It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler and secret societies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Victor Neuberg was an English writer, poet, a friend of Crowleys, and a member of the Theosophical Society. Google his name and you'll find some standard biographies.

He once wrote an account of an evening he spent with Crowley and Aldous Huxley in his Berlin apartment in 1938, where they discussed various subjects and did mescalin. I first read it reprinted in Rapid Eye Vol.1 (a compilation of articles from the UK magazine of the same name.)

Here's an excerpt:

"You know Hitler has taken the stuff [mescalin]," Crowley observed. "I heard it from a reliable friend in the OTO."

"OTO?" inquired Huxley.

"The Ordo Templi Orientis. My local branch, you might say. And their connections with the Nazis are nobody's business. They almost founded the party, or at least subverted it. Do you know that two of their chief men personally trained Adolf Hitler? Before, he was a stuttering Austrian oaf, a shoddy Bohemian and a pervert to boot. They taught him oratory, rhetoric and, under the influence of this drug that will shortly, my dear Aldous, set your eyes on fire, gave him his daemon."

"Then" Huxley said "all the disparate romanticism that, in its waning, found expression in the irratrional, in secret cults, has made its kingdom here. Fascism, is, after all, the triumph of decadence, the final madness of Bohemia."

"So that carnage of Ahriman may be complete, precisely," Crowley replied.

Cug

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The main problem with that is Victor Neuberg (Who was more than Crowley's "friend") had nothing to do with Crowley after 1914 (when Crowley left for the states) and viceversa. So there is just no way they met at Neuberg's apt in Berlin in 1938, or of Neuberg even being there at all.

Aldous Huxley was in Berlin at the same time as Crowley (He was traveling with John Sullivan who knew Crowley) According to Crowley's diaries this happened on Saturday October 4th 1930, not in 1938. But the odds are he did introduce Huxley to mescaline as it was Crowley's favorite at the time. (Huxley left Germany by lat Oct '30)

This story is nothing more then the typical sensationalist story that follows Crowley around. Toss some facts in a blender along with the common fictions and publish what comes out. To get the date wrong I'd accept that as a common mistake, but to add a person from another time in his life is total fabrication.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Artifacts Hitler was Looking for:
The Spear of Destiny
The Holy Grail
The True Cross

Hitler and the Nazis - an Occult Order using Ancient Esoteric Knowledge and Practices....
The Unknown Hitler: Nazi Roots in the Occult
Nazism and The New Age, Hitler and the Occult
en.wikipedia.org...

One thing I have always wondered: Why was Hitler killing off so many Mason's when he was funded by them? Could this have been a way of destroying one of the two different styles of FreeMason that exists? As in part of an internal war while a much larger war was going on?

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join