It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jews don't like Israel, why should anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Now, I am not well-versed on the subject of Jews, Israel, and Zionism, but I think that this recent protest was big. The funny thing is, any criticism of Israel gets you labelled as an anti-Semite; I guess these thousands of Jews who protested Israel are anti-Semitic too?
I'm not sure what's going on, but it looks real fishy when the group this country was supposedly created for don't like it or want it.

Here is a link to the article.

I guess this doesn't make other groups demonized for not liking the existence of Israel look so bad, huh? I guess these Jews missed that whole prophesy bit...
Really, though, does this not seem weird to anyone else besides me? I'm not Jewish or connected in any way, but this seems strange to me.

I don't like some of the dirty things Israel is involved in, though. Slapping a weaker neighbor around, bombing other countries with impunity, white slavery, etc.; gives us "non-chosen ones" a real example to follow.

Anyway, let's see some comments on Israel, Jews, Zionism, etc.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Some, but not all, orthodox jews oppose a secular jewish state because they believe that the messiah will establish the true jewish state when he arrives.

Personally, I think it is good to see jews opposing Israel just to show that Judaism is not a monolithic group and because of the prospect of an open dialogue about the policies of Israel.

As for everyone else jumping on the bash Israel bandwagon, I don't think that's such a good idea.

[edit on 05/5/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
In every large group or organization there are of course those who oppose the mainstream. Those jews have different religious convictions but they are a small minority even among the ultra-orthodox.
Diverse opinions (even extreme) among jews don't mean Israel shouldn't exist as a safe haven for jews, any more than a demonstration in the US against its policies or even existance mean the US must cease to be (as a democracy or at all).
Also anti-Semitism is not in saying Israel shoudn't exist but in the resoning. If it is to be argued in objective terms that may apply to everyone, then no racism is implied; however such an argument I am yet to hear.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They said it.

The article ITSELF states they were protesting the fact that the state of Israel doesn't represent all of the Jewish people and the recent "Zionism exhumation."

People get called anti-semites for criticisizing Israel because they are Jewish, not because they exhumed bodies to make way for a highway.

I don't like some of the dirty things Israel is involved in, though. Slapping a weaker neighbor around, bombing other countries with impunity, white slavery, etc.; gives us "non-chosen ones" a real example to follow.

Uncalled for, but what are you talking about?!

I'm not Jewish or connected in any way, but this seems strange to me.

That's apparent.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There are plenty of Jewish folks out there who oppose ZIONISM. Plenty of others who don't care for it, either. That is not the same thing as being anti-semetic, though.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Source
THE QUR'AN SAYS THAT ALLAH GAVE THE LAND OF ISRAEL TO THE JEWS AND WILL RESTORE THEM TO IT AT THE END OF DAYS:
THE QUR'AN SAYS:

"To Moses We [Allah] gave nine clear signs. Ask the Israelites how he [Moses] first appeared amongst them. Pharoah said to him: 'Moses, I can see that you are bewitched.' 'You know full well,' he [Moses] replied, 'that none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth has revealed these visible signs. Pharoah, you are doomed.'"

"Pharoah sought to scare them [the Israelites] out of the land [of Israel]: but We [Allah] drowned him [Pharoah] together with all who were with him. Then We [Allah] said to the Israelites: 'Dwell in this land [the Land of Israel]. When the promise of the hereafter [End of Days] comes to be fulfilled, We [Allah] shall assemble you [the Israelites] all together [in the Land of Israel]."

"We [Allah] have revealed the Qur'an with the truth, and with the truth it has come down. We have sent you [Muhammed] forth only to proclaim good news and to give warning."

[Qur'an, "Night Journey," chapter 17:100-104]

Edit:

People need to understand why a lot of people dislike the Zionist Movement; I myself am not a fan of Israel for a number of reasons. The first being the fact they get 12.5% of the Aid America gives out which later goes on buying weapons which only cause more problems and also what Theodor Herzl said: including siding with Nazi Germany even after the Final Solution happened. The Zionist Movement though is different to a Jewish State and this is what people need to understand.

I doubt anyone in the World (except extreme racists) would complain about a Jewish State as long as they did not inflict suffering and live by international law, like they should do. However Israel tends not to do this; they have broken several international laws - over and over; and do not care. This is where the problem is and why Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc, have problems with Israel.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I support the state of Israel (it's right to exist & defend itself). I always have. What I don't support are policies that are so right-wing they border on fascist - like BushCo.

new topics

top topics

join