It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Sun Flares Disrupting Our Cable TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I thought I read here a few weeks ago that the sunflares would be disrupting our cable/digital tv soon. Mine has been acting up and yesterday I was reading about the biggest sun spot on the sun in 11 years. I did a search on it but could not find the thread.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i work at radioshack and ive had a alot of customers tell me there cable is out almost 10 and my cable also went out earlier today i think something is up

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

These are the latest SOHO CME images..

Hope this helps

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Your cable TV cable is shielded and shouldn't be affected by sunspots. If you have satellite TV it will be. If you have just a few channels that are acting weird, they may be received by your cable company via satellite and could be messed up.

Space Weather
NOAA's Space Weather

Those are the two sights to check for Solar Flares and other space weather events. Spaceweather.com is easier to understand for the layman, NOAA's page is a lot more technical.

Hope that helps!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You can always check with your cable company. When I worked for a local cable company they did have a listing of channels and times affected. We were told that it did interfere with the sattelite which sent the signals of certain channels at certain times. This only occured at certain times of the year, for maybe a week or two.

new topics

top topics

join