It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMMMAAARRRR!!!!! It won't work!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Look, I tried to get an avatar up. It won't work! could someone either U2U me instructions on how or post it on this subject please. I have a great picture in a folder that I want to use, but can't. Why? Because the avatar won't find the whatever.

Please, I am begging you! HELP ME!! HHHHEEEEEELLLLPPPPP MMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!(the fly)

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

[Edited on 7-29-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Click the upload button on the tool bar and upload it to the ats server. Then use that url to put in your avatar box.

Although I am not sure you can upload a bit map, you may have to convert it to a jpeg or a gif...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You cant upload a bitmap. Convert it to a jpeg or a gif first.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
For the love of your favorite Deity.

I just came from another post where sicodudet was developing a rage-on and was last seen saying "Please Help Me" in desperation.

I had hassles first getting my avatar up. Then I had hassles trying to dsiplay graphics in posts.

But all the advice necessary is buried in the annals of ATS recorded history.

Maybe the instructions in the Help page need to be expanded... which, as I look up and try to remind myself, must be covered under 'FAQ'.

An overhaul of FAQ/Help might be helpful as time allows, to avoid flies being trapped in the web of avatar instruction and being eaten by the eight-legged avatar monster.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I agree about expanding the FAQ in general for those of us who are pre-PC disoriented.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok...... what is bit/jpeg/so forth? I am computer illiterate.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
JTL, easy. You cannot load a file such as James.bmp. You can load one such as James.jpg, James.jpeg, or James.gif.

new topics

top topics

join