It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer in the Backseat of Car/ Gang Initiation Variation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I received a notice in the mail recently. Apparently lots of people beleive this. Apparently part of the variation is to also report it as just having happened, I've seen it as connecticut.

Set Baloney Detectors to Wide-Angle

external image

the message
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

A friend stopped at a pay-at-the-pump gas station to get gas. Once she filled her gas tank and after paying at the pump and starting to leave,
the voice of the attendant inside came over the speaker. He told her that something happened with her card and that she needed to come inside to
pay. The lady was confused because the transaction showed complete and approved. She relayed that to him and was getting ready to leave but the attendant, once again, urged her to come in to pay or there'd be trouble. She proceeded to go inside and started arguing with the attendant about his threat. He told her to calm down and listen carefully:

He said that while she was pumping gas, a guy slipped into the back seat of her car on the other side and the attendant had already called
the police.
She became frightened and looked out in time to see her car door open and the guy slip out. The report is that the new gang initiation thing is
to bring back a woman and/or her car. One way they are doing this is crawling under women's cars while they're pumping gas or at grocery
stores in the nighttime. The other way is slipping into unattended cars and kidnapping the women.

Please pass this on to other women, young and old alike. Be extra careful going to and from your car at night. If at all possible, don't go alone!

This is real!!
The message:

1. ALWAYS lock your car doors, even if you're gone for just a second!

2. Check underneath your car when approaching it for reentry, and check in the back before getting in.

3. Always be aware of your surroundings and of other individuals in your general vicinity, particularly at night!

Send this to everyone so your friends can take precaution.

AND GUYS...YOU TELL ANY WOMEN YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS Thanks,
Barbara Baker, Secretary Directorate of Training
U.S. Army Military Police
School

THIS IS TOO SERIOUS ... DO NOT DELETE. PLEASE
PASS IT ON!!

I think we all know that the government doesn't issue alerts thru private emails, any more than bill gates offers to pay us to forward emails or that Nkwame Nkrumo, recently deceased and without heirs, had a bank account worth 10 million that needs to be emptied into your bank account. Oh yeah, international jihadis have spent years training for super-destructive terror attacks all throughout the US and the Western World, requireing the utmost dedication and secrecy, but if one of them drops their wallet and you give it to 'im, they'lll spill the beans, cuz you did a good deed.

'A friend' of the cheif of military police? I think its pretty revolting that someone cooked it up and sent it out. There's definitly people all over the place now that aren't going out at night and the like because of ignorant idiotic b/s like this. Notice that there's a big government crackdown on international gangs, like ms-13. THe public is generally aware. Out of that fear, comes this, more fear. Its also similar to that 'there are gangs who drive around without their headlights on, if you flash to let them know, theys'll kill ya' hoax. Snopes notes that its a variation of the 'killer in the back seat' urban myth. Apparently its been around since 1993.

Also notice the exhortations that 'this is real' and to 'please read'. Yeah, and I'd better stay away from shopping malls on halloween or bin ladin's gonna get me.

Also notice, a quick google for "Barbara Baker, Secretary Directorate of Training US Army Military Police" turns up zilch. Tho I wouldn't be surprised if this person actually does or did exist.

re:
truthminers.com...

truthminers.com...

www.snopes.com...

"I love the smell of hoaxes in the morning."

If anyone knows more about this or can add to the discussion or would simply like to discuss it, that'd be great.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It's not the exhortations that 'this is real' and to 'please read' that are important; it's the exhortation to 'Send this to everyone' that matters. Someone makes money from every email we send and this is just their way of bumping up the numbers. Just like those pyramid emails that tell you 'you will meet your true love if you forward this to ten people and you will get hit by a garbage truck if you don't.'

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Man, I'd love to see the gang members that can slip under a car to hide and wait for these women. I haven't been able to EVER get under a car unless it was up on jacks, at least not since I was about 6 or so. And even then it was really hard to do.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i was working at a full serve gas station in the mid 90's, and the local police circulated a flyer about the gang initiation headlight thing. the main thing to remember is: a lot of parents will use things to keep their children home at night, or at least scared to attempt any "inappropriate" behavior. the problem is, we tend to like sensationalism, and urban legends are a great deal of fun...

it does tend to make one cautious, no matter how you look at it...until complacency returns...*sigh*

new topics

top topics

join