It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calenders and Education

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So I've been reading up on the Mayan, Gregorian etc. calenders and thought to myself why don't we get taught this stuff at school???

If the Mayans really did work out the sun cycles, moon cycles, venus etc. etc. how come we don't use them surly it could help us??? I don't want to get mixed up in prophecies and all that stuff about 2012 etc. but rather just concentrate on why we don't teach these calenders in schools and about how our sun resinates different vibrations on different days.

I read that the gregorian calender is well out of sync with the Mayans and astrology in general. It just so happens the gregorian calender was created only 30 years after the birth of jesus. Anyone else see something else here???

Now I don't want to sound "nutty" here but what if (bear with me) all the stuff about jesus is just non-sense and was planned and created by "someone/thing" along with the gregorian calender the RCC and all the other BS to go with Christianity (no offense) to make what everyone has been talking about "New World Order" come around but there was a flaw and many moved away from Chritianity but the calenders became "Standard" even though they only work on the 360 day -5 "Bad days" now the New World Order (Christanity) started becoming less credible due to scientific study. I'm not calling the Christian faith the New World Order but rather just theorizing it.

Why don't we start using the Astrological calenders????

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
phew, where to begin....

1) what's wrong with our calendar ? leap year happens once every 4 years, big deal

2) Try getting the average HS kid to care about learning math or science ! Schools are cutting team sports and music, and you want to push the gregorian calendar ? not practical, thats all....and who is qualified to teach it ?

the RCC and NWO, i'll let someone else adress that....

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
phew, where to begin....

1) what's wrong with our calendar ? leap year happens once every 4 years, big deal

Our calender, ha. Its all BS its not our calender at all. The true calender is written in the stars only people have got too ignorant and stupid to realise.

2) Try getting the average HS kid to care about learning math or science ! Schools are cutting team sports and music, and you want to push the gregorian calendar ? not practical, thats all....and who is qualified to teach it ?

HS????

Its not our fault that the kids are getting bored at school, maybe if we taught them something they wanted to know rather than feeding them BS it would help things a little. Cutting team sports and music, seriously though if we showed them "Supersize me" then maybe they might think twice about junk food and then maybe they will exersize. As for Music, show me 1 teenager that doesn't like at least 1 type of music.

The schools are not cutting nothing its down to the government that won't cough up the cash for the schools but rather spend billions on defense and military and the pathetic War On Terror.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
our calendar is BS ? is monday really tuesday ? is december march ?

works for me......

my point was the education system (funded by state and local taxes not federal $) is cutting really important programs, and the gregorian calendar is not, and should not, be anything we are concerned with teaching in public school.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

our calendar is BS ? is monday really tuesday ? is december march ?

works for me......

my point was the education system (funded by state and local taxes not federal $) is cutting really important programs, and the gregorian calendar is not, and should not, be anything we are concerned with teaching in public school.

Well I did mislead a bit as with the learning of the Mayan calender it would also teach about the planets and the affect they have when in certain cycles. I'm not saying drop everything and start teaching about calenders there are obviously more important things to learn. Still though you would have thought the Mayan calender among others should be tought at school since the beginning as these other calenders have been around for thousands of years more than that of the gregorian.

And to quote about the students having less than a good attention span, pehaps it could be something to do with the food they eat????

funded by state and local taxes not federal $

Thats just plain wrong, your government spends billions on defense and military etc. etc. yet the young get punished because of the greedy businessman.

[edit on 3/5/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
Our calender, ha. Its all BS its not our calender at all. The true calender is written in the stars only people have got too ignorant and stupid to realise.

How is the current calendar "BS"? Other than the divisons of the day and the year, which matches what we know from astronomy already, the rest of the divisons of time are more or less arbitrary. Also, what do you mean by a "true calendar, written in the stars"? Have you been watching a lot of Star Trek lately? So, what's our current stardate?

I agree. It's not a conspiracy; learning about the different calendars that are and have been used around the world (Jewish, Muslim, Gregorian, Juilan, etc.) would just confuse the average high school student. It's best taught as a college class that can focus exclusively on the subject of calendars.

[edit on 5/3/2005 by ThunderCloud]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

How is the current calendar "BS"? Other than the divisons of the day and the year, which matches what we know from astronomy already, the rest of the divisons of time are more or less arbitrary. Also, what do you mean by a "true calendar, written in the stars"? Have you been watching a lot of Star Trek lately? So, what's our current stardate?

no I'm not a trekky. Ok the calender isn't BS it does help.

I ain't got a clue what our current Proper date is but I know its not the year 2005 thats for sure as the mayan count started nearly 3000 years before the gregorian would that not make it slightly worthy of being taught.

www.crystalinks.com...
Mayans track 20 different cycles (calendars) of varying durations, which have to do with plants, humans, prophecies, numerics, solar system, galaxy, universe and the divine to name a few. There are a total of 20 calendars. The 20 calendars can be used to understand our mission in this dimension.

One of the calendars is the sacred CHOLQIJ - HUMAN - calendar. Gerardo and Mercedes share the commitment to teach this Calendar now, during this critical time of change when Mother Earth is cleansing from the damage humanity has caused.

How can this calendar be of help to us now? This calendar represents 13 forces and 20 energies. Each day has a glyph (an energy) and a number (a force). The glyphs of the 20 days resonate with a particular animal or bird as well. Studying the energy in association with its force in sequence guides us to a deeper understanding of the different vibration of each day.

The human calendar has 260 day cycles. 13 X 20 = 260 days = 9 months = gestation period for a human being. No two days have the same force or energy. The calendar has a perfect count. It represents the energies governing the human body. It has been in existence for millions of years. It is actually used in glyph form and has been since the beginning of time. The Elders say that the first wise humans visualized cycles of life that repeat - some short and some extremely long.

The calendar can be used to plan certain activities. Certain days empower a certain energy and other diminish the energy. Some days are good for resting and so on.

We begin to enter into it. Holding awareness of it, we find which times are propitious to accomplish tasks at hand and which times we need to avoid traps and dangers. Holding consciousness of the energy of the day deepens our awareness of the Earth and brings us in contact with ourselves as beings in synchronicity with Earth's rhythms. We sense our place here and the place of other human beings, other animals and plants, the other living kingdoms with whom we share our planet. We naturally, then, become more aware of ourselves as caretakers of the Earth, in harmony with Her, compassionately envisioning not only what we need, but the balance of needs of all beings in this and future times.

According to Maya Cosmovision, as we become aware of the different vibrations of the Earth we will become connected with all Life. Through this connection, we have the potential to heal humanity and Mother Earth. The CHOLQIJ calendar is one of the precious tools we now have to change how we are dreaming the world and the future.

Examples of the calendar: 9/11/2001 (The terrorist attack on the World Trade Center) mapped to 6 IMOX which represents change in the physical world. US attacked Afganistan on 6 KIEJ meaning to 'settle' or 'balance'.

The Gregorian calendar is not in harmony with the forces of nature.

The original Egyptian calendar was. But the Egyptian calendar was later modified by the Greeks/Spartan (Basically the RCC) and then the Romans etc. 30 yrs after the birth of Christ, the calendar was off by 12 days. They had a council to bring it back(Julian). In 1582 it was again out of line and Pope Gregory brought in the best astronomers to align it once again. It still suffer changes. The Russian Orthodox did not accept this calendar until much later.

The Mayan calendar will need to be adjusted by one day in 380,000 years.

It was off by twelve days behind so the "Powers that be" knew what was coming and used this to their advantage, hence why we are not taught the other calenders. There is simply too much coincidence.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
"The Gregorian Calender is not in harmony with the forces of Nature."

This is becoming more evident as time passes. Furthermore, I think it is deliberate, a smokescreen put in place long ago to sow confusion.

Do not dismiss the importance of the calender followed by most of the world. It is fundamental to our perception of the passage of time, and to the timing of our activities. It is the yardstick of our existence.

One-track time is what it is. It fails to account for the double helix spiral that our passage through time really is. It misleads us into over-simplification (is that what reductionism is?), and clouds our judgment as we plod along its pre-determined path, stripped of the fundamental power of complete knowledge of place in time and space.

It becomes an individual responsibility for everyone to take the Gregorian Calender as only a starting placement, if you will, and flesh out their personal coordinates for themselves.

Hunting Veritas, I applaud you drawing attention to this intrinsic issue.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Icarus
This is becoming more evident as time passes. Furthermore, I think it is deliberate, a smokescreen put in place long ago to sow confusion.

I couldn't agree with you more, funny how the calender was "aligned" 30 years after the birth of christ What a coincidence??? It was also off by 12 days kinda funny don't you think.

I do think its the little things like this that is messing up the people, they need to know this sort of knowledge as it can help us in everyday life. The Mayans were probly 100% smarter than us, does this not show we have gone backwards in knowledge so don't you think we should be alot smarter by now or is someone/thing holding us back???

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't know, maybe the Mayans were a little too smart for their own good. Maybe knowing the time and space of their own demise was just too much for their civilization to take. Something got into them, or they discovered something, that they never got over. Next thing you know, their civilization falls apart, and they are giving each other alcohol enemas in a race to forget what they know. They just disappeared back into the jungle after that, no one really knows what happened to them.

I don't think we've necessarily gone backwards in knowledge, but sideways quite a bit.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I don't know, maybe the Mayans were a little too smart for their own good. Maybe knowing the time and space of their own demise was just too much for their civilization to take. Something got into them, or they discovered something, that they never got over. Next thing you know, their civilization falls apart, and they are giving each other alcohol enemas in a race to forget what they know. They just disappeared back into the jungle after that, no one really knows what happened to them.

I don't think we've necessarily gone backwards in knowledge, but sideways quite a bit.

I do not wish to contradict myself but could it possibly be to do witjh the whole 2012 thing??? Maybe they know something on this date and tried to runaway from it???

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't claim to have detailed knowledge of the Mayans. I stand by what I've said thus far. I encourage you to keep looking into it. Their demise could very well be linked to something they saw coming in the heavens, and calculated with their calenders. Knowing of an overwhelming, potentially catastrophic event or challenge in advance may be an unbearable burden for some, maybe even for whole civilizations.

That could explain the government's reluctance to share information on aliens and UFO's, and paranormal phenomena, and the like. They may be more worried about starting a panic than they are keeping the public informed. I think, if true, this is a mistake. Information and education and individual understanding is the key to our survival.

What happens in 2012, from what I know, is the end of the fifth long count of the Mayan calender. Basically, and you may already know this, each calender they created lasted for 5200 years or so. When one calender would end, the scholars would do the calculations to create another one. I don't know if there are enough scholars around these days learned in the Mayan ways to create another one now.

Many have predicted great upheaval for the end of the fifth long count. It falls on a nexxus of time that many angles of intrigue, for many different cultures and creeds, intersect as well. I find it interesting that five long counts equals twenty-six thousand years, and thats supposed to be the span between ice ages, which have been linked to polar shifts, which can cause great upheaval of the earth's crust. The magnetic pole is steadily migrating, you know.

Lots to ponder. My dad always said, expect the best, be prepared for the worst. Still good advice.

top topics

join