It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Dimensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just read the thread about what's been going on at Valhall's house and got me all thinking.
Do you believe the existance of Parallel Dimension. The same you, doing possibly the same thing but not in this dimension or this universe.
I always think that there is another me in another dimension/universe doing possibly the same thing.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by damefool]

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by damefool]

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
When we talk about parallel dimensions we are not speaking of an exact duplicate, but of near duplicate dimensions. For example, I have brown hair in this dimension so in other parallel dimensions my hair might be tan, black, blond. If I am right handed here, other dimensions I may be left handed. Near duplicate, but not exactly the same.

Scientists have now confirmed the existence of at least eleven other dimensions. We have taught that the spirits of the dead exist within their own dimension that is the nearest to ours. Accounts of spirits or ghosts walking through walls instead of the doorway perhaps is because in their dimension, the wall is a hallway or doorway, but in our dimension it is a wall. Spirits tend to create the reality they live within which often overlaps into our dimension.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Don't know, DF, but I always liked the show, "Sliders."

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sliders?....dun think I've seen it.

Anyways

In our universe, there are three spatial dimensions -- up-down, forward-backward and left-right -- and one dimension of time, all of which are endless in measure. Scientist suggest there may be other dimensions that the human brain isn't programmed to see. Unlike known dimensions, these parallel dimensions would be limited in size, probably only a millimeter in diameter. If more than two of these dimensions exist, they could be even smaller. According to this theory, our world rests on a membrane, or wall, that exists in a higher-dimensional space, and these new dimensions are contained within this membrane.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Anyone got more info on the subject?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
Anyone got more info on the subject?

==========================================

of course I do, it is called String Theory Physics, look on the www.
historically speaking the theory evolved around the Philedelphia Experiment in 1942? then went totally out of control at Montauk, L.I.,N.Y. in the early 80's and was buried by the Naval Research Institute. Further exposure of research since then has been minimal. Involves time travel, soul transfer, and other wierd crap!

good luck

tut

new topics

top topics

join