It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why wont they believe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

quote:
Ask the logical question. Find the answer.
Ask the next logical question. Find the answer.

Continue this process until you are faced with the last logical question.
Every essence of your personality and identity stem from?
Your last opinion will precede the truth.

This is what we are trying to do, first establishing that something is going on (i.e. UFO phenomenon). Then determine that there is intelligence behind the phenomenon. Now we are trying to determine what is this intelligence's agenda. If you feel you have another hypothesis, please tell us.

Going to borrow Hal9000's answer here, as he's right on the money.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

why wont they believe?

One big contributing factor is religion. I was once on another forum where there was a true christian that came on and was bashing everyone's different beliefs, didnt believe in any government conspiracy, and gave himself the impression that life is fair.

Then on the issue of E.T., he thought that there was no such thing as E.T., not even the possibility of microorganisms on other planets, and that creationism ruled. His scientific reasoning behind that was becuase some physicist wrote a book about how it is impossible to have life somewhere else
I thought his first reason was justified becuase of his religion, but his second reason was just plain silly. So that goes to show you, if there is an announcement of E.T., there is a lot of desensitization to do before they spit it out. In addition, that also goes to show you that many people will believe any one just becuase they have a scientific degree, including their opinions.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe some people just deny aliens, becuase they haven't actually seen one. Unless an alien exposes itself to the public, many people will continue to oppose the idea.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Going to borrow Hal9000's answer here, as he's right on the money.

Thanks Gazrok, coming from you, it's flattering. But I think when it comes to Esoteric Teacher, I think your Yoda comment in the other thread was more on the mark.

As far as why people don't believe in UFO's, IMHO I think it just deviates too far from the norm for some. Most people who look into the subject come across the more bizarre claims and hoaxes that cannot be accounted for first, and write off the whole subject. But if you stick to solid sources and really investigate, you will do more than "believe", you will see the truth.

Also, I have to agree with Off The Streets, that on a public forum we have to be skeptics ourselves first. I'm not saying it's wrong to post things that can't be proven, but when posting people should make it clear (and most do) that what they say is their opinion and not fact.

I was surprised to find out a few of my friends say that they think something is going on, but don't take the time to look into it further. I think there are more "closet" believers than people think. They don’t look into it because they are busy and have enough things to worry about.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The real questions is why would those of us who are curious enough to seek, clever enough to realize, and brave enough to voice the only logical conclusion, anyone with the above qualities could ever come to, be worried about what others choose not to seek, not to realize?

--
"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
-- Albert Einstein

Those who seek realize the subjectmatter has nothing to do with belief, it has to do with fact. Move along on your journey, let the others watch you. Soon they too will follow....

--
"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
-- Albert Einstein

--
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."
-- Albert Einstein

Someone once said:" Never underestimate the power of denial ".

--
"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because it's opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familliar with it"
-- Max Planck
The Godfather of Quantum Physi

They are here, we have company...

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am with you on that one, my grandparents brought up in Ireland as stricked Roman Catrholics did not belive in anything butthe way they were brought up. They have no open mindedness at all very sad really

To be trapped and have your life dictated. They think hell is real, they think their son went to hell because he killed himself. I no different as a medium but try telling them that!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Rhomaine_bigga, so please enlighten and teach us what the whole truth really is since in your post you make the claim that you know and need to be teaching it to the younger generation. Also please do not quote things out of books you have read as i will bet any amount of money that the books you read are the "theories" and "opinions" of the authors, which does not constitute as any "proof" of anything.
Thing is you will not be able to tell anyone what the "whole truth" is as you have no proof to back it up and for what YOU may think the "truth" is I can then show you a ton of other people who all claim different "truths" then the one you will say is the "truth", yet none of them would be able to "prove" what they say is the truth either.
Thing is your grandmother can not prove that you are wrong and you can not prove that your grandmother is wrong, so how do you claim that you know the "truth" , let alone teach it to others?
are there things going on that we can not explain, yes there is, but none of us as any proof of anything when it comes to "aliens".
i have heard people say that the "grays" are good and then i have heard others say that the grays are evil and both of these sides have said that they have had direct contact with the grays. So are the grays evil or are they good? Seems to me that no one knows the "truth" when it comes to aliens, especially the "grays" who seem to be the most sighted aliens. Then there are those that say the grays are slaves to the reptilians and then there are those that say the grays and the reptilians are at war. Then there are those that say the reptilians are slaves to the Dracos.
So what is the "whole truth"? Please enlighten us all.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by GREGNOW]

[edit on 20-6-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Earth Angel and Sirus, so both of you claim to be in touch with other entities. So what exactly have they told you that their plan is? Why have they contacted you?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Seems to me that no one knows the "truth" when it comes to aliens, especially the "grays" who seem to be the most sighted aliens.

I have to disagree with that, some people do know the truth, or rather some truth, but the problem for the rest of us is believing them. If no one had ever hoaxed anything we would already be at an accepted set of facts but when you mix in intentional falsehoods it becomes next to impossible.

Looking over the whole of this thread I think all the basics have been covered: fear of the unknown, fear of change, religion, disinformation, and the simply mind-bending concept of life unlike what we have known.

Each person is unique so the balance of those factors is unique as well.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Alexander, what you have said does not disprove the point i am making. Even if someone does know the "truth" or some of the "truth" about "aliens", no one can claim it to DEFINATELY be the truth as there are to many people out there with to many different "truths".
Alexander, let's say you actually have an expirence with a "gray" and it shows you that it is good. I can read what you have said about your expirence about the grays being good, but i can not then go make the claim that i "know" the truth about the grays as there is then another person who will write that they were abducted and the grays seemed to be evil to them. Neither of you will have any proof other then you just saying what you are and both of you believe two different things.
Bottom line is that there are to many stories floating around about aliens that differ, so no one can claim that they "know" the truth.
If everyone was saying that the grays are good, then that would be different. Or if everyone said that the grays were bad that would be different. At least then there would be more validation of someone saying that they know the truth about aliens.
Who can say what is the truth and what is disinformation? No one can, not even those who have expirenced aliens as there are those saying they are bad and those saying they are good (talking about the grays). Also it does not matter if the gov't. or anyone else is purposefully putting out disinformation as none of us know what is true and what is not, so we can not claim to "know" what the truth is when it comes to aliens.
Then it could even be said that some of the grays are good and some of the grays are bad, who knows? If i was an alien looking at man i might be confused at first as i would see that some men appear to be bad and yet others appear to be good.
My main point is that to many people claim to "know" the truth, yet they can not make that claim based on that there is to many different and/or conflicting accounts of what is what.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Also, off the topic, a good book i read that covers a lot of things of intrest is "The Holographic Universe" by Micheal Talbot. Although you may want to skip the first 2 chapters as they deal with some detailed and often boring Quantum theories explained in real scientic language. however the rest of the book whould be an interesting read to anyone on ATS.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I understand your point, but I see it a little differently.

Nobody ever knows the 'whole truth' about anything, that would require infinite time to learn every possible aspect.

But you are still talking about 2 different things. You cannot know if someone else is telling the truth about what they experienced. But the person who experienced it has a 'truth' that is quite real.

The problem is that you seem to expect another Race to be uniform, either good or evil, that is the problem here. Is the human Race good or evil, how can one make that judgement?

So it seems to me you are looking for a 'truth' that does not exist.

To reach what you are looking for you would have to take all the real encounters and mix them together. If you are expecting to see either black or white at the end I think you are going to be disappointed.

Now we may meet a Race that is much more unified than humans, perhaps they lack the kind of indivduality that we take for granted. Those sorts of beings could be labeled with a blanket statement but if the Grey, or any other race, is at all like us then they are neither good nor evil.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Alex, i already made the point about a race being able to possibly be good and bad and i even used man as a clear example of that ( read my post above).
Also i did not make a post stating i myself was looking for the "truth" when it comes to aliens, i already know that i do not know the truth, that's my point.
The point i was making was directed to the 19 yr. old that says he "knows" the truth and that he and others should be teaching it to the "younger" generation, since his granmother would not listen to him. Perhaps one of the reasons "older" folks may not listen to him is that they have been around life long enough to make the point i am making.
The 19 yr. old can not teach the "truth" about aliens to anyone as he does not have any "proof" of what the truth on aliens is. No one seems to as there are to many differing stories out there. Until an alien race actually makes themselves known to the masses and actually does something to help or hurt mankind, then no one can say what the "truth" about aliens is. And even if they do help mankind at first, then it could be said it might be a ploy for us to gain their trust so they can overrun us (actually this has been said). So who can be bold enough to actually claim they know the whole "truth" about aliens? it can be taken as far as we don't even know if an alien race is lying to us for their own agendas.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
In the words of Socrates "I know nothing but the fact of my own ignorance".

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Sorry, you are right I did miss that part. Your posts are a little tough to read because of the lack of whitespace but that is no excuse.

I do get what you are saying and it is not so much that I disagree with you but rather that I think that if any human ever does come out with some solid proof they will be young. Either in years or perhaps just in spirit.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Its interesting what you said about ridicule. From what i have read on here, at times it would seem that even people who believe, are tempted to (if not ridicule), at least be VERY skeptical of those with tales to tell. I am not suggesting that we believe everything, but do you not agree that the ufology community needs to be more supportive themselves?

Unfortunately, many stories that gain the most publicity in the end, set UFOlogy back and increase the ridicule factor... Claimants like George Adamski, Billy Meier, or the recent Prophet of Yahweh cause us to be on our guard. As the skeptics say, "outrageous claims demand outrageous proof", so we are more guarded than supportive when a new one comes into the limelight.

Nowadays, with cell phones having video and photo capability, etc. I'd think that any claimant coming forward without even the most basic of photo proof is highly suspect. I have a suspiscion that such tech will eventually lead to disclosure, as eventually, there will be a lot of real evidence popping up... Seriously, if aliens take me in a ship, I'm coming back with pics folks....

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I believe because the universe is too big for just us and our craft and planes.
I'm sure I've seen a UFO too. It was a red orb and it slowely drifted higher in the air then shot off right then up. I thought it was a balloon and it was really high up but it just shot off right and then shot up in the air really fast.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hi all

I have been registered on ATS for a while now, but have only just started posting.

Am getting pretty annoyed with this Yahweh dude, he's just helping to obscure the truth.

I am a believer, but I have never seen a UFO myself. What I do know is that my dad is one of the most serious, honest people I have ever known.

Back when I was young, he was walking the dog round an industrial estate near our old house and he witnessed a craft hovering above him - he says it was pretty damn close to him, too.

He has never gone into much detail about the matter - I'll have to quiz him further, but what he did say was that "it wasn't a UFO", because he could identify it - it was a flying saucer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join