It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell UFO crash and WWII

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hi, i'm not sure if this has been discussed before but i have a theory.
Is it possible that the aliens were planning first contact in 1947, as world war II had finished and the earth was becoming a more peaceful place, But the craft they were sending to earth was shot down or malfunctioned?

I was looking on the NUFORC (NATIONAL UFO REPORTING CENTER) and noticed for the month of July 1947 there had been the most UFOs reported up to that point in time.
Link: www.nuforc.org...

It may just be coincidence or it might be that they are hoaxes, but i just found it interesting.

All comments appreciated

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No doubt, there were a ton of sightings in the summer of '47. Heck, just weeks prior to Roswell, Kenneth Arnold's "Flying Saucers" pretty much became a household word.

Interesting that they'd pick the only base with an atomic bomber wing as a meeting place, as opposed to say, the White House....don't you think?
I can't say that I agree with the "meet and greet" idea. The location and actions taken point more likely to a covert surveillance, and then subsequent crash... I've never seen any convincing evidence it was shot down.

Still, we (the public) really don't have any hard evidence on the alien agenda or mindset, so I suppose your theory is just as valid as any other as to their motivations.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
HOw about the NAZI angle on flying saucers? I recall reading stories and seeing pictures of flying developed by the NAZIs. Their scientists supposedly were able to develop a fast flying air vehicle that wasn't too stable though. Recoil of guns fired off the craft would knock the craft out of balance. This explains the foo-fighters and other WWII and post WWII sightings.
I always try to find the most believable expanations before coming up with ET explanations.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The Nazis had some of the fastest jets around, etc., but flying discs were all pretty much prototypes or still on the drawing board. No such disc (at least published) was ever the equal or superior to other existing craft of the time. The examples (and I've seen many, even right here on ATS), are not VTOL (at least any of the built ones), and are similar to some of our attempts at disc craft later on, and share the same problems. It should be noted that BOTH the Nazis and the Allies complained of problems with Foo Fighters. So it cannot be a German craft that's responsible for the accounts. Likewise, such craft would of course have been confiscated by both the US and Soviet Union, and no doubt duplicated soon after. It's been over half a century, and still nothing that can achieve some of the same flight characteristics? So what really IS the most believable explanation here?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Nazi explaination doesn't hold much water. We are dealing with more than flying disks. We are also dealing with flying triangles and cigars, and well, frankly, the nazis, though they came up with some amazing stuff, still were not capable of the technological wonders that UFOs are. The movements, speeds, and capabilities of UFOs still defy our current laws of physics and mechanics, even the Nazis were required to work with ohysical and mechanical laws.

Plus, its been a good 60 years since Roswell, any technology recovered by the Nazis would have been widely known and outmoded by now, such as the V-2 rocket.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have this nagging fealing that the US has secret projects (along with other countries) that can explain alot of this. Remember that triangular planes that did not come up on radar were once an issue and then voila stealth fighters and bombers popped up. From what I read their method of propulsion is not necessarily conventional - Not that I am knowledgable in this field. I assume you guys are more knowledgable than me. I am just trying to make sense of this much like many others.
Why is it that many of the UFO sightings are in the south west US, where US military bases and military R&D is located (e.g. Area 51)?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well, no doubt a lot of UFO sightings in that area ARE actually X planes. I myself saw an SR71 Blackbird YEARS before they were public knowledge. Viewing it head on, in a dark hangar, well....you can imagine what it looked like!
(it was years later, until I actually realized what I saw. It was fairly soon after my one and only sighting, and it actually got me interested in the subject, ever since gradeschool).

Still, that doesn't mean ALL such sightings are such craft. After all, even if 999 out of 1000 sightings are X planes...with just the one in 1000 being an interstellar craft...we've still got the problem.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The Foo Fighters were not German. Most were very small. What was built by humans at the time did look wierd but is easily separated from the Foo sightings.

Foo sightings may be natural, natural to Earth that is. The crews of those WWII aircraft were in unique states of mind. How many of those who reported died the next day, or the next week? Perhaps they simply saw something that normally we do not.

I think it may be more correct to say that one or more Alien Races had been observing us for some time. Then we, partially inspired by our knowledge of them, gained a lot of new technology in a short period of time. I do not think anyone from the outside would look at 1947 and say we were becomming peaceful, the timespan is too short. Just by looking from outside you have to assume a longer view, perhaps much longer. Personally I would guess 50 years might be reasonable.

The amount of energy released by a Nuke is an order of magnitude, or more, over what we had before. Those detonations had to have been seen over a vast distance. Of course I also believe that the very existance of a nuke is a jump of a multi-generational nature and proves outside influence.

A.T
(-)

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
I have this nagging fealing that the US has secret projects (along with other countries) that can explain alot of this. Remember that triangular planes that did not come up on radar were once an issue and then voila stealth fighters and bombers popped up. From what I read their method of propulsion is not necessarily conventional - Not that I am knowledgable in this field. I assume you guys are more knowledgable than me. I am just trying to make sense of this much like many others.
Why is it that many of the UFO sightings are in the south west US, where US military bases and military R&D is located (e.g. Area 51)?

Your assumptions are incorrect. US secret projects, or those of other countries, cannot explain 1/10th of the sightings reported by people. The majority of sightings, from years ago to this day, are still not explained, even after our black projects became unclassified. Now unclassified govornment aircraft cannot account for the vast majority of unexplained sightings. Even people who were aeronautics engineers, military test pilots, ect, have seen things they could not explain and which they effectively ruled out as not our own.

Also, it is incorrect to assume that msot UFO sightings take place near military instalations. Quite the oposite, very few unexplained sightings come from areas like this, as people in those areas are used to seeing unusual military craft in the skies.

Sightings have occured all over the world, and many occurred far from any military instalations. They have occured over major cities and in view of thousands of people.

The sightings of most intense interest are those that are made by qualified observers (military and civilian pilots, police officers, military personnel, scientists, politicans, educators, ect). These sightings also describe craft and maneuvers that in our current understanding of physics and mechanics are theoretically impossible. Even with our secret aircraft projects and technology, we cannot counteract efefcts of gravity and inertia. Many times, maneuvers described by witnesses of these craft would kill any human pilot of passenger onboard.

The UFO phenomenon is very complex, and even our most secret projects cannot come anywhere near close to describing these things.

Foo fighters were not only seen by the Allies, but German and Japanese military personnel also reported them, and after the war, we discovered they were as concerned as we were about them. I highly doubt the whole phenomenon can be written off as nerves or ball lightning. The reports, especially those seen by multiple witnesses are hard to discount as hallucinations, since many people saw them, and descriptions of metalic disks, spheres, and cigars that paced planes, changed direction, ect, are hard to dismiss as St Elmo's fire or ball lightning.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi

.....--> Even with our secret aircraft projects and technology, we cannot counteract efefcts of gravity and inertia. Many times, maneuvers described by witnesses of these craft would kill any human pilot of passenger onboard.

....-->>>hard to dismiss as St Elmo's fire or ball lightning.

JudahMaccabbi-->
lots of sightings?? in American SouthWest.....maybe its just the spill-over from all the Mexican sightings flap.

~~~~~~~~

Skadi...i wonder, if it were feasible--- could a pilot immersed in liquid water
be capable of performing pilot duties and remain alert & have situational-awareness even when velocities and acute maneuvers exceed, lets say, 10X Gravity??? (seeing as how water or liquids cannot be compressed, and the submerged person is therefore in a seperate & unique environment...)

Skadi...#2-->isn't ball lightning a PLAZMA...and in-the-know scientists & engineers cannot predict Plazma behavior/activity/or interaction with natural phenomena...
and attempts to create Plazma at will & experiment with it is a hit-or-miss proposition.?
Plasma/Plazma is a mysterious state of matter-energy, eh?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It depends, St Udio, on alot of things. Theorhetically, being imersed in some sort of liquid would buffer the effects of acceleration and G force on the human body. The govornment has studied it and performed tests involving this concept, mainly for the space program. However, this concept was far from even the drawing board back in the 1940's and 1950's, and in the 60's on, it has still remained in the lab stage. To be immersed in liquid, plus be fully aware and awake and capable of of piloting a craft performing even the most basic of maneuvers, however, is still a long way off. It isnt even used in the space program yet. And certainly, for a pilot to be able to be immersed in liquid and perform the complex mind boggling maneuvers and activities associated with many UFO sightings, thats a VERY long way off. Not impossible, but something that is many years ahead of what we are capable of now. And certainly beyond anything available in the 40's and 50's.

As to plasmas, I find it very amusing that scientists who refuse to believe interstellar travel or alien life possible, yet ascribe so much faith in a phenomenon that cannot be created in a lab, (at least last time I checked, technology outpaces my ability to keep up sometimes, so I could be outdated there) and is still, for the most part, theoretical in nature. They do not understand plasma, yet carelessly slap it on for explainations of everything. However, a few physistis Ive heard speak about the subject agree that plasma have all agreed that plasma needs an outside source of electricity to light up and glow, a large power source, much more than what a plane can provide. Also, I am yet to hear any good solid explaination as to how plasmas would appear to be solid, metalic structured craft.

As to southwest sightings, they have been going on long before the Mexican flap. WAAAYYY longer.

new topics

top topics

join