It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair promises new nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
BRITISH Prime Minister Tony Blair has decided to equip Britain with a new generation of deterrent nuclear weapons, to replace those currently deployed on Trident submarine

Link

"We have got to retain our nuclear deterrent. That decision is for another time," he told the BBC. "But I believe that is the right thing."

What will they use ?? & what will happen with the old ones

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This is not shocking news. Its about time we updated our nuclear arsenal. We the dangers we currently live in now, its only wise for us to update our arsenal to protect ourselves.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Infinite,

Another Labour waste of taxpayers money.

Spending billions on something we do not need.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

BRITISH Prime Minister Tony Blair has decided to equip Britain with a new generation of deterrent nuclear weapons, to replace those currently deployed on Trident submarine

Ah...that explains why Blair wants to build more nuclear power stations.

zero lift

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Bomb Britain.

Britain doesnt deserve Nuclear weapons. They have gotten their asses kicked in almost every war they have ever fought in.

Countries with a history like Britain definatly should not be allowed a Army, nevermind a Nuclear Arsenal.

US should launch preemptive attacks. What a sad country.

This message brought to you by your Lord. Now report to me your women and money and kiss my ring. You are all my peons. You are not royalty material b1tches. The Quenn is 150 years old and the King has never been seen. In fact, noone knows who the King of Britain is. We just have Princes. And Lord's.

What fools.

Monarch's are only cool if your King. Prince is cool too since you can call your girlfriend Princess . Other then that Monarchy is no good.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Obfuscate]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
And what does this have to do with Government Facilities?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obfuscate
Bomb Britain.

Britain doesnt deserve Nuclear weapons. They have gotten their asses kicked in almost every war they have ever fought in.

Countries with a history like Britain definatly should not be allowed a Army, nevermind a Nuclear Arsenal.

US should launch preemptive attacks. What a sad country.

This message brought to you by your Lord. Now report to me your women and money and kiss my ring. You are all my peons. You are not royalty material b1tches. The Quenn is 150 years old and the King has never been seen. In fact, noone knows who the King of Britain is. We just have Princes. And Lord's.

What fools.

Monarch's are only cool if your King. Prince is cool too since you can call your girlfriend Princess . Other then that Monarchy is no good.

If only they had a dumb ass award, I'd so vote you man!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lysergic,

I am with you on this.

It is bizarre how some people can be smart enough to manage to navigate the web to this place but still as moronic as shown above.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that you were responsable for writing what you wrote..because with the pea size interlect you clearly have, thinking about the crap you had to write and using the keyboard at the same time would clearly be a tremendous challenge.

In the year 1857 more than ONE QUATER of the population of the world was under the control of the British Empire..( not bad for a country thats had its ass kicked in every war)

A little more than one hundred years earlier the USA was part of that empire along with India, Afghanistan, South Africa to name but a few..The phrase used was "THE SUN WILL NEVER SET ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE" because of the size and position of the counties in our empire it was the truth..in one part or another of the empire it was always daytime..

Whats the matter with you...have you forgotten to take your medication today, or are you part of a hillbilly backwoods family and your mother and father are brother and sister and youve never been to school.

Your ignorance and lack of education about one of the greatest and most historic nations off all time astounds me...The united states owes part of its culture, many of its city names (IE NEW YORK, BIRMINGHAM, NEW ENGLAND, NEW HAMPSHIRE etc), much of its history and its language to the British empire...

I AM AM AN ENGLISHMAN...and i say it with PRIDE.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN..and goddam you

[edit on 7-5-2005 by andy1972]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
I find it hard to believe that you were responsable for writing what you wrote..because with the pea size interlect you clearly have, thinking about the crap you had to write and using the keyboard at the same time would clearly be a tremendous challenge.

In the year 1857 more than ONE QUATER of the population of the world was under the control of the British Empire..( not bad for a country thats had its ass kicked in every war)

A little more than one hundred years earlier the USA was part of that empire along with India, Afghanistan, South Africa to name but a few..The phrase used was "THE SUN WILL NEVER SET ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE" because of the size and position of the counties in our empire it was the truth..in one part or another of the empire it was always daytime..

Whats the matter with you...have you forgotten to take your medication today, or are you part of a hillbilly backwoods family and your mother and father are brother and sister and youve never been to school.

Your ignorance and lack of education about one of the greatest and most historic nations off all time astounds me...The united states owes part of its culture, many of its city names (IE NEW YORK, BIRMINGHAM, NEW ENGLAND, NEW HAMPSHIRE etc), much of its history and its language to the British empire...

I AM AM AN ENGLISHMAN...and i say it with PRIDE.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN..and goddam you

[edit on 7-5-2005 by andy1972]

In the year 1857 Britain owned 1 quarter of the world? No.

Britain has never controlled the USA. Britain sent troops over to try, but lost.

The sun will never set on the USA either. Does that mean the USA owns 1 Quarter of the world? No. It just means USA is a big country from East to West.

We owe our language to Britain? No. America does not have the same language as Britain. How do you spell "program" in British? "programme". How do you spell defense in British? "defence". British is an English dialect. American is an English dialect. English does not mean "British". They are two different languages. All language was derived from the ancient civilizations. Britain doesnt own English, nor did they invent it. It was developed over time from other languages older then itself.

Can you tell me what part of our culture we owe to Britain?

As far as "New York" and "New Hampshire". Yes they hold the same names, but notice the 'New'. They are not the same thing. And we can always change them. In fact we should so the dumb British dont think they are worth anything more then the mud on my sheos. Our ancestors might have accomplished great things, but they obviously made mistakes in naming some of the NorthEast in the United States. Noone is perfect.

God NEEDS to save the Quenn because she is THAT ugly.

I am an American and I say it with pride. We are exponentially more great then britain ever was or ever will be.

If I was the British Quenn I would be begging President Bush everyday that I wanted to surrender and become part of the US.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Obfuscate]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
hey folks, c'mon settle down with the personal attacks & name calling!

On a totally different note, I think this thread might be in the wrong forum. Maybe weaponry would be better? Maybe it should be moved to PTS since it certainly seems to be turning toward a heated political discussion.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hey man i know your real identity......your GEORGE BUSH...

If your own country is so powerful why is it in the first gulf war in 91 and in this, the USA never went to war alone........WHY.....why is it they always enter the battle with ENGLAND..
Because the half brained puppet you have representing your country as president has to raise his hand and ask the prime minister of England permission every time he wants to take a crap....

And if you have to ask to what degree your country owes part of its cuture to the occupation of America by the british in the 16th and 17th centurys then your mind is even more shallow than we first thought

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obfuscate

The sun will never set on the USA either. Does that mean the USA owns 1 Quarter of the world? No. It just means USA is a big country from East to West.

yeah ok . i hate to break it to you the us does not have states on the far side of the world. so yes the sun does indeed set on the us.

We owe our language to Britain? No. America does not have the same language as Britain. How do you spell "program" in British? "programme". How do you spell defense in British? "defence". British is an English dialect. American is an English dialect. English does not mean "British". They are two different languages. All language was derived from the ancient civilizations. Britain doesnt own English, nor did they invent it. It was developed over time from other languages older then itself.

yes you do infact owe your language to england. you are correct however at haveing a separate dialect. or should we say corruption of it. no matter where english comes from originaly since it was brought from england, as well as other british colonies and territories via the settlers from there, it was from the british empire.

a fair chunk actualy. includeing the fact that most american laws were originaly based on british common law.

As far as "New York" and "New Hampshire". Yes they hold the same names, but notice the 'New'. They are not the same thing. And we can always change them. In fact we should so the dumb British dont think they are worth anything more then the mud on my sheos. Our ancestors might have accomplished great things, but they obviously made mistakes in naming some of the NorthEast in the United States. Noone is perfect.

they were named after places in the old world, and to be honest it realy dosn't mean much other than conecting the new world with the old world.

now that isn't very nice. she is an older woman. also she is not at all ugly, just old. btw she was rather prety when she was young.

I am an American and I say it with pride. We are exponentially more great then britain ever was or ever will be.

in your mind mabe. but in many more minds? a resounding NOT. the us is not much better if at all, then most countries in the world. the british empire may not have been the most kind or forgiveing empire in the world, but they at least were a far sight better than the presant date usa.heck lets not forget that dureing the last real war in the us between the us and the brittish empire that you left your capital wide open for invasion, not a briliant thing to do. and as for currant day i don't see too much to boast about frankly.

If I was the British Quenn I would be begging President Bush everyday that I wanted to surrender and become part of the US.

ok if you say so. just so you know i don't think the queen could surrender as she dosn't hold any real power, being a figurehead and all. besides why would she want to? it is not as if the us is all that great. it can be a nice place to visit, but then again so is the uk.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
now to get back on topic. i think that it is a good idea that the uk have there own nukes, and not just nukes "borrowed" only to be used with us permission.

as far as i'm concerned any country that wants nukes should have them. why should all that power only rest with the few? anyone can abuse nukes, but lets be honest it is hard to blackmail someone when they can hit back.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

yeah ok . i hate to break it to you the us does not have states on the far side of the world. so yes the sun does indeed set on the us.

Ok it does not really matter. The US can annex some Island out in the meditteranean and say they were as "great as the British Empire" because the sun doesnt ever set on their country. It is not that big of a deal, and I dont even know if it is dark in the whole of the US at one point in time. We do own Islands out in the Pacific that might remain daylight when the Continetal US is in the dark.

yes you do infact owe your language to england. you are correct however at haveing a separate dialect. or should we say corruption of it. no matter where english comes from originaly since it was brought from england, as well as other british colonies and territories via the settlers from there, it was from the british empire.

English is almost entirely made up of words from other languages much older then English. Only an idiot would say English is an original language.

a fair chunk actualy. includeing the fact that most american laws were originaly based on british common law.

Can you tell me what common laws were used from British Common Law? None. How is making laws illegalizing murder and theft original to England? Get over yourself. Our government structure is entirely different then England.

they were named after places in the old world, and to be honest it realy dosn't mean much other than conecting the new world with the old world.

Well this like I said was the only mistake our ancestors made.

now that isn't very nice. she is an older woman. also she is not at all ugly, just old. btw she was rather prety when she was young.

It was just a joke, just because she is British does not mean I would hold her at such a low regard personally.

Maybe she really was pretty at a young age. I have no idea.

in your mind mabe. but in many more minds? a resounding NOT. the us is not much better if at all, then most countries in the world. the british empire may not have been the most kind or forgiveing empire in the world, but they at least were a far sight better than the presant date usa.heck lets not forget that dureing the last real war in the us between the us and the brittish empire that you left your capital wide open for invasion, not a briliant thing to do. and as for currant day i don't see too much to boast about frankly.

I can guarantee you the United States is THAT much better then any other country in the world.

We have the most freedom out of any other country. Maybe we dont own as much land as the old Chinese empire, or the Romans or get as much sunlight as the old British Empire.

But as far as fundamentally we have the best freedoms out of anyone.

Plus we are a world superpower. Which just magnify's the fact that we are the greatest country.

ok if you say so. just so you know i don't think the queen could surrender as she dosn't hold any real power, being a figurehead and all. besides why would she want to? it is not as if the us is all that great. it can be a nice place to visit, but then again so is the uk.

Well I could care less about Englands government structure, but I always thought that when the King dies the Quenn is in charge until the Prince is crowned the new King.

The US is really that great.

At least I can own weapons. At least I can read and write whatever I wish. At least I can say whatever I want to anyone I want, including political figures. At least I am free to start religion on how God hates Britain and have the freedom of my beleifs to do so.

At least I can raise my own army.

At least I have really good educational institutions that I can goto and learn.

At least I have police that can actually shoot people who threaten other people's lives.

At least I have an Army that can destroy the entire world and live to tell about it.

At least I can become President. I dont have to be born into royalty.

Get a clue. Englan is so inferior to the United States that it is not even debateable. Im sure more then 50% of England's population would rather live in the United States, if not more.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Obfuscate,

Again you show your lack of education not only of your own country but the world at large.

I suggest you try that reading thing that is allowed in your country and try learning about some of the things you are talking about.

Otherwise you will just be increasingly ignored to the point of your being some sad little troll that is posting away but no one is reading.

To me that is just a waste of this site's bandwidth.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think Obfuscate is not even American, maybe a french troll?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Is anybody moderating this board??
1) Please, could someone bring this back to having something to do with "Military & Government Facilities?
2) Could everyone please stop attacking each others' intelligence/nationality/anything else?
3) At the very least, could someone please please bring this topic back on topic

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Darwinman,

Why don't you get it back on track?

What is your feelings about PM Blair's announcement?

Cheers

BHR

top topics

join