It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XBoX 360

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
By the look of things it seems that we might be getting the new XBOX by the end of this year.

xbox360.ign.com...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
from the leaked images and general speculation the 360 looks use wireless controllers which I'm very happy about, it is also smaller than the xbox but the harddrive isn't intergrated which annoys me.

Related Links:

Xbox 360 pictures leaked

xbox 360

Xbox 360 MTV

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't know why you'd be annoyed that the hard drive isn't integrated. Leaving it as an option will most certainly keep the price down - just be glad they didn't decide to chuck it altogether. I think a removeable hard drive is an extremely smart move. Just think, you can choose the size of the hard drive you want! You won't have to deal with the limit of an 8 GB hard drive anymore. MS will most certainly have multiple size variations - 20, 30, 40, 60, 80, 120 (well, probabaly not that many, but you get the picture).

Microsoft has taken a big hit on the original XBox hardware, and the hard drive is just one of the reasons. Almost all console manufacturers take a hit on their hardware (well, maybe not Nintendo), but the software is what makes up for it. As the parts of the consoles become increasingly powerful, they become more costly - so sacrifices must be made. I would be pleasantly surprised if the PS3 comes with an integrated hard drive, and Sony can keep the console within the 300 dollar range - otherwise, they will definitely be taking more of a hit on their bank then if they had chosen not to have an integrated hard drive.

Remember, it all comes down to costs.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Uh, you can already choose what size HD you want, mine has a 200gig, the guy who did it has a 250 and a 160, he does that for a living, people send the xbox to him with what modifications they want and he does it. Alows you to save games directly to the xbox, so rent a game for 2bucks, burn it, return it. Also can save movies to it, really cool. Or one of his crystal xboxes he moded a 15" LCD moniter to the xbox, so just plug in the power cord and you can play xbox.

He also does paint jobs, or different styles, like the crystal(clear) xboxes, those are cool! He had to go to Canada and ordered 6 of them, he kept the 15" moniter one, and sold the rest online for a good profit.

You can also have the LED in the front change colors, purple, red AND green and same time, blue, really cool.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
hey james got a link to the site where you an get them modded?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

top topics

join