It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remeber Vietnam? Agent Orange a warcrime!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That photo came from here:

www.countryworks.com...

Google Search

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

As for Vietnam's claims against the US, well, maybe we have some unfinished business in Southeast Asia. Until we can address that matter, maybe a trade embargo would suit their agenda.

[edit on 05/5/14 by GradyPhilpott]

It doesn't matter, they were just little yellow people, not americans.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

As for Vietnam's claims against the US, well, maybe we have some unfinished business in Southeast Asia. Until we can address that matter, maybe a trade embargo would suit their agenda.

How would an embargo help either the US or Vietnam, in the context of agent orange? The only possible benefactor would be the US shrimp industry.

-koji K.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks so much Grady!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The pleasure is all mine. The way knuckleheads wear their pants these days, Stringbean came immediately to mind.

There really is nothing new under the sun, I guess.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Warfare is a hazardous enterprise. The only truly important factor with regard to defoliants in Vietnam is how many American and South Vietnamese lives did its use save during the war. Perhaps, next time we fight a war in a jungle, we will have other means or priorities, but at the time, our leaders made the decisions that needed to be made given the circumstances.

Admiral Elmo Zumwalt, who approved the use of defoliants in the Mekong Delta, had a son who died of cancer both believed to be the result of defoliant exposure. Both agreed that the elder Zumwalt's decision was the correct one to make at the time. The ones who are doing the most whining about it here are long-time, chronic America bashers who troll the internet for anything controversial to post about the US. Failing that they just whine.

Grady, that post was assinine, even for you. It seems like the gov't is becoming like the Vatican, no mistakes are ever[/] made.

I worked with a VN Mechanic at my last job. He had plenty to say about AO, none of it was pleasant.

As for unfinished business, you want it? Then if it happens, I hope you're right up front, signing up to partake of what you seem to want.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Any opinion I post is asinine to you, intrepid. I served in Vietnam and was exposed to Agent Orange and other defoliants. I don't claim to speak for all veterans of the war in Vietnam, but my opinion is at least based on personal experience and I have to live with the risks. I'm proud to have served in Vietnam and I proudly bear the scars and gladly accept the risks.

Didn't you ever hear of excessive quoting?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Any opinion I post is asinine to you, intrepid. I served in Vietnam and was exposed to Agent Orange and other defoliants. I don't claim to speak for all veterans of the war in Vietnam, but my opinion is at least based on personal experience and I have to live with the risks. I'm proud to have served in Vietnam and I proudly bear the scars and gladly accept the risks.

What about the people who didn't gladly accept the risks?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Yes I have, especially when pointing out ignorance.

I've heard of 1 liners too. D'oh, looks like I just screwed that up.

Glad to hear you've got experience in what you post. Are you discounting that VN man that lived there before you served there? I think his experience would be more broad as it was his country that was change by another.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Do you remember for whom we fought that war? Have you sat down with a Vietnamese lately and discussed the effects of communism on Vietnam. The effects of Agent Orange pale in comparison to the millions murdered by communists.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Do you remember for whom we fought that war? Have you sat down with a Vietnamese lately and discussed the effects of communism on Vietnam. The effects of Agent Orange pale in comparison to the millions murdered by communists.

You can't be serious, if so then brain washed. He was 9 when you and the Soviet Union brought your pissing contest to his country. Damn, I'd hate to have to try and grow anything to sustain my family on land that still won't produce. I think the Cold War pales into insignificance compared to that. Think about that if your programming will allow.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I have. I was in Vietnam a few years ago for that express purpose. The ones in the South have fond memories of americans, many fought alongside them as I'm sure you know. The ones in the North were indifferent. None of them really cared much about the war, they cared more about their problems today, which include getting their economy off the beaten track and dealing with such issues as government corruption, and when asked, many thought the lasting effects of agent orange was a big problem. None of them seemed like brainwashed communists, and even the southerners said that while they had no love for the new regime their families that werent killed in fighting were allowed to live their lives, ruined though they may be. Some such as doctors and lawyers had to leave their jobs and become rickshaw drivers or such, but those who were just troops were left alone. Most importantly, all were proud to be Vietnamese. Not North Vietnamese or South Vietnamese, just Vietnamese. I was amazed at how far they've moved on since the war. They are an example to all who have suffered and made the decision not to live in the past.

I suppose you thought we fought the war for the Vietnamese, eh? Funny how it was also fought agaisnt the Vietnamese as well. Now that the US lost, you think it's OK to say, screw em, let them have their mutant babies, or some such? What happened to the helping them part?

-koji K.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by koji_K]

[edit on 15-5-2005 by koji_K]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Actually, I was talking more about the millions of Vietnamese who live here after having fled the communist slaughter and enslavement. But, koji, you know more than me, so I won't bother you with my opinions, which you already know.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What a blast from the past(hehe), now I remember why I don't engage you Grady, you ignore me when it doesn't work to your advantage.

BTW, that u2u I sent you last month that you deleted without reading was a compliment.

Sad. :shk:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I disengage because I stay in enough hot water, as it is.

I accidentally deleted several U2Us right after the new ATSNN feature came on line and I was inundated with U2Us. I am sincerely and deeply humbled by whatever compliment you may have paid me and apologize for any umbrage you might have taken.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

just a thought, but it would have been good if us and our friends across the water could have spent some of our hard earned tax money that they are using to help the people of Iraq, to help the Vietnamese, who of course they helped before, but this time, they could really help them - in the real sense of course. But, of course, it won't happen

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join