It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shuttle Commander Not A Risk Taker........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I just read a story on CNN that states the next shuttle commander is a bit afraid of roller coasters and water slides. And yet this woman is willing to strap herself to tons of explosive fuel that gets loaded onto a ship that is still in a beta version. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!! The world needs more people like Eileen Collins. www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just a link for more info on this star struck lady. www.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just goes to show that community college doesn't necessarily mean poor or trashy.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I saw her on TV and those stories do not portray the same message she did 'person to person.'

She claimed to be a mathematician and calculated the risks. She appeared very cool (cold?) and calculating.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
I saw her on TV and those stories do not portray the same message she did 'person to person.'

She claimed to be a mathematician and calculated the risks. She appeared very cool (cold?) and calculating.

Cold? No....... I think it takes a certain amount of drive to reach a point in your life that you are in a position to command a space shuttle. But I don't see her as "cold". Cool, yes........ She comes across as a VERY professional person that knows her job (and knows that she's good at it). I wish her all the best in what must be a very difficult mission. How many here would strap in and ride this puppy into orbit after what happened the last time??? (I think I would if she gave the go) Warp speed Scotty............ quest.arc.nasa.gov...

E_T

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
And yet this woman is willing to strap herself to tons of explosive fuel that gets loaded onto a ship that is still in a beta version.
I think movie Armageddon put it best with "thing that has 270 000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder".

new topics

top topics

join