It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterson Bigfoot Footage Stabilized and Analyzed (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I know that this is probably one of the most tired topics involving Bigfoot, and whether or not it really does exist. This link was put up by another member and I was thrilled to see it had been stabilized. This allows the viewer full control of the footage so that if one was so inclined, they could see the gait and swagger of the Patterson Bigfoot and notice the muscles flex and twist as it walks away. I understand that of all the cryptozoological entities this has to be the most elusive as no evidence other than film, foot casts, and sightings/encounters have been recorded. But if anyone could express their personal views of this stabilized footage, I would be greatly obliged to hear others comments upon this matter. But, I must ask, before you comment, please view this footage with your utmost intensity so that you may fully experience what is before you.

I somehow think, scratch that, I somehow know that this has to be legit, for I know no man who has arms as long, takes such funny steps, and leans forward so dramatically as he walks calmly away. The swagger, the turn, and the muscular bursts upon the thigh, back, and hips only elaborates what bone and muscular structure that this "Ape Suit" couldn't have faked. In my opinion, from the stabilized footage, I ask myself, why couldn't this be for real? I leave it to you my fellow members, to once again revisit this footage, and decide for yourselves if you believe that this video was a hoax. I can't honestly say that I feel that it is, but the floors open for discussion so shoot.

Related News Links:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You will have to include a link to the video if you want my opinion, friend.

Zip

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
eesh, my bad...Here go

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's a man in a monkey suit. The dead give-away is the feet. No beast has feet like that. Look at your own feet. Look at the feet of any primate you can find. It's a man in a monkey suit.

[edit on 05/5/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I was thinking that this was the new film...
it isn't...

for those that are not aware, the maker of this film declared it as a hoax shortly before he died... I think it was last year...

do a google with the guys name... and put admitted hoax in the search field..

should end this thread... but for something new, there is another film that was made the other day, that sounds very credible... (but is'nt being released until someone pays for the film)

got to looking...
the guy who told patterson where to go with his camera died and left his confession: bigfoot dies and leaves deathbed confession

[edit on 2-5-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lazarus and Grady

I thought it was b.s. myself until I saw a show on cable where they did a video analysis of the footage and they showed the detail of the bones and musculature of the creature in the Patterson footage. That's not to say that it couldn't have been a very well done hoax, but in my opinion that's very unlikely.
I believe now that it's real.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
what always threw me is the reaction of BF when he turns around and sees a man on a horse, and just keeps walking ! no fight or flight, just keep on truckin....not natural.....

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hmm, this submission seems to be very similar to this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
In fact, they're exactly the same, except the original one actually had a link.

How bizarre...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, regardless of any other features one may cite to authenticate this footage (?), I think the bottoms of this creatures feet argue most convincingly to this being a man in a monkey suit.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Looks lake a man in a monkey suite to me, when the footage was untouched it almost looked real as you couldnt realy see mcuh due to all the shaky'ness, but with it still like in the new vid it looks fake...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
THis footage always spooked me a little as a kid, but now it's steadied, it's pretty obvious it's a suit IMO. The "muscle flexes" on the thigh and back look more like thick fabric moving. As for the gait and stance, my Uncle John walks about the same, although his beer gut is bigger than this here big foot's.

Put a polystyrene fish bowl and two antennae on it's head and it reminds me a little of the Ed Wood classic, Robot Monster.

[edit on 2005/5/3 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Well, regardless of any other features one may cite to authenticate this footage (?), I think the bottoms of this creatures feet argue most convincingly to this being a man in a monkey suit.

Here's a couple of more to go along with Grady's....

Looks a little fishy to me.....

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Tree damage, hair, tracks etc... are all physical evidence but where are the skeletons?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Lol the feet pics pretty much prove its fake, unless of course its common for ape like creatures feet to be a completly diff color then the rest of the body... every gorrilla ive seen has a black face black feet black hands... one would think something like this would share things like this in common...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The color doesn't necessarily rule it as a fake, for a couple of reasons:

1. Black skin is not the guaranteed norm in primates. Many primates have fair skin, as can be seen in...

...the chimpanzee

...the baboon

...and the smirking chimp

2. We're assuming that Bigfoot is a primate derivative. Popular legend summises that BF is maybe an offshoot of cromagnum man and would thus have fair-skinned feet without opposable big toes.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Don't get me wrong, I certainly wouldn't stake my life on the footage being real, but from my perspective we're dealing with a creature that nobody really knows about as far as it's physical make-up goes. For me to just assume that it doesn't have heavily padded pale skin on the bottom of it's feet would be wrong.

Personally, I believe these things really exist. Why we haven't found any solid physical evidence, I can't explain. Some say that these are inter-dimensional creatures that are capable of strange things. Who really knows?

Peace

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If we apply the Occam's Razor approach to this, then this is a man in a monkey suit until we catch a live or dead one. Until then, all speculation is absolutely meaningless.

How does it go in Ronin? "If there is any doubt, then there is no doubt."

Well, I have doubts that this is a real creature in the video, and therefore, I have no doubt that this is a man in a suit.

Of course, this is ancillary to Occam's Razor.

Zip

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When you analyze the Patterson film notice the way the creature turns. Un like man the figure turns his entire upper torso instead of just turning the head like a man would, due to the fact that its shoulders are so broad and leaving it with almost no neck so it must turn this way (like most primates with small necks would). So if your saying the feet are a dead give-a-way that this is a man in a suit then the turn is a good reason that it is in fact a "Bigfoot".

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick_y_2
When you analyze the Patterson film notice the way the creature turns. Un like man the figure turns his entire upper torso instead of just turning the head like a man would, due to the fact that its shoulders are so broad and leaving it with almost no neck so it must turn this way (like most primates with small necks would). So if your saying the feet are a dead give-a-way that this is a man in a suit then the turn is a good reason that it is in fact a "Bigfoot".

I've heard this unconvincing arguement before. When I turn around, depending on what mood I'm in, sometimes I turn my shoulders around with my head and sometimes I just turn my head around.

In any case, the man in this video does both. He turns his head, then his shoulders, looks, and then turns his head back before his shoulders. This is not exactly a smoking gun and I stick by my Razor.

Any arguement that attempts to show that this is without a doubt a non-human is convoluted in some way, be it the unscientific, ambiguous, and highly subjective "he turns his shoulders" arguement, the "his muscles appear real omg" one, or the ... well, I think those two are the only ones I've ever heard.

While maybe these creatures come from a, what was mentioned earlier, an alternate dimension? And perhaps they, I dunno, cremate their dead or something, but it is just much more simple to ackowledge the reality that it is most likely a series of hoaxes based on legendary tall tales.

I'm open minded, though, and if someone finds a dead body or captures a living creature, then... Nope, I'd still think this film was fake.

Zip

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

While maybe these creatures come from a, what was mentioned earlier, an alternate dimension? And perhaps they, I dunno, cremate their dead or something, but it is just much more simple to ackowledge the reality that it is most likely a series of hoaxes based on legendary tall tales.

Maybe the film footage, but you only have to take a quick look at the bfro sightings database to realise that Bigfoot reaches a lot further than a couple of bad quality films

www.bfro.net...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join