It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This link made me want to scream

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
www.misspoppy.com...

It's for real, and it's INCREDIBLY inappropriate, I don't care if you're a Christian or not.

Is there ANYONE on this board who would buy this?

I actually sent an email to the company telling them they are the lowest of the low and there IS a God, they will burn in eternal hell for doing stuff like this and making money from it.

PATHETIC.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me... What kind of a sick F**k comes up with something like this? Um, NO, I'd NEVER buy something like that. In fact, there is almost no sum of money that one could give me to own something like that!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Id say its a little over the top. It amazes me that somebody actualy thought this up, desgined it, and followed it through to production. You would think that SOMEBODY along the line would have stopped and said "um...isnt this kind of preverse?"

Ahh well, what can you do?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
from the link

Note to the confused:This is a real product, from a real site. The product is a satire, but it is also a real product - FOR SALE. This is a real store.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The company's slogan is "What a trend we have in Jesus."

The product that is under discussion is:

Protect our troops - from the womb to the war. What if the fetus you were going to abort would grow up to be a soldier bringing democracy to a godless dictatorship?

Plastic replica of an 11-12 week old fetus, 3" long, holding a firearm in its precious little hand, with an assortment of other military paraphernalia, encased in a translucent plastic ornament, with a patriotic yellow ribbon on top. Includes a metal ornament hanger. If only a womb were this safe, attractive and reasonably priced!

Show that you support the "culture of life" by buying and proudly displaying one of these patriotic unborn Americans.

I think the site might be a parody. I can't believe any company would be this offensive without trying to make some sort of comedic point. Maybe it's a non-Christian capitalizing on Christian sentiment? Maybe the whole thing is a joke? Maybe we live in a twisted little world, populated by twisted little monkey-spawn who will do anything to make a buck?

Dunno. Interesting post though.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's a satire site that's making fun of the religious right and I think it's pretty funny.

It reminds me of the landover baptist website except you can actually buy these products.

lock 'n load Jesus mouspad

[edit on 2-5-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
ahahaha I'M USING THE internet

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This link made me want to scream

www.misspoppy.com...

I am a christian and I completley agree with you, surely there a better more sensible approach the 'sanctity of life' debate than this. And then to put a gun in the hand of the fetus, absolutely ridiculous, gives all christians a bad name.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
also available in a "brown" model...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
HAHAHA, I would not buy own, or even own one if someone gave it to me.
I just think it's tacky.....

I really don't see anything wrong with it. It's actually funny in a sick, hell-raiser, grunt way of thinking.

Ive seen worse that support both sides, whats the big deal about this one????

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think also that is a satire to the pro life movement, that is the way I see it, in other words, "protect the unborn so they can go and grow up to be killers of Godless people in the pursue of democracy in other countries."

That is the picture I get from the site.

I could be wrong you know.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

absolutely ridiculous, gives all christians a bad name.

I'm starting to think that's the idea.

There's no way some company would come up with this using purely genuine motives.

I can't even begin to imagine the volume of hate mail they receive on a daily basis.

I mean.."what a trend we have in Jesus?" That's ballsy. (but true)

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Edited because my girlfriend posted under my name again...

I am not a self admitted twisted person, and I do not use smilies.

Unless I've been drinking.

Thanks

[edit on 2-5-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Eh, they're well within their rights to sell stuff like that. Besides, the point of all the murchandise, I'm assuming, isn't so much to make a statement as it is to get a reaction. I mean, seriously, a troop model unborn fetus ornament? The people who like to get a rise out of Christians will like this shop, others will just ignore it.

I kind of expect to get a Christmas present from this site from a relative of mine. She doesn't really enjoy discussing issues, but rather tries to piss people off and belittle them and their beliefs as much as possible. That is the kind of person this site caters to. I say, great job! It'll help point out the people who just want to get a rise out of people instead of those who actually want to have a debate.
Personally, I'm glad that site exists

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
OK, there is a link to the landover batist website so I guess they're related.

Landover baptist has even cooler panties than the miss poppy website.

The 'Jesus is watching you masturbate' thong.

www.landoverbaptist.org...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I am a self admitted twisted person, and I burst out laughing when I saw it. Does'nt mean they will gain a cent from me, I am not going to BUY one sheesh, but I saw the humor, sick as it is........

I wrote this not DC.......sowy DC I dunno what you will think of this ...........I HATE it when dis 'appens! Apologies to all..................

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What are you talking about TRG? Do you mean you replied, and the website filed it under DeltaChaos when attributing the poster?

Or what?

Sorry, I'm confused.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the link of the site AceOfBase I will put it on my favorite, the site has many interesting thinks.

link   
What an outrage! Okay then, lets protect our fetusses just so when they turn 18, we can draft a heck of a lot of young men into war! Sounds like a plan...doesn't it??

link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I'm starting to think that's the idea.

There's no way some company would come up with this using purely genuine motives.

I can't even begin to imagine the volume of hate mail they receive on a daily basis.

I mean.."what a trend we have in Jesus?" That's ballsy. (but true)

I see what you're saying. I have to agree....I real pro-life/christian website would not go this far.....

However, Im still LMAO....thats funny as hell

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join