It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future human evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Below is a great link on the future evolution of the human race...

Human evolution at the crossroads

It gives some great versions of different scenerios for future human deveopement. The version that makes the most sense to me, is the blended monorace. It's becomeing more a more evident that a uniculture is approaching, especially in Europe. According to the article, humans currently speak over 6500 languages, but will most likely only be speaking about 600 after the next couple generations have passed.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by mpeake]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Very interesint site, especially this part, which explains possible future human paths.

Unihuman

Survivalisitian

Numan

Cyborg

Astran

I think humanity is progressing in the long term towards 'numans' and 'cyborgs' maybe a blend of the two, which I might say looks very interesing.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Very cool read.

The one thing that I get caught up in is that the human race is becoming more dependent on medical technology and less on natural selection. As our compassion for others provokes us to treat those more susceptible to genitic flaws/disease, these weaknesses aren't bred out. IMO, we will need things like genetic engineering more and more in the future to rectify our depature from natural selection.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
sorry but link not working for me

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
still works for me...try going to msnbc.com and find it there.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well in the Fantastic Four comic the futurst ( an evolved man from the future) is 8 feet tall with a large head immense intelligence and warped facial features.. but thats a comic book so its not entirly acurate.

chekout my post for the robotic theory. i would wright it down but its kinda long an im lazy

[edit on 3-5-2005 by samel_666]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by samel_666
chekout my post for the robotic theory. i would wright it down but its kinda long an im lazy

which is where may I ask?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
in the NWO section under robot nwo.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Link to Thread

Currently robots can give eachother information and walk. skills wich took humans millions of years to accomplish. Compter have over 50 times more information than a human brain. if in fact A.I. can be achieved ow long can we keep a sentient being whos intelligence surrpases our own be kept at bay. after all what did we do to the creatures that had les inteligence that us?

The human brain is far more complex than a computer by the way, and the chances of us building machines that could wipe us out wouldn't be that likely.
There would be fail-safes, weapons, maybe even a really big red off button

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Not neccesarly.

I disscused the brain thing.

Most scientists debunk the whole robot turning against it's master and taking over the world. ( it is far fetched but not impossible) So they wouldent bother with most fail safes. Those who are trying to program the AI are trying to learn. they wouldent refrain from making something immensly intelligent. And we do have weapons that can wipe us out. hundredy project. so the robots would be in control ofs. the goverment veiws future roboics as a military project robotic sooldiers meaning that they would have weapons.
The begining idea would be a mindless machine obeying all its orders but there are things A mindless machine can't do so they may give it independant knowlege.

If u want to disscus this more mabey we should use mythread.. its kindof off topic here.. but its also off topic in the nwo section so whatever.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by samel_666]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

We’ve already seen the future of enhanced humans, and his name is Barry Bonds.

Steroids help evolution.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
LOL
hey invader_chris
Were did u get the invader part of your... name.. from?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Here's another interesting article that goes into a future world without humans.

It's not that Peter Ward has a special fondness for rats. It's just that he sees them as survivors and, in the future world he posits, they might be the ultimate survivor — and evolver.

Sure, humans will still have their pets, but they probably will not thrive on their own and many will be genetically engineered. As for large mammals such as lions and tigers and bears, in Ward's world they will be driven to extinction by the loss of their habitats and global warming.

No, the real rulers will be rodents — and snakes. "The fossil record shows that they have the genetic capability of whipping out new species," says Ward, a biology professor at the University of Washington.

Oh yeah, cockroaches are also within the category he calls "champion speciators."

Ward is among the academics who focus on the future of evolution. Many agree that animal evolution will be shaped by urbanization, genetic engineering and climate change. But some disagree on whether humans themselves will continue as a species.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Snakes and rats, the ultimate survivors...makes sense. I watched the special, "The Future is Wild," and thought it was a bit out there, but quite entertaining to see what these people come up with.

top topics

join