by now.

True dat, yo.

About their morale (the low on morals thing was pretty funny
), I dunno. They keep coming with more organized attacks, so I can't say their morale is low. Who knows, though?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Maybe their morale gets so low, they commit suicide, oh wait, thats their primary method of attack, in other news: more than 50 iraqi-Kurds killed by suicide bomber....

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
How could morale ever be up for an insurgency made up of small bands of lightly armed men against an invincible gigantic military force already victorious and in occupation of their land? The insurgency only needs to look at Germany or Japan to know that the U.S. has no intention of ever leaving. Yet all this does not stop their attacks. The attacks will never stop or decrease as a result of any alleged morale loss in the media.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This story could be just made up for the media. The mental propanganda war for the american's war supporters. Or just made mabe the islamic empire is about to fall into a new culture.

As the persia's feel to the arab's, mabe the arabs will fall to the american's.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I reckon the insurgents are spreading disinformation in order to mislead the enemy about there numbers moral and tactics.
How long can Bush supports keep deluding themselvs that the political process will defeat the insurgents ?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
how long before insurgents and terrorists realize they will never get their Islamic empire?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
How could morale ever be up for an insurgency made up of small bands of lightly armed men against an invincible gigantic military force already victorious and in occupation of their land? The insurgency only needs to look at Germany or Japan to know that the U.S. has no intention of ever leaving. Yet all this does not stop their attacks. The attacks will never stop or decrease as a result of any alleged morale loss in the media.

Good point Frith.

I think you could actually give them props for still fighting. It's like the 90 pound weakling with a slingshot steadily attacking the 3 ton elephant with a bazooka in its trunk...well, something like that. I know I would have given up a long time ago, but maybe the torture stories (and incidents) keep them going; if so, I would keep fighting, on second thought.

Then again, there's the David and Goliath story for you biblical folks...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Its $50 million now btw. And still no results!!

Id turn in my mom for $50 million, heck, $1 million!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
how long before insurgents and terrorists realize they will never get their Islamic empire?

They already tried that and it failed. I believe it was a collition of Brits and French along with a few other countries. I think they called it the Crusades.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenus
Maybe their morale gets so low, they commit suicide, oh wait, thats their primary method of attack, in other news: more than 50 iraqi-Kurds killed by suicide bomber....

IMHO the suicide bombers are comparable to rabid supporters of BushCo. and this war. Blinded by those who interpret religion for their own purposes and leading their sheeple around by the nose, not giving them accurate information. Notice its never the big guys who put themselves in harm's way?

Islam is not about blowing yourself up and taking innocents with you.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

Islam is not about blowing yourself up and taking innocents with you.

Really you could have fooled me I thought they were just blowing themselves up for world peace. Ha yeah ok. So why do they blow themselves up????? Can you answer that question?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This was a "letter to Zarqawi," and not from him, right?

My kids will probably write to Santa this Spring and tell him that morale is low, and the brothers and sisters live in fear of more coal in the stockings this year.

Does this mean that Santa will ever get the letter, or that Santa even decides who gets the coal? Or that they are even connected to Santa?(believe me, they get it EVERY year, because Santa's helper says so!).

Point is, even if this were real, the letter is irrelevant.

If it is genuine, it means that someone had doubts right before they were arrested. Big deal. There are drug dealers in Miami that have doubts about their future vis-a-vis the war on drugs. Does this mean Uncle Sam is winning???

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Its $50 million now btw. And still no results!!

Id turn in my mom for $50 million, heck, $1 million!

lol, thats terrible man.

This story could be just made up for the media. The mental propanganda war for the american's war supporters.

So, if they did find a letter discussing this (low morale, etc) of the terrorists, how would you know it is not a "propanganda" story. How differ would they write a news story about this letter without it being called "propaganda" by you?

If a bad thing happens its not a propaganda story but if something positive happens it is? ha. Is that how it works?

[edit on 4-5-2005 by andpau66]

top topics

join