It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we ready?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is going to be something ill be posting in different topic areas,

for this aircraft projects section - a question...

If earth came under attack from hostile alien forces, what cud our airforces do, could our air defences, radar, jets defend us, is our airforces ready, because governements have there heads up their arses when it has come to investing in new defences from attacks from space....

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Uhh if an Alien Species which is capable of Inter-Stellar travel were to attack us there would not be much we could do about it. Just look at the Colonial Era in our own history as a guide to what would happen. Superior Technology will ALWAYS prevail, without Guns and Cannons the Europeans would not have been able to Colonize so easily. It would be like fighting Tanks with Sticks and Stones, we wouldn't even dent em.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
As long as your, erm, "Aliens", use common technology, metal, electronics, fireweapons and that kind of things, then it's only a question of balance...

If you're thinking of Alien Vs Predator or Half-Life like weapons, then I don't think we even have to reply...
But I claim it's not for tommorow that USAF, RAAF, RAF and Swiss Air Force will stick together to shoot down an alien battlecruiser using "neurogravitationnal" (or whatsoever...)systems

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
thats kinda what i thought, but the USAF seems to be developing many aircraft of great potential, we'll see what others can say,

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

because governements have there heads up their arses when it has come to investing in new defences from attacks from space

I'm not so sure. Back in the 80's we were sending up Shuttles with "classified military satellites" left and right. I'm not so sure that was just for surveillance or communications.

Uhh if an Alien Species which is capable of Inter-Stellar travel were to attack us there would not be much we could do about it.

For all we know, we could be one invention away from interstellar travel... Not to mention, just because they've got advanced propulsion, doesn't mean they've got advanced weaponry, or that our current weapons are obsolete. Even an arrow in the right place will take out a modern soldier...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If the Grey alien theory is right, the US would be ok, because our buddies the greys will be on our side.
I am sure the greys would have a good time freing up some reptilian frog legs.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

For all we know, we could be one invention away from interstellar travel... Not to mention, just because they've got advanced propulsion, doesn't mean they've got advanced weaponry, or that our current weapons are obsolete. Even an arrow in the right place will take out a modern soldier...

Uhh Gazrock you do know how much energy it would take to travel interstellar distances right? With a power source that could power a "Warp Driver" you could rip this planet apart...easily. Then they'd be free to salvage any worthwhile raw material. If they were smart WE wouldn't even see it coming or we would think it was something completely different then what it really was.

Not to mention, just because they've got advanced propulsion, doesn't mean they've got advanced weaponry

Why not? The amount of energy required to reach earth even from Proxima Centari is Astronomical and any species that could harness this power could make planets, maybe even stars to go poof.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Planes and tanks are for civillians to fear.

Even our "non-intersteller" wars are over before the first vehicles move into combat zones. All possible outcomes are factored, and tens of thousands of man hours are "black-hours" we never hear about, the reason (intel) wars are ingaged.

Alien's are here. Their not "taking over". They've always been incharge. And untill a "childhood's end" scenario plays out, we've got little more than these endless discussions to wet our fantasticle minds they've givin us to do so much more with.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The under estimation of the humans, could be used as an advantage by humanity.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Although, the real question is - Would we even want to attack?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Do we underestimate Ant's when we step on them? No of course not we don't even give them any thought we just squish them. We might be able to sting them a few times but that's it really. Hope ya'll get my point I'm trying to get across.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
there is a difference between us and ants we are *intelligent life*

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad

You just opened up a can 'o worms buddy
Just what is "intelligent life" anyway? How smart does one have to be to be considered "intelligent" as from where I am standing our species seems hellbent on destroying ourselves, let alone getting destroyed by an advanced alien spieces.

Ant's have a societal structure, have unique archeticure and communicate using chemical signals. In fact they are probably more orginized then us
Point being if a Alien Race bothered to actually take the time to invade our tiny insignificant corner of the galaxy we wouldn't stand a chance. We would be like Ants to them. Hard to accept if you believe our species is special(which I don't) but it's the most likely scenario, real life isn't like hollywood.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Do we underestimate Ant's when we step on them? No of course not we don't even give them any thought we just squish them. We might be able to sting them a few times but that's it really. Hope ya'll get my point I'm trying to get across.

No, not at all. Sorry, can you elaborate? I see the analogy between us and humans, but the underestimation was about humans and humans. How does this fit in?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

No, not at all. Sorry, can you elaborate? I see the analogy between us and humans, but the underestimation was about humans and humans. How does this fit in?

I thought I was clear in my comparision. When I hear "If earth came under attack from hostile alien forces" as the thread author posted, I tried to come up with an analogy that made my opinion clear. An Alien Species that has the technology and energy producing capabilities would see us as Ant's in a military sense. Think "Vogon Constructor fleet"

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad

You just opened up a can 'o worms buddy
Just what is "intelligent life" anyway? How smart does one have to be to be considered "intelligent" as from where I am standing our species seems hellbent on destroying ourselves, let alone getting destroyed by an advanced alien spieces.

Ant's have a societal structure, have unique archeticure and communicate using chemical signals. In fact they are probably more orginized then us
Point being if a Alien Race bothered to actually take the time to invade our tiny insignificant corner of the galaxy we wouldn't stand a chance. We would be like Ants to them. Hard to accept if you believe our species is special(which I don't) but it's the most likely scenario, real life isn't like hollywood.

What is intelligent life interesting question but take a look at this:
Female Chimpanzee 366 + 6.5 cc.
Male Chimpanzee 399 + 7.0 cc.
Female Gorilla 466 + 10.4 cc.
Male Gorilla 543 +4.3 cc.
Pithecanthropus erectus 1026+34.2 cc.
human brain at birth 350 cc
adult human brain 1400 cc (and still evolving)

Now how many brain CC's does an ant have?

Also the fact that you can read this message and understand it makes you an intelligent life-form, do ants have their own type of writing? Are they capable of traveling in water, in the sky, and in space? Are ants capable of saving there own species from extinction?

Obviously not, IMHO humans are intelligent life there is no doubt about that.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000Think "Vogon Constructor fleet"

NOW I get ya!
Put it in terms I can related to.

At any rate, I agree. In order to make travel over that sort of distance possible, you're bound to have found a few good gun upgrades along they way. (par exemple, take ship drive, weaken it a whole bunch, and make a barrel...)

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Uhh Gazrock you do know how much energy it would take to travel interstellar distances right?

Nope, and neither do you, seeing as how we haven't done it yet.
Perhaps they can do it on a 9 volt. We simply don't know.

Besides, we can destroy our planet too...so where's the comparison?

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ants you say, well if ants were our size, as the greys are said to be even shorter than us most of the time, perhaps they would win. Not only that, but I believe ants out number us a thousand to one. Perhaps, we should not underestimate ants either.

But the real question is - would we want to?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well, the good news is, they've had quite some time, should they have wished to invade.

It doesn't seem to be on the agenda, so I suppose that's a good thing. However, violating airspace, shutting down defenses, and abducting citizens against their will is anything but benign...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join