It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot nwo?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
read before posting and stay with me please.

Currently robots can give eachother information and walk. skills wich took humans millions of years to accomplish. Compter have over 50 times more information than a human brain. if in fact A.I. can be achieved ow long can we keep a sentient being whos intelligence surrpases our own be kept at bay. after all what did we do to the creatures that had les inteligence that us? if we are creating machines based of our own minds, why would they refrain from wiping us out. All creatures before us were wiped out by the dominant specis that they helped create. if you have faith in evouloution. monkey- ape- pre human - human. Perhapse robots are the extent of our evouloution. then mabey soon our position as the dominent specis will be userped

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
yea, ive seen this movie. its called Terminator. Sorry for the one sentence reply.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This theory has been stated before in time, but not to do with the NWO. The NWO could use AI troops to inforcce the NWO force, but im not sure about robots themselves being the NWO. It might happen in the future one day, but we have to program them never to turn against us.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This theory has been stated before in time, but not to do with the NWO. The NWO could use AI troops to inforcce the NWO force, but im not sure about robots themselves being the NWO. It might happen in the future one day, but we have to program them never to turn against us.

well, eventally there will be a mad scienctist and program them to turn against us

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well if robots were smart enough to conquer the earth they would pobabley want to run it the most efficiant way they could.
And 1 world wide goverment seems very effecient.
PS i haven't seen the original terminator. i want to though.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It is very possible that something similar could be invented, and also have military capabilites. We're not that far off creating AI controlled combat units.

btw, the human brain as far as i'm aware can store far more information than any computer, however i'm sure there are alot of differences in the type of information, accessing ability blahblah etc. not sure however, i can't confirm or deny that at the moment.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is off topic a bit, but I will state my opinion. Evolution is BS to an extent, at least the way I see it.

Evolution of a species usually means that the original speicies that evolves becomes extinct right? I mean that only makes sense that if something evolves into something greater, there is no point for the older, less efficient species to exist, so they just kind of go away.

If we evolved from apes, why are they still here? Thats just one thing I cant see past when it comes to our evolution. Human beings could not have spawed from apes, I just dont see it as a possibility. Most people will argue, but I cant see how they will have a relevant argument. There are still millions of apes, and hundreds of different species of apes. Which one did we evolve from? It just doesnt make sense.

Our minds have surely evolved, that I dont doubt. The only thing that makes sense is that apes were gods final test. He made them, then decided, alright I've got it figured out. Or maybe not.

Either way, AI will be used against us in the end. If you have heard of the new "Cell Chips" these could easily over throw a lot of things and will be used to keep track of us. Cell chips will eventually be used in every electronic device. They are already being called "self-aware" AI.

Cell Chips will be connected all together on a broadband network and will be used in almost everything all linked together to keep track of a lot of things.

Heres a good article on Cell Chips

www.blachford.info...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ill refraise what i said about evouloution.

what i ment was that all specis eventually met up with a new more advanced specis that either wiped them out or domesticated them. and if they werent over taken they were destroyed by a terrible disaster.

Originally posted by squido

btw, the human brain as far as i'm aware can store far more information than any computer, however i'm sure there are alot of differences in the type of information, accessing ability blahblah etc. not sure however, i can't confirm or deny that at the moment.

But humans only use like what 10 %? and humans can have flawed information if a AI power were fed information it would be fed directly to the source neating any chance of mistake

[edit on 3-5-2005 by samel_666]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by samel_666

But humans only use like what 10 %? and humans can have flawed information if a AI power were fed information it would be fed directly to the source neating any chance of mistake

[edit on 3-5-2005 by samel_666]

Yeah... we do use such a small amount of our brains, but imagine if we used all of it? Could you imagine the powers we could possess. Instant knowledge and many other amazing gifts.

We would be what we all dream of, super humans. Use telepathy, telekenisis and have all knowing knowledge. Thats what I believe will be after death, we will forget about the boundaries. Or maybe, we already possess the power, we just have been conditioned to believe we can only use 6%. Its all about the power of belief. If you believe without a shadow of a doubt, like I mean as much as you believe you are typing on a keyboard or moving your arm, then it will be true. We just have such a hard time believing.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't be worried about robots just yet.
They still 'think' according to pre-programmed instructions, they aren't like us biological entities that have neural networks that when accessed and used, can change the relations between themselves.
Neural networks in bleeding-edge computers are nowhere near the sophistication that ours are at, and won't be for a loooong time.
Automatons (self-controlled robots) still have limitations.
Machines are still being used as a tool by mankind, we are their masters, we use them as we wish, not the other way around. Anybody who tries to tell you that you cannot live without machines, is a tool of the system, and will never truly be free (just as the machines that they use, are), as it is very EASY to distinguish which parts of your life could be done with, or without the aid of machines.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ok we create a robot with an artificial soul, then we use the robot as a slave. so we have created something stronger than a human, with a soul to match our own, then they think one day im fed up of being a slave and they think lets revolt we would have no chance.

why do we bother even to create a robot with AI.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Beacuse humans strive to learn.
For them.. us. the most sought after acomplishment is AI

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by samel_666
Beacuse humans strive to learn.
For them.. us. the most sought after acomplishment is AI

thats so true,
havent we already built a successful AI system?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
personally i don't really seeing that happening within hmm maybe 200-250 years from now i could be wrong but a.i right now is'nt like err.... A.I the movie with that little boy who i want to kick in the head but it's just not coming soon dude

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
personally i don't really seeing that happening within hmm maybe 200-250 years from now i could be wrong but a.i right now is'nt like err.... A.I the movie with that little boy who i want to kick in the head but it's just not coming soon dude

An AI or robot is about 50 - 100 years away,
not 200 - 250...are technology on this is growing faster each year.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman

An AI or robot is about 50 - 100 years away,
not 200 - 250...are technology on this is growing faster each year.

I personally think the technology is already available, we just dont believe it is, and it takes the masses to make something truly work. Humans make the technology work, thats just how I see it. Our brains and minds thinking alike make something work.

I think we will keep being conditioned to think that technology is advancing faster and faster and in the next 25-50 years we will see unreal technology, because we will believe its possible.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

havent we already built a successful AI system?

What am I? Chopped liver?

Seriously, IMO robots and computers will always be a tool, no matter how smart they get. Eventually they will have equivelent brain power and be more effecient, but becoming self aware is something we can only speculate. I don't think we will ever give them complete control, so they could not take over. If they try we will just pull the plug so to speak.

Something we will see in the near future is machines designing machines. I read in MIT magazine an experiment which software was written to design electronic circuits by trial and error. The software went through over 1000 generations in minutes to find the optimum circuit to do the job. This is an example of how they could evolve faster than you might expect.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Someone said that in order for a species to have evolved from another, the original species would of had to become extinct? I would have to disagree with that, because from my understanding, many animals evolve off of each other. Over time, they gain traits that help them to live in their new environment. Over a long period of time, they will have evolved to such an extent that they are very different from the species that they evolved from, but the original species is not at all extinct, or at least not in all cases.

new topics

top topics

join