It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
100s of times ..I can pretty much induce it...for another 500 posts on the subject, go ahead and search...anyone who has discussed it over the last couple of years on ATS isnt going to repeat their story for the 20th time...Many of us have grown thru our experiences together and learned to "get over" them and onto alternate awareness which many times will follow the experience of SP. It is awareness during sleep and can cause some creepy hallucinations

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
in my research they do

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The holding down and not being able to scream has happened three times and all three have been in the same house (which i rarely sleep at).

I woke during the night and felt as if someone was holding my legs down, i could not see a shadow or figure but i could not call out to the person next to me!

I did not like this experience but it did not alarm me as i put it down to a bad dream that i thought was real.

I really did not know this was that common!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am wondering... Is sleep paralysis related to seizures? B/c I think I had a case of it on saturday night. but It felt awefully like a seizure to me. There was this blast of noise and bright grey light and all of my muscles flexed at the same time at first. Then it stopped. Again, five minutes later, this time I couldnt hear anything and my vision blurred and my muscles all tensed and Were "pulsing". It felt as though something was inducing this on me b/c i thought seizures were violent and you couldnt remember them... any ideas?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annunaki
I am wondering... Is sleep paralysis related to seizures? B/c I think I had a case of it on saturday night. but It felt awefully like a seizure to me. There was this blast of noise and bright grey light and all of my muscles flexed at the same time at first. Then it stopped. Again, five minutes later, this time I couldnt hear anything and my vision blurred and my muscles all tensed and Were "pulsing". It felt as though something was inducing this on me b/c i thought seizures were violent and you couldnt remember them... any ideas?

It feels like seizures !!!! Thats what I thought it was when I first experienced them!! I went a long while believing they were siezures ...so violent so profound.......then I found out what they were ..."episodes and not "seizures" .......whoa just handle them they are sleep episodes ...deal with this as I did.... wild right????!! Its OK

[edit on 12-5-2005 by xxKrisxx]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Had SP too many times too remember, its insanely frightening at first and i was afraid to goto sleep sometimes because of it, until i read something about it on the internet 5-6 years ago and saw how common it was and i wasnt goin mental!! Seems to last an eternity sometimes, i worked out a way to snap myself out of it tho , when it happens i try and totaly relax and tell myself what is happening, then i start trying to jerk myself awake, usually snap out of it in 3-4 attempts.

One thing about it that frightens me the most is that when u 'awaken' u realise there is no change in conciousness, i mean that u can tell it wasnt a daft dream or something, u KNOW that your mind was FULLY awake and your body was asleep!!!!! Its probably close to the fear of being buried alive

One thing ive noticed is that whenever ive had it ive been sort of on edge in my general life or stressed over something so i reckon its down to that somehow.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I saw a special on Discovery about "The Mystery of Alien Abduction". The entire show was about people who've experienced SP but thought they were being abducted, or felt the presence of a malevolent being. It was pretty interesting anyway. Just wondered if anyone else saw it and what their thoughts are.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I would just like to know what kind of dream/s you people were having just before the paralysis started? I remember the one I was having when it started - little birds chirping on a tree branch. It just totally interrrupted the dream.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LacunaCobra
I saw a special on Discovery about "The Mystery of Alien Abduction". The entire show was about people who've experienced SP but thought they were being abducted, or felt the presence of a malevolent being. It was pretty interesting anyway. Just wondered if anyone else saw it and what their thoughts are.

Yes I saw the same show and it's what I thought this thread was about before I clicked on it. What they described in that show was EXACTLY what has happened to me several times (sleep paralysis). I couldn't believe how dead on it was, from the evil laughing, floating, and eyes open but no scream ability and muscle locking. I now firmly believe that I have had sleep paralysis instead of the out of body experience/lucid dreaming that I made my first post on ATS about.

In the show they stated that sleep labs have shown the brain to release a certain chemical (don't remember what one) into your bloodstream that prevents your muscles from working. They theorized that this chemical was to protect us, so we don't "act out our dreams".

Their definition of sleep paralysis was that in short, your concious mind wakes up in the middle of a nightmare. You have your ability to see things, hear things, and sometimes even smell things, but you can't move.

I just can't believe how dead on it was related to my experiences. It really helped me put a definition behind what I was experiencing, even if it isn't the right one.

Very entertaining show to say the least, especially the part about the alien crash site and what time does to memory.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This has not happened to me (that I can recollect) for almost 30 years now. But I experienced it quite frequently in my late teens and early 20s. I could almost see a small deformed gnomish type being on my chest. I say see but it was more like I could sense it. I never really saw it clearly. I couldn't breath and that may be what caused the intense panic.

Even after the episode was over, I was filled with a sense of impending doom. It was like when I was a little kid and scared of the boogyman in dark, only 50 times worse.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I had my first case of SP last night and it freaked the hell out of me. It was strange to b/c I was having a dream about some alien looking for me b/c I killed his brother. I remember the alien walking into my room and that's when the SP came; "woke up" and couldn't breathe or move. I also had a pretty intense feeling/pain in my feel goods. Didn't feel too good though.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I had SP at a time when I was very religious into Christianity. My mother had said she had seen an angellic type being and the next night I had my first case of sleep paralysis. The first time it happened, I was wide awake, listening to my mother get ready for work, I was basically laying in bed with my eyes open, waiting on my alarm to go off. Then all of a sudden, I felt a weird presence in the room and the color of the room had a slight green tint to it. I was laying on my back and I looked up at my ceiling and saw a greenish blue outline of a large body looking down at me. The first thing I tried to do was scream "MOM!" but I could barely speak, I could not turn my head or close my eyes. When it was all over, I told my mom what had happened, then went about my day.

The scariest SP I had was when I was having a hard time sleeping one night due to my fear of SP. I had the experience quite frequently around this time. I turned on my television with the intent of preventing the SP if I had my TV on haha.
Well, I felt the "presence" again and my head was stuck in a position where I was staring at the TV and could not close my eyes, then a small black body appeared in front of me, it partially blocked the television and the only thing I remember doing was mentally praying to Jesus. That was the scariest of the encounters, all of the others involved images of greenish outlines of a body, whereas this was a solid black "being." Aftter that, my family shared similar experience, my dad, who is the least religious and least likely to acknowledge such an experience gave a different account but eventually swallowed his pride and gave a similar story. I eventually got used to the occurence and it has only occured once or twice in the last two years.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
There is more than one reason for the sp. It can be a perfectly normal part of sleep cycle that a person generaly don't experience because they are already sleeping, and then the more metaphysical reason.

When I am doing alot of spiritual work or needing alot of help from them, often many are drawn at the same time and negative and/or insistant and/or playful or 'loud' ones gather when I'm not actively choosing whom I am going to connect with. During the sleep/awake state is a great time for them to grab my attention.
Generaly speaking (and I am very suprised at this), there seems to be only one place in my house that this occures.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It happened to me twice, I read that it should happen to everyone at least once.
The second time I don't remember the dream.
The first time I was dreaming that I had a metal body and on a wall was a huge magnet that pulled me to it. Being made out of metal I was completely stuck to the wall and couldn't lift my head or arms or anything.
I suddenly awoke but the sensation remained, I was completely paralized.
However I could still yell, wich I started to do because I thought there was someone to the side of me.
I didnt have the crushing sensation on the chest and I didn't see anything.
The second time it happened (about a year after the first) I remained calm and it passed quickly.
I read that the body becomes paralized whenever you sleep to protect it from injury. It's just sometimes your brain doesn't register you are awake yet, and the panicing turns it into a nightmare.
Long ago people simply blamed it on succubi and inccubi.......

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
but the two things i know to do are to keep like a radio on that will make them stop from comng probably and if it still comes try moving anything even a pinky it will run away and you will slowly regain full strength

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
A few months ago I had a really disturbing one. I was lying in bed and I heard what sounded like the apartment door unlocking. Soon after, I felt a strong sense of a presence in the door way of my bed room. It gets much worse. I course couldn’t move but just lye there. The presence approach thee bed. A moment passed than I could feel it right next to my face.
No lying,...In a really hideous voice it said "I will kill you”.

I felt a pressure on my chest like something crawling on me. Well in my dream state broke through the paralysis and grab the what ever by , I guess its neck ( I should note I couldn’t really see) I managed to pull it off and toss it off the bed .

I woke up needless to say my arms were still under the covers, there for no physical engagement really happened. This indicated I had never grabbed anything by it neck. But in that SP state it was very really

[edit on C:Friocu05e5 by Opus]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hoodded person? Has to be the grim reaper

No serious now, these stories are downright bizzare (creepy too). Ofcourse, those things you see could be some form of dreaming. But then again, it's strange how all those experiences are all similar. As you know, the human body creatas a type of hormone while you are asleep, to prevent you from hurting yourself while you dream. However, your ecperiences all sound like something completeley different (a lot of you even claim that it happens while you're awake, so...).
I've heared a lot of stories about people seeing shadow-like creatures sitting on their beds, once a gut on another forum said that one time he was lying in the hospital and there was a completeley black figure sitting on his bed and it was breathing like Darth Vader, he did say he was completeley stoned at the moment, so it most likeley was all a hallucination.

I myself heve never experienced anything like that. However, these last weeks, I have woken up a few times at night and noticed my arm was completeley numb, but I think that I might have jut been lying on my own arm the entire night, cutting of the blood supply to my arm.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ok this old hag thing is screwing with me . The sp I had , its voise could only be describe as HAG LIKE. Holey #ty## . Ive never heard of the hag until now.

Also about a year ago I felt a small being try to cling to or attach its self to my back . Once again I prevailed and through it off of me. Man holey freeking Matrix .

[edit on C:Sunocu05e5 by Opus]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MankoW
What really bothers me is sleeping is the only thing which can NOT be avoided. If you don't sleep for few days you are finished, why is that? All those monsters usualy come at night, but more usualy they come with sleep. Is is possible something conecting to us while we sleeping and sucks our energy or anything??

Um, doesn't sleeping result in us gaining energy? I mean, try to stay up a whole night and I doubt you'll still have much energy

EDIT: one more thing; how many people here experienced SP BEFORE they ever heard of it?

[edit on 29-5-2005 by MooseT]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ya same experiance here half/awake feeling something on me but i usaly fightit off damn Succubi and Incubi just tell'em off or try and suck there energy outta them that hurts them i guess.... i triedit when i was in that Half/Awake state and i tryed something and it started whinning or something and i wokeup

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join