It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 big predictions for 2005--2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
(1) Some strong evidence would be found out that Bin Laden had been dead in 2003 before, but 40% American believe he is alive. That is what we called heebie-jeebies, it has strongly impacted the common life,it owes much to Bush、Ramsfield、and Rice .

(2) President Bush would enconter a series of horrible assasinate , one of them will hit the goal, but to be or not to be ?It's a question couldn't be predicted.

(3) US Army's death in Iraq would mount up to over 5000, If Bush doesn't withdraw the army before it comes over 3000, we can say ,this government would become the madest one in US history.

(4) A new dictator would come out , He rules over a country named IRAQ. Do not nourish a highly expectation to this country, it's a land of obscuration, democracy wouldn't change it so qiuckly.

(5) North Korea authority collapsed,kim would die in internal mess,a new ruling group would rule this country . They are pro-China group .Some secret document shows that Kim is a pro-US leader ,if the US gov shows a little goodwill years ago, something would greatly change.

(6) Japan grows up to be a super power , in an overnight, it prduced a large、strong nuclear weapon depot, and begin to challege US in world. American has been taught a lesson again, because they forget what happened in Iraq、afganistan in cold war period.

(7) The oil price would asend to 100 $ ,and then fall to 25$ ,because The US gov decide to empolder new energy , this kind of energy is inexaustible . EU and China ,including Japan cooperate with each other ,and Islamic world becomes poor area slowly.

(8) Russia would split over 20 countries, like what happened in 1990, to the Soviet Union. These small sized state would become rich, entered EU and NATO one after another,.When members of NATO exceed to 50,it will disjoint quickly.

(9) China steps into a road to democracy, but it is not an easy job,to change the fate of 25% population in this star, it is a very dangerous mission to anyone in per se .

(10) Microsoft would gone to bankcruptcy. Longhorn would be its waterloo. Its maket share would fall to 5% ,the reason is verified, state security is a main one.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by gejia021]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Are these your predictions? If not, whose are they? Also, where are the other 7...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gejia021
(3) US Army's death in Iraq would mount up to over 5000, If Bush doesn't withdraw the army before it comes over 3000, we can say ,this government would become the madest one in US history.

At the rate it's going now, that will take well over the three years Bush has left in office.

How long do you expect the Iraqis to remain unorganized anyway?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
what happened to the other 7 predictions ??

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
sorry my English is not so good ,it is predicetion,not predict.

I think Iraq would quickly to be orgnized , if the US Army withdraw. But I can surely tell you , a new dictator cruel than sadam hussen would come forth.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

ok, but what happened to the other predictions ??

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hi Gejia,

why do you predict these things ?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
predict is only predict , tou cannot regard it as real, it's only my sense of feel.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That's alright, there's people on this forum for whom English is a first language, and they butcher it like nobody's business.

You need to spit out the rest of the predictions, or is this supposed to be done by piecemeal?

Do you see a Super Bowl in the Texans' future?

Peace

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
(6) Japan grows up to be a super power , in an overnight, it prduced a large、strong nuclear weapon depot, and begin to challege US in world. American has been taught a lesson again, because they forget what happened in Iraq、afganistan in cold war period.

i don't belivied so, japan won't turn their back on us, besides what would they gain from this? revenge?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
ulshadow is right; Japan will not become a superpower in the sense that America is a superpower. Economically, it already is a superpower. Also, give it 40-50 years China will become a superpower, which is a good thing. It will create a multipolar world and lift a lot of strain off of the U.S. Iraq will take more than just 3 years for it to be stable, more like 7-10 years.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

i don't belivied so, japan won't turn their back on us, besides what would they gain from this? revenge?

It is something about culture ,you don't know much about their national character . China in Tang Dynasty ,about 618--907 AD ,is the strongest country in the world, Japan's attitude to China like what he do to US now, but when China declined ,what japan done to China ?

This is a nation who bully the weak and fear the strong, the only way to make it a peace country is always stronger than it.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't be that suprised if Japan goes nuclear, especially if the Chinese adopt an overly agressive posture towards them. I would be very suprised however if the US/Japanese alliance falls apart. Neither side has anything to gain from it, and each side a lot to lose. Japan is one of the US's closest allies, in some ways as close as the UK. US/Japanese naval cooperation is vital for the US in the Pacific, note that Japan is the only foreign nation that homeports a US CVBG. The Japanese military may be defensive in nature, but the JMSDF is one of the most powerful and modern navies on the planet.

On top of that, there seems to be little hostility towards the US in Japan, apart from some far right fringe elements. If there are any Gaijin the Japanese people seem to be at ease with, it's Americans. I think this has a lot to do with the nature of the occupation of Japan after WW2. The Japanese expected to be enslaved and humiliated, instead the US (thanks to Marshall and MacArthur) helped them to rebuild their country and become a prosperous and peaceful world power.

Similarly in the US, there is little or no hostility towards Japan. Quite the opposite if the younger generation is considered. My friend's son is a huge anime fan and loves Japan nearly to the point of obsessiveness, anything Japanese is to him cool and modern and high tech and worship-worthy

All he talks about is going there, to him Japan is the future, and the thousands of kids I see at anime conventions all seem to agree.

There is certainly no appetite for a rematch with Japan, arguably the toughest opponent the US has ever had to fight. The First Battle Of Savo Island is the only time in modern history the USN got it's a$$ handed to it in a straight-up fight, I don't think it's something we'd like to repeat.

We're much better off having Japan as an ally than an enemy, and I don't see the US doing anything to jeapordize this relationship in the forseeable future, no matter how dumb our leadership is.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by xmotex]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Gejia021 says:

I come from China .If you have any question about my land ,please ask me ,I will also do it

When are you going to allow the enslaved people of Tibet to go free?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I wouldn't be that suprised if Japan goes nuclear, especially if the Chinese adopt an overly agressive posture towards them. I would be very suprised however if the US/Japanese alliance falls apart. Neither side has anything to gain from it, and each side a lot to lose. Japan is one of the US's closest allies, in some ways as close as the UK. US/Japanese naval cooperation is vital for the US in the Pacific, note that Japan is the only foreign nation that homeports a US CVBG. The Japanese military may be defensive in nature, but the JMSDF is one of the most powerful and modern navies on the planet.

On top of that, there seems to be little hostility towards the US in Japan, apart from some far right fringe elements. If there are any Gaijin the Japanese people seem to be at ease with, it's Americans. I think this has a lot to do with the nature of the occupation of Japan after WW2. The Japanese expected to be enslaved and humiliated, instead the US (thanks to Marshall and MacArthur) helped them to rebuild their country and become a prosperous and peaceful world power.

Similarly in the US, there is little or no hostility towards Japan. Quite the opposite if the younger generation is considered. My friend's son is a huge anime fan and loves Japan nearly to the point of obsessiveness, anything Japanese is to him cool and modern and high tech and worship-worthy

All he talks about is going there, to him Japan is the future, and the thousands of kids I see at anime conventions all seem to agree.

There is certainly no appetite for a rematch with Japan, arguably the toughest opponent the US has ever had to fight. The First Battle Of Savo Island is the only time in modern history the USN got it's a$$ handed to it in a straight-up fight, I don't think it's something we'd like to repeat.

We're much better off having Japan as an ally than an enemy, and I don't see the US doing anything to jeapordize this relationship in the forseeable future, no matter how dumb our leadership is.

what you said is partly right . Japan is a smiling nation ,but not always smile. I want to say , the real peace country in the world is China .but our communist gov has some agrresive nature .
Japan nation has a conjuncture consciousness, this is diffrent form UK. Japanese believes in theory of revolution , they think the best way to get their living space is to take others. Sometimes ,if we anlyse a nation,it's for real cannot according to interests . In the east asia ,we have our own culture and thinking method ,so different to the west world ,it is not so easy to summarize it by a single word "interest".

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Gejia021 says:

I come from China .If you have any question about my land ,please ask me ,I will also do it

When are you going to allow the enslaved people of Tibet to go free?

about in 30 years , but in Tibet ,Chinese population is the majority, Tibetan population is the minority, if they declare independence ,I don't know how about the Chinese in Tibet .
What you said "enslave",I cannot agree with you .From the ancient ,Tibetan always take less free than any other nation ,but now, they has the same free like Chinese .Certainly we chinese has much less free than American ,I know this is for real .
In Tibetan, there is few factory, it economically rely on China, the central gov gives it 50billion $ each year , other rich province also help them devolop .

Free is precious ,I love it .

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
gejia021, what are your country planing to do with taiwan? whats with the massive military build up by your government?

(8) Russia would split over 20 countries, like what happened in 1990, to the Soviet Union. These small sized state would become rich, entered EU and NATO one after another,.When members of NATO exceed to 50,it will disjoint quickly.
Intersing prediction.

(9) China steps into a road to democracy, but it is not an easy job,to change the fate of 25% population in this star, it is a very dangerous mission to anyone in per se .
I doubt it will happen unless china got a change of government and are pro democracy.

(10) Microsoft would gone to bankcruptcy. Longhorn would be its waterloo. Its maket share would fall to 5% ,the reason is verified, state security is a main one.
Hope so, Microsoft have so much bugs! but most of my games only work on Microsoft lol

[edit on 2-5-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Japanese believes in theory of revolution , they think the best way to get their living space is to take others.

This may have been true in the past, but I do not think it is true anymore.
For the last 60 years Japan has been peaceful, and also more prosperous than ever. When they tried imperial expansion, it ended up with their cities burned to the ground, their military defeated, and their country occupied by a foreign power for the first time.

For the last six decades, they have renounced the use of force, and turned their attentions to peaceful trade. It has made them one of the greatest economic powers on the planet.

Given Japan's brutal treatment of the Chinese in WW2, I guess it's easy to see how a Chinese person could see the Japanese is being somehow inherently imperialist brutal monsters. But they are simply human beings like the rest of us. What Japan did in WW2 it did under the rule of a brutal fascist regime.

The Japan of today is very different, and I do not think it represents a threat to the US, China, or anyone else. The Japanese that I have talked to are keenly aware of the terrible impact that WW2 militarism had on their country, and are proud that their country has renounced the imperialism of the past.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
gejia021, what are your country planing to do with taiwan? whats with the massive military build up by your government?

Intersing prediction.

I doubt it will happen unless china got a change of government and are pro democracy.

Hope so, Microsoft have so much bugs! but most of my games only work on Microsoft lol

[edit on 2-5-2005 by ulshadow]

Taiwan to China ,like Hawaii to US, Gibroltar to UK, the differnce is Hawaii and Gibroltar been once other country's territory,but Taiwan is a part of China from ancient.
The Taiwanese are made use of by the politician, in fact most of Taiwannese admit themselve as Chinese, they don't want to declare independence ,also don't want to unify with China,because our gov isn't a democratic one .
our gov don't want to take military method to Taiwan ,the socalled military threaten is only a pressure to some politician ,not real .
our Army is a very large one, 2.5million, but we have a population of 13billion , I think ,alarge sized army is necesery. our security based on ouselves, if Japan invade China ,we cannot expect US would help us . We have get much lessons from history ,see what happened in 1895 and 1937,you will understand why we have a massive military.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Taiwan to China ,like Hawaii to US, Gibroltar to UK, the differnce is Hawaii and Gibroltar been once other country's territory,but Taiwan is a part of China from ancient.
The Taiwanese are made use of by the politician, in fact most of Taiwannese admit themselve as Chinese, they don't want to declare independence ,also don't want to unify with China,because our gov isn't a democratic one .
our gov don't want to take military method to Taiwan ,the socalled military threaten is only a pressure to some politician ,not real .
our Army is a very large one, 2.5million, but we have a population of 13billion , I think ,alarge sized army is necesery. our security based on ouselves, if Japan invade China ,we cannot expect US would help us . We have get much lessons from history ,see what happened in 1895 and 1937,you will understand why we have a massive military.

I think US did help you when japan invades china in WW3, infact i was sure there was a fighter group there before japan attack us. or am i wrong?

new topics

top topics

join