It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah warns U.S. needs punch in mouth!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's
how so many people were offended by what the Ayatollah said, despite the fact it's the U.S. that causes the most carnage, death, and suffering throughout the world with our unparalleled political and military force.

I dunno, perhaps the tongue is truly more powerful?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by Siroos

Couldn't agree with him any more. The U.S. is all that he said, and it does deserve a punch when it violates the rights of other countries and bullies the world as it does. It's surprising to me that people should find what Khemenei said as odd or radical. I think that at the present 95% of the world would agree with him.

Nah.

Can I see the data your basing this on? What census did you refference to get that 95%?

Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time on you and look up statistics. All you need to do for heaven's sake is to buy a ticket and travel to Europe or around the world if you can afford to, and you'll see what I mean! In a recent survey in Europe when asked what country is the biggest threat to world peace today, 86% answered the U.S.! Unfortunately I don't have any links right now, but will be happy to refer you to it if I find it. The U.S. has NEVER ever in its history been so unpopular and even despised as it is today.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
It's
how so many people were offended by what the Ayatollah said, despite the fact it's the U.S. that causes the most carnage, death, and suffering throughout the world with our unparalleled political and military force.

I dunno, perhaps the tongue is truly more powerful?

Yes exactly! Couldn't agre with you more. What's more important action or words? Which one makes more damage?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Looks like the Ayatollah might have a point. Would've been better if he referred specifically to the U.S. government.

Well, that is what he meant, but unfortunately in politics the use of the country's name is more often used instead of specifying the government - This is an unfortunate practice everywhere. Several of Iran's leaders have many times made it clear that their opposition is not directed at the American nation, but against the government. President Khatami and former President Rafsanjani have even expressed their admiration and respect for the constitution of the U.S. and for the founding fathers of the U.S., as well as for the many great achievements of the U.S.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
well , the Ayatollah can say whatever he wants its a free country, wait a minute, argh.

here is the thing - and I can say this with utmost certainty, there are those that indeed may deserve a punch in the mouth, the question then is who has the cajones to deliver the blow? A punch in the mouth rarely ends a fight, in my experiences it seems to rather exascerbate the situation.

Go ahead Iran .... take your best shot, we''ll even close our eyes and let you hit us first, but beware because if you dont knock us out , we will hit you back and unfortunately for you we know how to fight

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As I see it not every country in the world deserves to have a nuclear program, weather it be for the use of warfare or energy purposes. It should be a privilege, earned, not something that you think you deserve. Not every country has the self control to handel it.

-Dagger

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
As I see it not every country in the world deserves to have a nuclear program, weather it be for the use of warfare or energy purposes. It should be a privilege, earned, not something that you think you deserve. Not every country has the self control to handel it.

-Dagger

Well said!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

-Dagger

But isnt that just double standards? It would seem that in a country that prides itself on freedom of individuality, that this double standard would be frowned upon.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

-Dagger

Isnt it amazing how many people that wring their hands hysterically at the thought of their neighbor owning a .22 that think that any madman that can seize control of a country should be allowed nuclear missiles?

I guess its ok for any one to have a Nuke but God help us all if someone has a pistol to protect himself from a intruder or worse.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The only one who deserves the punch in mouth is Iran. Remeber they were those ones who held hostages from the embassy for 2 years against all customs and humiliated the whole US and Carter administration. This was the only one country (other ones at least try some cover ups) who clearly used teroristic methods (aka holding hostages). And now such country should have nukes?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Its equally amazing that there are people who believe that any madman should have the constitutional right to own heavy machineguns to defend themselves from governmental aggression. Yet these people also believe that another country shouldnt have weapons capable of defending themselves from that same government. The argument unfortunately runs both ways.

Its one thing to say that certain nations arent "responsible" enough to own nukes. Its quite another thing to enforce that opinion. Who's going to decide which countries are responsible enough to own nukes? Would you be as equally supportive of such interference if due to some hypothetical act of agression on the US's part the rest of the world decided the US was no longer responsible enough to have nuclear capabilities? Then gathered together an international coalition to "disarm us"? No I'm pretty sure most of you would start complaining about US sovereignty and our right to defend ourselves from foreign aggression.

By the way if the government right now was a person I'd do a lot worse then punch it in the mouth. Nobody sell's my freedoms as as American to the highest bidder without a fight!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Well if we deserve a punch, they deserve to be run down a Dispose-All.

I can't wait until they're shown a lesson.

Exactly how I and many others in the world feel in regards to the U.S. hawks and bullies. It is the U.S. who needs to be taught a lesson - You've got everything backwards. I mean it' simple math! The U.S. has no business in our region - Can't you get that? The U.S. does not belong there. you can't expect a burglar to break in to other peoples' homes, kill those who live there, occupy their home and steal their belongings and then be surprised and shocked that the rightful owners of those homes want to give the burglar a punch in the face!

And plaese do not respond back with the "war on terror" bs! Intelligent people do not buy such bogus, and I am intelligent, without wanting to boast about it. If the U.S. really wants to fight terror, then it needs to go after the Al Qaida, the Saudis and Pakistan, and it should definitely refrain from supporting terrorist groups like the MEK which is on the U.S. state department's list of terrorist groups! The U.S. wants terrorism, it needs terrorism, and it thrives on terrorism so that it can implement its vicious plans around the world.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alias Jones
well , the Ayatollah can say whatever he wants its a free country, wait a minute, argh.

here is the thing - and I can say this with utmost certainty, there are those that indeed may deserve a punch in the mouth, the question then is who has the cajones to deliver the blow? A punch in the mouth rarely ends a fight, in my experiences it seems to rather exascerbate the situation.

Go ahead Iran .... take your best shot, we''ll even close our eyes and let you hit us first, but beware because if you dont knock us out , we will hit you back and unfortunately for you we know how to fight

Ayatollah Khamenei didn't specifically say or even imply that Iran was going to give the U.S. the big punch it deserves. All he said was that the U.S. deserved a big punch in the mouth for being such a bully, agressor, arrogant, or whatever else it was... It's a big difference! I'm convinced that the way the U.S. is going, they WILL get the big punch they deserve sooner or later, but it most probably won't be a pre-emptive punch. I think the U.S. like so many other super powers and empires in the past that became too arrogant, decadent, oppressive, corrupt, agressive and greedy will simply attack and/or invade one country too many, and that's going to be the turning point at which the U.S. will get the big punch and fall down from its super power status so that it no more will be able to bully its way around. You just wait and see - It will happen, and I have a very strong feeling that your tragic clown of a president, Bush jr, will be the man who will go into history known for having led the U.S. to its desmise.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Siroos]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

-Dagger

Yes, well, it happens to be the U.S. which is the ONLY country that has used it so far, and it has used it twice. Who is going to be the judge of who can and who can't have nuclear technology though? I mean obviously there are some people who think that the U.S. deserves to have it while Iran does not. But if we look at the facts:

it is the U.S. which has bombarded 24 countries after 1945!

It is the U.S. which has staged numerous coups and coup attempts around the world against democratically elected governments and leaders.

It is the U.S. which has assassinated numerous leaders and political figures, or attempted to assassinate them.

It is the U.S. which has supported terrorist/guerilla groups against various regimes, like with the Contras against the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua.

It is the U.S. which has shot down a civilian plane, killing 290 people, and then trying to cover up the story, and refusing to apologize to the victims or to pay them damages, although the International court of Justice concluded that the U.S. navy's actions in the Persian Gulf were unlawful and that the USS Vincennes was violating Iranian territorial waters at the time of the incident. (Former president Bush Sr. said in regards to the incident: "I don't care what the facts are - I'm not going to apologize for nothing on behalf of the U.S.!" in the spirit of a real arrogant cowboy bully.

It is the U.S. which refuses to sign the treaty for the International War Crimes Tribunal.

It is the U.S. which refuses to sign the Kyoto treaty for confronting global warming.

It is the U.S. which refuses the U.N. and the IAEA access to its nuclear arsenals and nuclear programme.

It is the U.S. which vetoes the U.N.'s demands to access and investigate the Israeli nuclear sites.

It is the U.S. which supports repressive regimes like Saddam Hussein's regime, the Saudi regime, the Kuwaiti regime, the regime of the Shah while it benefitted them, the juntas of Latin America, like Pinochet, etc, etc.... It is the U.S. that engages in drug trafficking.

It is the U.S. which supports the countries that are the REAL backers of the most radical and dangerous terrorists, like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Iran supports the Hamas and Hezbollah in Lebanon, but one can argue that these organizations are not as much terrorist organizations as they are national resistance and guerilla organizations against a brutal occupying power, Israel. Other than that, Iran has not engaged in any terrorist attacks, any invasions or occupations, drug-trafficking or wars on other countries. Neither has Iran attempted to stage coups or topple other countries' regimes.

So who is going to be the judge of who can and can't have nuclear technology?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
The only one who deserves the punch in mouth is Iran. Remeber they were those ones who held hostages from the embassy for 2 years against all customs and humiliated the whole US and Carter administration. This was the only one country (other ones at least try some cover ups) who clearly used teroristic methods (aka holding hostages). And now such country should have nukes?

No, no, no, Don't even go there! It was NOT the Iranian government that took the hostages, but radical student groups. Iran had just gone through a major revolution, and chaos was ruling everywhere. I was there and saw and experienced it all. Different revolutionary groups were fighting each other for control over the power apparatus. The group called "The Line of the Emam" were one of the major groups involved in the hostage taking, and the other one was the MEK, which your government now supports!

What is more interesting though is that these groups waited all along to release the hostages until RIGHT AFTER THE ELECTIONS that won president Reagan the office! Is that just another famous American "coincident"? Ohhh, you people...... If you only knew all the dirty tricks and games your government played and plays behind your gullable heads...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sirros, I agree with you and I am a proud American. We have supported so many regimes that benefited us economically and at the same time they repressed their population. I strongly agree that it is ok for yall to have nuclear technology. I use that word technology because yall have repeatedly said it would be used for energy and not weapons.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix13
Sirros, I agree with you and I am a proud American. We have supported so many regimes that benefited us economically and at the same time they repressed their population. I strongly agree that it is ok for yall to have nuclear technology. I use that word technology because yall have repeatedly said it would be used for energy and not weapons.

If they want to have nuclear plants for civilian purposes they could use special reactors not able to produce material for nukes. Instead they are building facilities able to produce enriched uran and plutonium - only the stupid people still believe they don't want to have bombs.

Anyway another reason why Iran should not have nukes :

"If Iran did acquire atomic bombs, it would put pressure on other countries in the region do the same. Many Arab countries believe it is unfair that Israel has nuclear weapons. If Arab countries, notably Saudi Arabia but also Egypt and possibly Syria, found themselves caught between a nuclear-armed Israel and a nuclear-armed Iran, it would greatly increase pressures to pursue their own nuclear options. This could result in a regional arms race in the Middle East which is likely to be quite destabilizing, given the number and intensity of conflicts and instabilities in the region."

BTW I don't understand how can someone claim the Iran has "right" to have nukes. There are no "rights" in international policy. And the statements like Iran is no threat to the US? Well Iraq was also no threat to the US in 1982 when they build their Osirak facility. Has someone thought what would happen if Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990 with nukes in their arsenal as backup? I say Thank God that Israelies had the guts to bomb the Osirak to the dust although they recieved harsh words form the Reagan administration for that action. In fact Israelies who acted quickly saved Iran, Kuwait and maybe also SA , otherwise they would be today just Iraq provinces under the great emperor Sadam.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by longbow]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Siroos, i think everyone would appreciate if you would get that iraqi transvestite
you have as an avatar off my screen.(just a suggestion). and stop america bashing and making excuses for radical regimes.

Kidfinger, your no better, you sit in louisville and make i hate america statements,i think this is rude and arrogant. If you enjoy their country so much go live there, I'd love to see how long you last.
I dont live that far away, i'll come down and put my boot in your "arse"
. thank you, im here all week!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It is to be hoped that the nuclear potential of Iran is to be used in precisely the manner they themselves outline.
I don't know what in their estimation consitutes the 'punch in the mouth' they feel should be adminstered to the US.
The result will however be an America with a bleeding lip poised over the inert cadaver of Iran.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone

Kidfinger, your no better, you sit in louisville and make i hate america statements,i think this is rude and arrogant.

Not once have I EVER said I hate America. Not once. You are arrogance and assumption in its purist form.

If you enjoy their country so much go live there, I'd love to see how long you last.

And why should I? I LOVE my country. I HATE the administration running it. Any questions?

I dont live that far away, i'll come down and put my boot in your "arse"
. thank you, im here all week!

Well, threats from the peanut gallery. If you feel the need, send me a u2u, and then I will send you my home address and be waiting with bells on.

Bush must have let his bullies loose

[edit on 5/2/05 by Kidfinger]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join