It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Rich

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I'm flying out to Area 51 in June to meet him. I don't believe Ben Rich was speaking for just Skunk Works when he said that. I believe he was talking about the whole black ops world in general in what we can do. Think about it..... with billions of dollars you can do almost anything with the right brain power behind that money.

I Agree fully! Ben Rich was talking about the Black Project community as a whole. Think about it, how many scientist and engineers do you think are working at secret facilities like Groom Lake, the Tonapa Range , or Los Alamos. The truth is that while we speculate about what's happening, we don't know for sure. Also it's not just contrctors that do this research. Government Scientists working for groups like DARPA, NASA, The Air Force & other government entities are also involved in the R&D efforts. This is MUCH,MUCH BIGGER than any single company or government entity!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 4-5-2005 by ghost]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yes, what I meant was I'm flying out to Vegas, then I'm going to go camp out near the Area 51 base where those warning signs are posted.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by meshuggah1324

The Black Project and NASA: Precognition and the Empirical Dream NASA is a poem that I wrote about a dream that I had before the February 1, 2003 Columbia tragedy. It is a dream of the nonordinary, experiential access to a precognitive event contained within the dimensions of the human psyche. It is also a dream containing an archetypal image of a looming UFO, an extraordinary telescopic view of the NASA space shuttle in orbit, a huge permeable cargo net, and a deep sense of the profound.

Precognition and the Empirical Dream NASA: In light of day I saw the tragic NASA space shuttle array! array! But on the previous night all cargo and I would be carried away! away! And even now within much dismay I have finally and ever more to say... NASA the T.(tragic)D.(disaster)(T.o. Denver terrestrial officer Denver) space shuttle concept flight is thrown away!

Off world cargo, nonterrestrial officers, and a terrestrial officer waiting to fill his position. This then is the black project the making of a terrestrial officer. This can be evidenced as a lifelessness in his eyes! Thus the UFO feeds him life energy! If you would like to respond my email is [email protected]

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

All I know is the SR71 Blackbird developed sometime in the 70's was a pretty advance aircraft that nobody knew anything about. I was in the Army and I can tell you if they tell you not to talk about something, you don't talk about it. When they do have secret projects like these they use career personnal and have a lot to lose by breaking their oathes. Retiring at half pay can also be a big incentive for those who make careers in the military.

It's too bad there's no audio or video confirmation of Rich's statements. But it seems if anyone knew what was behind the curtain it certainly would be him.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
That's the thing, you really don't know what we do and don't have do you? You've just guessing. So who knows? I believe what the head of Skunk Works says. He's "THE MAN" so to speak when it comes to knowing about that crazy sh*t.

First and formost, he was also the head of a profit making company in competition with other profit making companies. Sometimes it pays to frighten your competition by saying stuff like 'We have capability X operational in secret' when capability X is years ahead of what your competitors have, so they rush to spend money to get to the same level. Congratulations, you have just made your competition spend unneeded money and lower their profits, and thus lower the money they can spend on something else.

The only problem with your argument is supposedly when Rich made that statement is was either retiring or already retired. He would have no incentive to lie. Also remember that sometimes when you carry a secret around for long time that might benefit others you may have the urge to talk about such things before you leave this world. This is just my opinion.
[edit on 3/5/2005 by RichardPrice]

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You should really learn to use the search function. If you did, you would see that this same thing is posted every 4-6 weeks and the end result is that no one could actually prove he said it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354
reply to post by Frith

All I know is the SR71 Blackbird developed sometime in the 70's was a pretty advance aircraft that nobody knew anything about.

Except that the SR-71 was developed in the 1960s, from the 1950s A-12, and was publicly announced as a mach 3+ interceptor and recon aircraft a full two years before it entered service.

From from "nobody new anything about" it, quite a bit was known.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354

The only problem with your argument is supposedly when Rich made that statement is was either retiring or already retired. He would have no incentive to lie.

Thats not a problem with my argument at all - do you really think that a retired executive has no link to the company that they left? None at all? No outstanding shares or share options? No consulting?

Ben Rich had plenty of access to, and involvement in, Lockheed after he retired.

Thus, the incentive to support the company still existed, if he needed an incentive at all.

Also remember that sometimes when you carry a secret around for long time that might benefit others you may have the urge to talk about such things before you leave this world. This is just my opinion.
[edit on 3/5/2005 by RichardPrice]

So why didn't he talk about it much more? He participated in an entire book about his time at Lockheed, including inside information on the SR-71, U-2, F-117 and B-2 projects.

So if he had such an urge to talk about something before he "left this world", why did he talk about wishy washy vague possiblities rather than naming names?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In the quote he also says "anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

Well we can imagine a lot - we can imagine travelling through suns, we can imagine creating whole new universes, we can imagine time travel, and we can imagine technology that makes anything you want. We can imagine anti-matter and fustion technology, we can imagine dilithium, and we can imagien every person as a god.

I just finished reading a story where 1000 immortal humans, all clones from a single person, fly around the galaxy in ships that are hundreds of miles long.

I can imagine that this man was trying to inspire people to go out there and try stuff out without actually meaning to be taken literally - and since he said we can do anything that we can imagine it must be true.

t

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by meshuggah1324

IMO this rich guy pulled a fast one. He taks about other worldy tech when
boyd bushman of locheeds is talking something mudane like throwing
lockedmagnets down a tower.
lockheeds dont have tech to move among the stars im sure.
Whats more they dont answer your e mails when you want to transfer tech to them
under license

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Your forgetting the fact that there is more money to be made by slowly leaking the technology of many many years. You think the car you drive now is the best they could do? Of course not. The monetary system and national security have a lot to do with why disclosure has not happened.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowanln
reply to post by Frith

Your forgetting the fact that there is more money to be made by slowly leaking the technology of many many years. You think the car you drive now is the best they could do? Of course not. The monetary system and national security have a lot to do with why disclosure has not happened.

You mean a revolutionary tech will disrupt the monetary system, dont you.
But revolutionary tech will only modify the monetary system for the better, I would imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join