It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independence Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I find it a little disturbing at how much they are showing this movie lately (and other movies of the alien invasion type on Sci-Fi Channel).

Don't get me wrong I like the movies but I read on this board last year that this would be part of the Disclosure project about the existence of aliens by our government to desensitize the public.

Then last week White house got buzzed by a possible UFO (or was it a cloud or flock of birds I forget).

Any comments?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think it's a lead in to get everyone all lathered up for War of the Worlds. That being said, I do think there's something more meaningful behind both of these movies.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So your saying its not more then a promo for the new "War of th Worlds"?

I guess I can see where you can see that. It kind of makes sense.

But this movie and other documentary's on History channel that have going back over the last year or two lead me to believe otherwise.

I am probably just paranoid.

Thanks for your point of view.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Or you could theorize that the Government is getting ready to let us know that aliens are real and that they are here on earth... and to get the public ready they are requesting that all these alien type movies get shown.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I doubt there is any "meaning" in the Independence Day flick. While I enjoyed it (despite plot holes that one could drive a Mack truck thru
), if you had ever seen the movie previously done by Emmerich, and the loose basis for it, you'd laugh that thought right out of consideration...

I'm pretty sure it's more War of the Worlds buildup....

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I doubt there is any "meaning" in the Independence Day flick. While I enjoyed it (despite plot holes that one could drive a Mack truck thru
), if you had ever seen the movie previously done by Emmerich, and the loose basis for it, you'd laugh that thought right out of consideration...

I'm pretty sure it's more War of the Worlds buildup....

Let me clarify. By "meaning" I meant that it was made to possibly create more of an an 'us against them' mentality for the public. I personally believe that the government and military have been in bed with Hollywood forever and they know that through movies they can sway the masses. It's just logical.

Peace

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Unless most of the information we already have about ETs is wrong, I don't thing any movie currently made would be worth using to prime the public for disclosure. Perhaps CE3K, but I don't think the government would be trying to acclimate us through an invasion flick. If we're going to be invaded, then they wouldn't take the time to get us ready; they would just tell us what's going on and that they have it under control (whether they do or not.) They wouldn't want us to be looking at movies like ID or Aliens; when we'd start thinking about how the aliens in those movies kicked the crap out of us (regardless of the endings) the mass hysteria would make any three historical riots combined look like a cat fight in a bar on a sober Monday night.

If they're trying to prep us for contact on a "social" basis, they wouldn't want to get us all riled up and ready to start swinging at our new friends. We'd see more movies that are depicting aliens as friendly, intelligent humanoids who are trying to help. They would probably leave out any type of coverup issues, maybe even play off of some of the better known cases such as Roswell (I can picture a scene with an alien saying "No, it really was a weather balloon, but we did fly by...") Then "Disclosure" would happen as portraying the government to be as astounded as we are. They'd admit they knew a little ahead of time, and debated on whether or not to release it, but they felt they shouldn't hold it from the public any longer. It'd be a PR bonanza, and would probably even get Bush (or whomever is in office at the time) re-elected regardless of the Constitution.

Okay, those are my thoughts on the subject at least
Might have strayed a little from the topic, but I hope it gels well enough for you guys.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
Or you could theorize that the Government is getting ready to let us know that aliens are real and that they are here on earth... and to get the public ready they are requesting that all these alien type movies get shown.

This is what I am thinking too.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My thing is if the Government had influence on Hollywood, and say they saw the warning signs of an impending invasion (maybe the aliens are just "explorers" like the Spanish and English were to the Native American Indians and we are afraid that once they get here the will just take over).

So they make these movies to instruct the public to fight back in case the World Governments lose communication with the normal population.

I am just throwing out Ideas here i am not that paranoid, but you never know.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 2-5-2005 by bpletcj]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You'll know we're heading towards disclosure when NASA holds a press conference to announce finding and confirming fossilized microbes on an extraterrestrial planet or moon. For any thinking of the old Mars meteor, remember that the results were officially "inconclusive" (likely due to not being able to rule out terrestrial contamination after impact through fissures in the rock, etc.). I'm talking about a rover recovering such fossil examples in the field and at the source, thus completely ruling out an Earthly origin and PROVING ET life, at least of a microscopic scale.

Then, we'll likely see things move a little quicker, but I doubt they will just up and one day go "Hey, check this out"....

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Lol. Can't wait until the day they finally disclose it though (if they do).

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Maybe with a little imagination, we could turn this 'alien' thing around.

Since the launch of Sputnik, we've (the terrestrial humans) have sent space craft to every major planet in the Solar System, landed on Venus, Mars, the Moon and even an asteroid.

Recently landed on the satellite Titan with projects of flying past Pluto and landing on a comet to bring specimens back to Earth. No. It's not a big thing. Just another step in the space exploration evolution.

With the Pioneer spacecrafts well on their way to intergalactic space (I believe they're still within the confines of the Solar Systems influence), it seems to me that WE'RE going to end up being the ALIENS on a distant terrestrial planet, making US the BAD-GUYS!

You know? We could very well be the aliens on this planet. Just a long time ago, 'we' had to kill off the dinosaurs and make the planet habitable for US.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i didnt know that "we" killed the dinosaurs

i thought they died from mass extinction caused by natural catastrophy?

i think MCory1
makes an excellent point
the gov't probably will play it all off like that
pretending there was no massive cover up
they are always like that

i didnt think of it that way
great thought

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Too bad that it's the only recent film taht they have in store for using as propaganda... what a terrible alien invasion film it was! Supposed to be a scary sci-fi flick about aliens invading the planet and it turned out to be a watered-down flick with huge unecessary fire explosions and Will Smith stupid jokes.

I hope War of the Worlds will be at least respectable in the same domain, for if it's jsut about propaganda, I'd prefer good propaganda rather than propaganda for 6 years-old.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I must say this, explorers idea is just wonderful and we did the same recently in Americas and over the world, Columbo, Magelan, Cook, *spelling*, so if aliens are a little like us, and I have reasons to believe they are, they wouldn't fly huge invasion fleet without knowing what is there and what scale of resistance to expect, so if we are seeing or not seeing those reckon ships, fleet has some time to build and come they have some plans to make and what to do when they come, and if we continue to arm they will attack soon, so that we don't have time to defend. But we have to prepare to defend in every way, but fro mthe sky, Ithink they wouldn't come down before they wreck our army, industry etc, and then only they will occupy Earth. If we defend fiecely maybe we buy some time but they will win it seems whatever we do.
Aliens are very mean and dangerous, if they come they will conquer, basicaly the same as we would do to them if we be stronger.
I thin kthey will attack within this generation, and most of you on the forum will live long enough to see the invasion, government probably guess something on the basic evidence they got, public better not to know because it is just not ready or productive enough in that case. Mass panic, crime and suicides are to be expected in the case people believe such things.
Of course it was needed some time to evolve this idea for the human to accept, because in the 40s or prior to WW II, people would like to think these aliens are maybe a little stronger then us, or with some blasers, fasers, and lasers or electric guns, but now we can imagine what would be like that far advanced civilization and not peacefull would come, independece day, but worser. We just couldn't imagine danger in which we are, and I can't see how we can defend, all our starfleet is bunch of rubish.
On the contrary we stopped all space programs, or keep them on the minimum not wise not wise. Saving the whales, in this hard times when civilization is totaly open to attack from the sky, we must put more money in this way and manpower, too. But surrender is something our government is up to as clever solution, and they will bribe those aliens with human resources if necesary to stay on power.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So as a world we should do a lot more in the way of space weaponry, not to fight against ourselves but against an impending attack.

Until we know what we are up against we seem to be doing nothing.

top topics

join