It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Eye Scientifically Proven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
A group of high school students backed by a prominent research organisation in Turkey have conducted a scientific test that proved the existence of evil eye (nazar). Nazar is a widespread belief in Turkish society which states that people with green and blue eyes have the capability of affecting their environment simply by using their eyes. In the test, two groups of students, one composed of green and blue eyed kids and other composed of kids with other eye colors were asked to simply look at some violet flowers for a period of time at the end of which different "organic deformations" have been observed on the flowers of the two groups clearly indicating a correlation with the eye color of the observer. The complete story is available in Turkish here.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
PS. There was also a third group of students whose eyes were simply bound and "no organic deformations" have been observed in the flowers of this group.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this info!

This sounds really interesting, and I'd like to read more about it.

Can you find a source for this in the English language?

Thanks!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well, this is pretty out there, heheh. I have to wonder how scientific this study was, though. And is there an English translation on this story?

I don't know... sounds very iffy, but I'd like to read more.

Oh, well... I have blue/green eyes, so I've nothing to worry about.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
do you mean one green eye and one blue eye? or both people with two blue eyes or two green eyes?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
So your saying I can control my environment just by looking at it?
My eyes are sort of greenish blue and the inside is yellow. Could I control things more or something? Hehe the raw power I shall have
You will all bow to me

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So are we ever gonna find out what that article sais in english? I want to learn how to control my environment so I can make a blizard this saturday so I dont have to take the S.A.T.s

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Cool! I have light green eyes. Does that mean I have special powers and finally get that green thumb I've always lacked?

Btw, William Cooper wrote in Behold a Pale Horse. That people with green eyes have different DNA and one day would the DNA would be activated and they would become teachers against the Illuminati LOL.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
in my culture we pronounce it Najar and it's not related to only blue or green eyed people. Anyone gave give anyone else the evil eye, I like to think of it as a look of jealousy and envy. Hindu put little black dots (tikkas) on babies forehead or behind their ears to ward of the evil eye. I have also heard that Indian women where kajol (heavy eyeliner) to ward off evil eye too. Usually an exceptionally beautiful woman will put a birthmark/dot/mole on some part of her face to detract from her beauty.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In Hawaii they call "evil eye" "stink eye". Just means a dirty look. But I see where you are going with the intentions of the dirty look and not color of the eye.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So......if I have a natural "beauty spot" on my forehead or face, does that mean I'm protected from the "evil eye"?

Just curious

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
faeryland... to answer your question.. Yes

but in my culture, they would still tag you with a dot regardless
(double protection)

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
in my culture we pronounce it Najar and it's not related to only blue or green eyed people. Anyone gave give anyone else the evil eye, I like to think of it as a look of jealousy and envy.

So any1 can have it? Not just greenish bluish eyed guys like me? :/ How about the yellow in my eye doesnt that count for anything?
Can they supposedly control the weather like in the article? (which no one can read)

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
being that none of us can read the article, it's hard to agree or disagree with anything they say.

As far as I know, eye color doesn't matter at all, it's what is in the heart and the intent of the person looking at you, or how you look at a person that constitutes evil eye.

I don't know to spell these words in english, so i'll type them the way they are pronounced. This type of ritual/superstition is so common among Indians that most likely every one of them has had some sort of thing done of behalf of preventing or getting rid of the evil eye.

It's also common in my culture, that after a child goes out, or is around alot of people, parties, etc, (strangers, distant relatives, etc) we would "ouchay" them to get rid of any successful evil eye or bad eye made against them. "Ouchay" is a term we use to describe a ritual in which we do "aarti" (move your arms in clockwise motion over a child/person) while holding a concoction of onion skin, garlic skin, salt and pepper, wrapped into a bundle in a piece of newspaper, while saying a specific mantra. After the mantra is said, we then burn the paper....sometimes it doesn't smell or smoke too much, then it said the bad eye wasn't strong, but the more it stinks and smokes, the stronger the bad eye is said to be.

While Islam is usually against mysticism, some muslim mejhis practice a form of this, by chanting certain prayers and blowing over the person at specific intervals.

When we don't have the necessary stuff to perform the "ouchay", my granny also uses the blowing method with our hindu mantras to get the same effect. It's like blowing away the bad eye.

personally I have been affected by bad eye, as has almost everyone I know in my circle. I have seen dramatic differences in the way a child behaves and act before and after the ritual. I can also attest to feeling much better after having my granny ouchay me.

new topics

top topics

join