It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military wants Global Dominance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The US military has long wanted lasers that can take out enemy missiles, and with it it could also become an offensive weapon, nothings faster then the speed of light, so the enemy would be gone before they knew they were under attack.

The ABL (AirBorne Laser) once complete will be able to zap missiles out of the sky, its laser will have a range aound 125 miles, which is impressive, but Boeing wants to take it a step further, in what sounds more like the old reagan "star Wars" initiative, they basically want to put mirrors on airships, the ABL will fire at the airship which will then direct the laser to its target, whether it be a missile in flight or troops on the ground.

The Airships would be hovering unmanned around 65,000ft, so with the added hieght the ABL would shoot slighly upwards and then the mirror would direct it to the target, giving it a much larger (over double) reach. The HAA (High Altitude Airship) which will be unmanned and could be used for this purpose. With these unmanned airships which can stay in an area for months, they could also use ground based lasers like MTHEL (Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser) to take out targets near and far. and in the future they would like the big mirrors to be on satellites, and have them cover the globe, which would give the US military a god-like presence everywhere.

Laser Relays

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
ABL is legit and real:

Initial operational capability of 3 of these aircraft is slated for 2006 and fully operational capability of 7 aircraft by 2008.

Some relevant past ATS threads on this with loads of information that can/could be easily brought up and discussed anew here are linked below. I am providing them not to say "this topic has been discussed before" but to simply allow others to have access to further information so as to allow better discussion in this topic thread.

Airborne laser
Particle beams!!!!!!
Space War - USA claims superiority
EXCLUSIVE: Directed Energy Weapons, An ATS Analysis & Discussion
Beyond Bullets - The US Armys new battlefield laser
AIAA Review of Aerospace Advances in 2003 - Part I

seekerof

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
yes, I brought it up mainly to discuss the mirrors, and not the ABL. But BTW, the part you have quoted is old, the ABL is very behind its schedule, They hopfully have one operational in 2006, certainly not 3.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I read somewhere that they were also planning in the future to put lasers on satellites capable of hitting airborne targets like ICBM's, satellites, and also capable of hitting ground targets. This mirror idea seems kind of complex to me. I think that once they have space based lasers that mirrors should not be necessary.

external image

Space Lasers

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

this is late breaking news but the US already has that

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
www.spacedaily.com...

God I love this picture.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For new hi-res ABL pictures click on Archive, then on 2005, then on stories that mention ABL.

www.edwards.af.mil...

[edit on 4-5-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Folks, these ideas are Not new! The laser weapons on the drawing board and in testing today, ALL evolved from concepts that were first drafted in the early 1980's for the SDI Program, AKA "STAR WARS". Ronald Regan conceved a plan to use laser weapons to create a missile defense shield. Say Hello to Star Wars Jr.

The main laser technology that is being worked on today is a system called Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser or COIL. The system (if I remember correctly) uses a combustion reaction to generate the electrons used to create the laser beam. The hope is that this new technique allows for a more powerful laser that takes up less space and requires less energy input.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigx01

Originally posted by Murcielago

this is late breaking news but the US already has that

Aw, you beat me to posting this. Will simply add that this basic and undisputable fact is what fuels the hundreds of U.S.-bashing threads found elsewhere on ATS. They know that all they can really do is bi---h, er talk.

[edit on 5/6/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Can you imagine a whole fleet of offensive aircraft with no conventional ordanance? Just "directed energy" weapons like the ABL and EMP type stuff. A single plane could stop a whole armored column with the right electro-magnetic waves, then a plane with something like the ABL could come behind and take out individual commanders on the ground like a high altitude sniper. What army could fight it.....your weapons won't work and your leader just got zapped by a deathray.....very intimidating.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ive heard of this before...actually at an Airshow a fews years back.
I still have the "brochures" and magazine about it.

It says the aircraft is called Yala-9....Yala stands for something, but I don't know what. I don't fell like digging out the stuff right now.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yala-9??? never heard of it. But the ABL's official name is YAL-1A...So i'm assuming that what your referrring to.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Murcielago
According to USAF nomenclatural records, the ABL probably had the designation YFC-36A reserved for it, but the people at the Pentagon decided to allocate the designation YAL-1A to the ABL, perhaps because the A-for-Attack letter in YAL-1A seemed to indicate to them that the ballistic missiles the ABL was designed to destroy with its laser weapon were ground-launched weapons.

Link:
www.designation-systems.net...

******* CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES PLEASE ********

edit on 30-5-2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

here is a video i took the other night of an orange light that appeared out of no where and than moved knda funny and as it went behind the tree disappeared

join