It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbols on U.S. Currency...more than just coincidence?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sebatwerk:

Then we are a nation with a marked heirarchical structure, ascending to the top. That doesn't sit well.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Kawasaki
Sebatwerk:

Then we are a nation with a marked heirarchical structure, ascending to the top. That doesn't sit well.

Really Guy, come on, every government is a hierarchy. Every buisness is a hirearchy. There is no way to govern without a hierarchical strutcure.

It is no big deal. Even if the pyramid were a masonic symbol (Which I'm strongly doubting it is). The only thing it might represent is their idea of a perfectly balanced government. It was demonstrated with the builiding of the great pyramids. Contrary to most popular belief, the pyramids were not built by slaves. The workers lived in barracks, they were fed, and clothed by the government. Limited healthcare procedures were available for example, some types of holistic healing. It is demonstrated in the building of Solomon's temple as well. This is a belief shared by many non masons too, it is a governmental philosophy, that extends far beyond the realms of masonry.

Simply put, it is the "art" of governance. Like DaVinci's paintings, governance is an art, and the structures of the ancient governments stand as a symbol of a well balanced government. If you feed the people, and give them clothes, and prosperity (bringing balance to thier lives), they will treat you as a god, simple as that.

So there you have it, governance with a whip, or governing with balance; equally effective, but the balanced government has a drive to achieve common goals.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Sebatwerk:

Look Guy, you can interpret the symbols however you want, it just shows us how out of touch with the obvious you really are. How you are interprpeting the symbols on the dollar bill is not how they were intended to be interpreted, so that's your problem I suppose. I'm not going to keep shining the flashlight for someone who does not want to see.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Guy,

What we are trying to say, is it can mean anything you want it to. There just might not be much evidence on your side to support that claim.

I do it on tests all the time, and sometimes it is very damaging to my grade. I am talking about overthinking, and overanalyzing. Sometimes it can lead to brilliant ideas, other times it makes you look right past the correct answer and go too far, and by the time you are all done you will have misunderstood the most literal meaning of the symbol.

Also, these symbols are left to interpretation by many, so how could there be just one meaning. It may contain multiple meanings. You ask many questions, which is good, but you should also put some of your thoughts into the post, it would be interesting to see how you came to this conclusion. And it would add another viewpoint to the situation. Do not feel afraid to post what you want to say, or the point you want to make.

www.enchantedlearning.com...
www.answers.com...

The eye and the pyramid shown on the reverse side of the one-dollar bill are in the Great Seal of the United States. The Great Seal was first used on the reverse of the one-dollar Federal Reserve note in 1935. The Department of State is the official keeper of the Seal. They believe that the most accurate explanation of a pyramid on the Great Seal is that it symbolizes strength and durability. The unfinished pyramid means that the United States will always grow, improve and build. In addition, the "All-Seeing Eye" located above the pyramid suggests the importance of divine guidance in favor of the American cause.

The inscription ANNUIT COEPTIS translates as "He (God) has favored our undertakings," and refers to the many instances of Divine Providence during our Government's formation. In addition, the inscription NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM translates as "A new order of the ages," and signifies a new American era. If you are interested in a more detailed history of the Great Seal of the United States, you should contact the Department of State directly.

www.centercoin.com...

www.hersheytrust.com/uploaded_files/fepnJan2002.pdf

THE MOST IMPORTANT LINK:
web.mit.edu...

In, at times, a strongly worded article Dr. S. Morris, a member and Past Master of Patmos Lodge #70, Ellicott City, Maryland, has "set the record straight" on the myth that the Great Seal of the United States represents a Masonic symbol. The facts are clearly presented, together with several examples of the use of the "All Seeing Eye" prior to any known Masonic use. This straightforward article is being presented as a STB so that Freemasons may have an answer when the question is asked "Is the Seal of the United States a Masonic symbol?"

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Eyeofhorus:

Hello:

While I agree to a point, Art and Symbolism (necessarily contained in the latter) has both subjective and objective modalities. In this way, we must keep in mind that often there is 1 lone interpretation regarding such things (poems, movies, books and symbols), unless the craftsmen meant their piece to be Protagorisian - purely subjective for each viewer.

As such, the craftsman in the latter case might release a logo for a major company that may or may not mean something to him and his colleagues, but not really care to think how it fits in with the atomosphere in which it is perched. Further, their interpretation could be completely subjective and invented without regard for how others feel. This is the beginning of the problem when art critics insist on arguing over a peice.

In the opposite case, as in the peace symbol via Bertrand Russell, we have a symbol with blatant universal meaning, and meaning Russell intended people to derive from it.

I strongly feel that a symbol on an American dollar bill is not Protagorisian and has universal purpose, like Russell's peace symbol. To interpret it subjectively could cause one to folly.

What I personally see in a Protagorisian sense, is that the pyramid and all seeing eye is Platonic and mimics Plato's whole Philosophy. The Pyramid represents the hierarchy of life, largely determined by genetics (one part luck). The craftsmen at the bottom, the soldiers in the middle and the rulers at the top. The breaking point is the realm of the Gods, off of the Planet into the land of the Gods. The all seeing eye is this dwelling place - the Gods. Some rulers, who devote their life to moral right and Philosophy get to ascend and live with the Gods for long periods of time. That area of life is non-physical.

Course I have no idea whether that is objectively true or not. And because our Government lie and lie and lie and lie, I refuse to accept what the treasury board exclaims the symbol to mean. I do consider it, though.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Guy Kawasaki]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Very interesting, and while I totally agree with you on some of your points, I must insist that when looking for meaning in a piece (wether it be art, books, movies, and plays) To uncover the "true" meaning we must first uncover the author's intent. I really like the example of the peace sign that you used, it had one author, and thus it had one meaning to him. His intent was to create a symbol that would represent the desire for peace.

For instance, our constitution:

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..."

When you look at the intent of the authors, it may mean something more along the lines of:

We hold these truths to be self evident that all (white, anglo-saxon, protestant, chritian, etc.) men are created equal.

After intent is considered, then we can look deeper into the peice and reveal morals, lessons, ideas, and symbols.

The problem with this piece is that, there were multiple authors, who had diffrent visions of the seal of the United States. Multiple intent, multiple meanings? The one thing I do know is that these men may have had other intentions as well, that are hidden in the bill. They were all inspired by the founding of this once great nation of america. These men were true americans, who would never fall for the lies that we are spoon fed every day. Men who know the meaning of patriotism, liberty, and freedom.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
For instance, our constitution:
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..."
When you look at the intent of the authors, it may mean something more along the lines of:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all (white, anglo-saxon, protestant, chritian, etc.) men are created equal.

While I concur that they did likely mean "white" (remember they were living in a different time period...I'm not saying it was right by any stretch of the imagination, but try not to judge people of that time period by today's standards...it won't work.

HOWEVER, I doubt they meant "Protestant Christian" because a good number of them were in fact Deists.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

While I concur that they did likely mean "white" (remember they were living in a different time period...I'm not saying it was right by any stretch of the imagination, but try not to judge people of that time period by today's standards...it won't work.

HOWEVER, I doubt they meant "Protestant Christian" because a good number of them were in fact Deists.

I'll give you that, nonetheless, it technically had a diffrent, more hidden meaning that was the author's time period, culture and attitude.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Try not to judge people... Hmmmm, try not to take what people say at face value, is that what was meant?

As a child, all men are created equal, had only one meaning. It meant every human everywhere is equal.

It did not ever change, no matter how much society told me we don't live in that 'day and age', where every human is created equal, and you become evil, not born that way.

So if they had a hidden meaning when they said it, why is it so bad to try decode what they REALLY meant, cuz it surely wasn't what they said!!!

[edit on 11-5-2005 by akilles]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I translated this from another site. I think i haven't red this explanation before. For all those who understans Serbian here a link

Cheers

NWO is a term used by iluminated freemasonry, to describe the coming new world goverment (since Weishaupt's time). One of the secred simbols of illuminated masons that communicate this idea of NWO was put on One Dollar Bill when FDR was president. He himself wan 33 degree mason and close cooworker of CFR. This simbol consists of unfinished piramid and allseying eye of Osiris above it. Belove the piramid is a writting NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM what translated from Latin means New order for the Ages and can be understood as a NWO. This simbol is also on the Seal of the president of the USA. since 1782. I times vhen the Seal was constructed the NWO was still in it's begining and far from completion.

This is simbolicaly represented with the top of the piramid separated from the rest. But when the NWO will be completed and the World goverment established, the top will merge with the rest of the piramid wich will be the simbol for "mission acomplished"

Hierarchy of masonry and occult societies which is represented by many levels or degrees of piramid will also be establish and Lucifer will take his place at the top of it.

There is a colorfull story about this piramid from John Tod former member of Council of 13.

... this seal was created by order of Rotschild family from London and it was brought to USA by Benjamin Franklin and Alexander Hamilton. This family is the head of this organization which i was invited in in Colorado... in this org. are many occult brutherhoods of any kind. It's Luciferian organization... Rothschild Tribunal. They worship this family like they are gods in human form. Their word ILLUMINATI is taken like a supreme Law... It is believed amogst us that Rotschild family is in direct contact with the devil and they talk to him on regular basis. I was personaly in their masion and personaly experienced that and i know this is the truth.

Goverment of the idealistic dreamers elite which wants to make humankind "happy" by any means necessary is superbly representes on One Dollar Bill. On this bill is a 13 row piramid which represents mases (mater without shape and form that has to be tranformed through alchemycal proces in "Gold")

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
uhhhhhh?

Actually I think there are a few links on this thread already that contain information about the history of the seal. There were multiple commitees formed to determine what the seal would look like.

Unfortuantely I cannot read serbian, so your link didn't help me out too much, when trying to understand your overall theory.

Just gonna warn you, you might get some blowback for that "lucifer" claim, and the whole freemasonry thing. If you want to find out more about the connections of masonry to lucifer (there really aren't any) check this out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I believe that the illuminati structure, if one even exists, is far more complicated, and far above the level of secrecy of the masonic brotherhood. When it comes down to it they are really the least of our problems. The bavarian illuminati, the builderbergs, and skull and bones, are more likely to be in a position to control the NWO.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
NWO is a term used by iluminated freemasonry, to describe the coming new world goverment (since Weishaupt's time). One of the secred simbols of illuminated masons that communicate this idea of NWO was put on One Dollar Bill when FDR was president. He himself wan 33 degree mason and close cooworker of CFR. This simbol consists of unfinished piramid and allseying eye of Osiris above it. Belove the piramid is a writting NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM what translated from Latin means New order for the Ages and can be understood as a NWO. This simbol is also on the Seal of the president of the USA. since 1782. I times vhen the Seal was constructed the NWO was still in it's begining and far from completion.

What kind of nonsense are you spouting off now? It's a term used by "Illuminated Freemasons"??? What the hell is an illuminated mason? Never heard of it. And FDR was not a 33rd degree mason. I dont think he was even a mason at all.

You can keep grasping at straws and trying to make something out of nothing, but you're wasting youre time. Nothing you said above has ANY merit among serious individuals.

This is simbolicaly represented with the top of the piramid separated from the rest. But when the NWO will be completed and the World goverment established, the top will merge with the rest of the piramid wich will be the simbol for "mission acomplished"

You're making this stuff up, arent you!??!?

Hierarchy of masonry and occult societies which is represented by many levels or degrees of piramid will also be establish and Lucifer will take his place at the top of it.

Funny, cuz the degrees of masonry are NOT represented as a pyramid. They never have been. They can actually be represented as a CUBE though, height = craft degrees, width = appendannt degrees, and length = concordant bodies such as the Shriners. But nice try

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
People, I learnt it was an all-seeing eye of Horus, all right.

Wha't kinda scary, same symbol is on the National ID that's coming up. That's a bit too heavy on my nerves.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
People, I learnt it was an all-seeing eye of Horus, all right.

Wha't kinda scary, same symbol is on the National ID that's coming up. That's a bit too heavy on my nerves.

What makes you think its the all-seeing-eye of "horus"?!? Can't it just represent God? And WHO CARES if it IS horus? I fail to see the big deal in all of this.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You people don't get it, do you?

For there to be a New World Order, we have to come to accept it!

We ALL have to be a part of it, for it to succeed.

So in this definition, how could the Freemasons POSSIBLY be excluded from the New World Order?

They are making people come to terms with the fact that "Humans just can't get along." We can't trust each other if we aren't working for the same 'boss', so to speak...

Well, thats where the convincing comes in, doesn't it. Because half of us are sold on it already, and the other half hardly knows what they are up against.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for guidance and your replies on my post. Maybe my translation wasn't so good. Somethimes I got very frustrated because of this language border. I can't express my self corectly because English is not my first language.

"Maybe you are weak and I am a tirany of evil man. But Ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the sheeperd"

Cheers

[edit on 12-5-2005 by yanchek]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sebatwerk:

You are very jumpy. You should come down to Florida Jacks Boxing club in Toronto for a few rounds: I predict you would be an Oscar Delahoya in there - The Golden Boy who knocked out Vargus.

Back on track. You say "What is the big deal..." That is a simplification in league with what a philistine would spout. You are pushing not only yourself but others to believe what you do. The one factor in my thinking that it is not what the treasury board says, in addition to previous said comments, is that the all seeing eye has penetrated major companies. Taco Bell, HBO, CBS, Sony Ericsson, AOL... Although the possibility exists that it is pure Aristotelean coincidence that they are all using the Pyramid and/or All Seeing Eye, the other possibility exists, which is more likely that they are connected.

Whatever the case, I stand fast saying that that symbol simply does not fit on American currency. And yes, I have stated an analogy to Canadian money and how it is representative of the people. Why isn't America's the same? That begs the question, "Does money have to be representative of the people?" Well, yes, since in North America it is supposed to be a Government by the people for the people, since we pay their way. If one disagrees and thinks it does not have to be so, then, for instance, what people does/should it represent?

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Guy Kawasaki]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You are very jumpy. You should come down to Florida Jacks Boxing club in Toronto for a few rounds: I predict you would be an Oscar Delahoya in there - The Golden Boy who knocked out Vargus.

I'm actually quite laid back in person, except that I don't deal very well with outrage. Whenever something outrages me, such as stupidity, ignorance, or money-grubbing women, I don't handle it well.

Back on track. You say "What is the big deal..." That is a simplification in league with what a philistine would spout. You are pushing not only yourself but others to believe what you do. The one factor in my thinking that it is not what the treasury board says, in addition to previous said comments, is that the all seeing eye has penetrated major companies. Taco Bell, HBO, CBS, Sony Ericsson, AOL... Although the possibility exists that it is pure Aristotelean coincidence that they are all using the Pyramid and/or All Seeing Eye, the other possibility exists, which is more likely that they are connected.

I say "what's the big deal", simply because NOBODY has been able to show that, EVEN IF these symbols had another meaning, they mean that something nefarious is occurring.

As far as the companies with supposed "eyes" in their logos.. again, you guys are grasping at straws. It is always possible to make things out of shapes and such that weren't intended. Like I've said before, it's like looking at the clouds and seeing familiar objects in them.

Whatever the case, I stand fast saying that that symbol simply does not fit on American currency.

My opinion is that most people would disagree. Considering most people here are Christian, the symbol of God's ever-watchful eye presiding over our civilization is a powerful one that many of our nation's founders identified with.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
"Grasping at straws." You have exhausted that and it is meaningless in terms of refuting our comments. Your stand on the eye in logos is flawed. And no, it is rather than just the eye, an Egyptian Pyramid.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Guy Kawasaki]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
You people don't get it, do you?

For there to be a New World Order, we have to come to accept it!

We ALL have to be a part of it, for it to succeed.

So in this definition, how could the Freemasons POSSIBLY be excluded from the New World Order?

They are making people come to terms with the fact that "Humans just can't get along." We can't trust each other if we aren't working for the same 'boss', so to speak...

Well, thats where the convincing comes in, doesn't it. Because half of us are sold on it already, and the other half hardly knows what they are up against.

Well said Akilles, I totally agree. When the NWO is upon us, most will go by thier own will, decieved and led like sheep.

originally posted by Guy Kawasaki
"Grasping at straws." You have exhausted that and it is meaningless in terms of refuting our comments. Your stand on the eye in logos is flawed. And no, it is rather than just the eye, an Egyptian Pyramid.

Good point, it is a logical fallacy to say that the symbol on the bill has no meaning. Obviouly it does. However, determining the source of inspiration is the difficult part.

As far as I see it, it either hides some meaning, or it is abstract art. The American Dollar is no place for abstract art. Therfore it must be symbolic. And we must consider author's inspiration. Was this person, or were these people; inspired by America, or secret intentions of a secret society toward NWO? Does the bill symbolize something else, something ominous, something positive? Does new money hide symbolism? This should focus the discussion a little bit.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join