It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone gets the finger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

WILMINGTON, N.C. - A man who ordered a pint of frozen chocolate custard in a dessert shop got a nasty surprise inside — a piece of severed finger lost by an employee in an accident.

Unlike a recent incident at a Wendy’s restaurant in California, no questions of truth have been raised about the finger served up to go at Kohl’s Frozen Custard and found later at home by Clarence Stowers.

Officials from the state departments of agriculture and labor went to the shop Monday, and the owner confirmed one of his employees lost part of a finger in an accident with a food-processing machine. It was not immediately clear how the severed finger got into the custard.

Whats up with this now?

I think before long it wont be just a finger, it will be a whole hand or a foot or something.... Consumer beware

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The first one was fake, now we have all these other people finding bodyparts in their food. Quite frankly, it sounds like some folks figured out how to make their fortune.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They need to come up with something new. This is getting old and stale, dont you think?
If i were to engineer a plan to get money, it certainly wouldnt be a body part OR the image of Jesus on my pancakes

There must be something more original and beleivable.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I kind of skeptical now, who knows maybe the costumer and the employee plotted the whole thing to make money at the expenses of one losing a finger.

I will not be surprised if later on comes out as a hoax.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

the owner confirmed one of his employees lost part of a finger in an accident with a food-processing machine.

Um, why the heck didn't they stop everything at that point until they actually found the finger?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

the owner confirmed one of his employees lost part of a finger in an accident with a food-processing machine.

Um, why the heck didn't they stop everything at that point until they actually found the finger?

because it was only one of course.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Seriously, when I was working as GM for a fast food joint, someone did lose a finger on a slicer. Everything stopped, and we closed shop. Cleaned the krump out of everything, then we hit everything with bleach until it dried. After that, we opened the doors again. As to the finger, them slicers are sharp, and they didn't have much of a problem reattaching it.

Less seriously, why doesn't someone just follow a cop around, day in and day out, almost slapping them, but not actually doing it. The whole while, have a friend videotaping it. Obviously. Then, after several days when the cop finally loses it and owns your arse with his billyclub, you have it all on film and can sue the city, the police department, and the officer! You're set for life!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

ANSWER: timeclocks man....simple hours on the punchcard.
Cleaning up blood takes time sheesh.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Here's a little story, truly, buyer beware.

My friend was working 12 hour days, 14 days on, 3 days off, at TGIFriday's restaurant.
In his over worked state, while cutting some salad items, he lopped a chunk of thumb off into the veggies, wrapped his gushing finger into a towel, looked for the bit of missing flesh, couldn't find it and went back to cutting his veggies.

It took three years for his finger to heal back to a sort of normal state, but he lost all sensation in that part of his thumb, guess he took the nerves right off, or the callous/scar tissue is too thick.

Soylent green is people

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Saw this on fox just a sec ago, couldnt find the vid there or on cnn, they prolly got it but meh, i found it here though

Go here for vid

www.thewbalchannel.com...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have a friend who worked with someone who lost a finger in a slicer while cutting up tomatoes. The worst part about it was that this lady was a district manager or something, and not only did they NOT close the resteraunt, one of the managers actually had to stop one of the employees from using that batch of tomatoes on the line

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Not nearly as gross as finding any body parts in fast foods, but I once found a piece of 'buckshot' in my cheeseburger at some fast-food joint.
My question is... just what kind of cow do you bring down with buckshot?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A very small one?

top topics

join