It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ok who has ever had it when you sleep and you wake up and you cant move, you feal a fear and then a pushing on your chest and sometimes see a dark figure.
this is known as hag attacks but it is also the sequence of a physcic vampire attack.
can anyone link any other things to this. what are your oppinions??

````````````````
Title spelling edit

[edit on 20/6/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hi Moonbeam,

If you search the website here, you will find many, many topics on sleep paralysis. It seems to be more common than one would think.

Good luck on your search!

-ADHDsux4me

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i know but in the demon thread people started talking about it so i said i would create a topic on it so we could stear that thread back to demons

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yeah, had it twice. Awful experience. You can feel a prescence holding you down. I couldnt even cry out for help.
Can it be explained......

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This seems to happen on a somewhat regular basis. When I go to bed sometimes, I'll feel like something is trying to restrain me. I can't move at all... and I can't open my mouth to scream. It's like I have lockjaw. On a few occasions I've felt like something was sitting on my chest. Twice I've actually been able to see what was happening, like I was looking down on myself from above the bed. It felt like something was trying to throw me off of the bed and would whip me from one side to the other. I've felt like I've been thrown into my closet, over the hamper... the figure that I see is tall, black, with some kind of hood or cloak off to the right side of my bed just standing there, watching, sometimes I even think it's laughing...

All I can do is say "Jesus" over and over inside my head or through clenched teeth, and I try so hard to envision guardian angels standing around my bed. It's been about a month since it's last happened.

I know to those who've never experienced something like this, it's hard to be anything but skeptical, but to those that have, it's very real, and very terrifying.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well put cobra.
Ive never seen the prescence but you know its there.
The last time for me was about two months ago. I came around laid on the floor with the quilt around me. Paralised and disorientated could feel a prescence all around me. Went for the big scream, nothing.
Lasted an eternity, but in reality was seconds i think. Then i was calm, got up, got into bed and fell back to sleep.
Very strange.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Very terrifying indeed. I've had more experiences with sleep paralysis than I care to even remember, but there are quite a few that have really, really stuck in my mind.

This one comes from a post on another thread about "Shadow People."

Once, a long time ago, I was staying at a friend's house and woke up in the morning paralyzed. Even though I couldn't move my body, I could turn my head astrally. This was the first time I ever experienced sleep paralysis, so it really freaked me out. Well, I was sleeping on my stomach, so I turned my head to the left and in the corner of the room stood a shadowy figure. The thing is though, there was something that forced me to not look at it's face. No matter how hard I tried, I could not look up at it. I could only see it from the knees down. But there was a sort of black aura around it. The more that I think about it, it might have been my own mind repressing my ability to see it so that I wouldn't be traumatized.

Another time I had an experience where I was sleeping on my back and woke up paralyzed. Even though I was paralyzed, I was able to sit up astrally. What I saw when I saw up was a very ominous, black, blob-like, shadowy figure standing by my television. It looked like pieces of the shadow were poking in and out of itself like spikes that would shoot out then get sucked back in, then shoot out again... It's entire body was like this. That's the only way I know how to describe it.

Originally posted by LacunaCobra

It felt like something was trying to throw me off of the bed and would whip me from one side to the other. I've felt like I've been thrown into my closet, over the hamper... the figure that I see is tall, black, with some kind of hood or cloak off to the right side of my bed just standing there, watching, sometimes I even think it's laughing...

This is simply amazing to me because I have actually had experiences so similar that it gives me goosebumps.

Some time between the two experiences posted above, I had two situations where I felt as though something had picked up my astral body, then threw me off of my bed. The first time it picked me up then threw me against the wall above my bed, then I landed back on my bed and regained "consciousness". The second time it picked me up and threw me on the floor. That time, even though I was scared, I tried asking it who/what it was and I actually got a reply... It called itself Ryan... which of course means nothing to me. I did not see it.

Another instance, I was sleeping at my aunt's house on the living room floor and thought that I felt something walk by me... When I tried to wake up, I realized that I was paralyzed... I could not see anything in the practical sense, but I did get two flash frames of images that were very frightening. One, I saw a completely hooded figure standing across the room. The second frame was the same figure standing directly above me, only this time I could see a face from under the hood. I can't even describe it properly. It was very unreal, very creepy. Had huge teeth and a terrifying grin. Kind of reminds me of that Guy in a Rabbit Suit on the movie Donnie Darko.

This next one is by far the most frightening sleep paralysis I've ever had to suffer...

I was sleeping and once again waking up. I could feel my body slipping out of itself, but that's not a feeling that's completely foreign to me, since I often unintentionally astral project for a brief moment. I recognized what I was feeling, and was more or less ok with it. I wouldn't say I was comfortable though, because it's actually something that's more of an annoyance to me, especially if I just want to sleep. Anyways... as I was sliding, I felt myself grasped and held by some terribly strong force. Not only could I not move physically, but I could not move astrally... What happened gives me chills to this day. Something spoke to me slowly and deliberately in a raspy, whispered voice. It's tone was commanding, and not to be ignored. It said to me "I keep warning you. Don't... come... back..." Those last three words were said so menacingly that I'll probably never forget them, even though I have no idea why I heard them.

Sleep paralysis is a very real, very frightening thing to experience. Even if it's just some sort of bizarre medical condition. Even if it's all just in the mind.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that when I saw the thing's face, I don't actually believe that is what it looked like. I think one of two things happened: 1) That was my mind's way of explaining what I was seeing, or maybe my mind was masking something even more terrifying so that I wouldn't be traumatized. 2) That entity, whatever it was, was projecting that image at me so that I would be afraid of it, or it was trying to keep me from figuring out what I was really seeing so that I would not know what it was.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I remember one night I had a dream, but it wasn't a regular dream. All I saw was a shadow, couldn't make out who it was but in my head it was the devil. He was trying to take something from me. I told him he wasn't taking ****. I even remember hearing myself cursing at him for a couple of minutes. Hah,
anyway I I woke up, brushed it off and went back to sleep. Later, about 5 a.m. (I remember because it was daylight and I saw everything around me) I opened my eyes and couldn't move. Couldn't hear anything either. It's like in that state my hearing was turned off, but I was conscious. I turned on my other side but other than that was paralyzed. I thought it was a dream at first but after a couple of minutes everything went back to normal. I went to the bathroom, basically said "damn", and went back to sleep. It happened again, but this time it got me angry. As I struggled to move I fell off the bed, and thats how it ended. Never happened since.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is really freaky man. Once, i opened my eyes and saw someone standing on my bed and it looked like they were yelling at me, but i couldnt hear anything (although at the time, it seems very vivid) The scariest part I think was not being able to yell out. *Shiver*, man it still spooks me to think about it.

But i know some people have linked sleep paralysis to demon possesion, and in some cases alien abductions.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ive never had one (thank god) but from all the stories ive heard of it it sounds like the freakiest thing that could happen, the closest thing ive had to one is seeing shadow people once when i was in bed (but i could move and all that)

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I've had SP 2 times in my life (im 18)

The first was when I was very young... about 6yrs old and I had that so called "hag attack" where you are being held down and cannot move or speak while you feel a great prressure on your chest as if something is sitting onit.

This is supposed to be an extremly common thing as my sister has had one too.

The second time was late last year where I woke up at 7am totally paralysed and witnessed the appearence of a hooded Saurion alien that stood at the end of my bed staring at me and hissing.

This is why I have come to the conclusion that what is witnessed in SP, outer body experiances and other such paranormal experiances are all to do with aliens.

I personally think the whole demons/ghosts/shadow people, ect, ect, ect can all be just the doings of aliens.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Driver]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Driver
I've had SP 2 times in my life (im 18)

The first was when I was very young... about 6yrs old and I had that so called "hag attack" where you are being held down and cannot move or speak while you feel a great prressure on your chest as if something is sitting onit.

This is supposed to be an extremly common thing as my sister has had one too.

The second time was late last year where I woke up at 7am totally paralysed and witnessed the appearence of a hooded Saurion alien that stood at the end of my bed staring at me and hissing.

This is why I have come to the conclusion that what is witnessed in SP, outer body experiances and other such paranormal experiances are all to do with aliens.

I personally think the whole demons/ghosts/shadow people, ect, ect, ect can all be just the doings of aliens.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Driver]

I have encountered aliens in very real situations that were not related to sleep paralysis. I've been through sleep paralysis many times, so I definitely knew the difference.

Here's a thread I started a while back in the Aliens & UFO forum outlining those experiences, for those interested:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While I had those experiences without sleep paralysis, I believe that it is certainly possible that my other experiences with sleep paralysis could have been related to alien visitation. It is very possible, at least in my mind, that aliens could render us immobile, and whenever we try to see them, they either project awkward images at us telepathically in order to keep us from seeing them, or it is our minds keeping us from being traumatized by making us think we are dreaming.

Something I find amazing is that all the people who report sleep paralysis have such strikingly similar descriptions of things that they saw. One would think that there would be some people who would report seeing pink elephants, or something, instead of the same thing over and over. So if so many people are seeing the same thing, what's going on? Either we're all seeing something that's very real, however unexplainable, or we're all outwardly manifesting inwards fears that are so primal and deep rooted in the mind of human species that we all keep seeing the same thing...

Just look at how many people in this thread alone have reported seeing hooded figures.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yup it is very real and extremly easily explained.

It is a scientific fact that we are in-tune with only 0.5% of our universe... thats why such things as UV light, electricity, air, radio waves, ect, ect, ect are all invisible to us.

With 99.5% of the universe inacessible to us, you can only imagine the range of "things" that occupy that vast real.

My theory on SP and all other paranormal experiances that include the witnessing of entities is simply our brains somehow tuning into the real they reside on or it could be the otherway round, THEY are somehow allowing us to see them in their realm.

So really, its not as weird and unexplainable as you may think.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This yelling at is very interesting, I once woke up and there were three witches in my room, screaming, they were not old witches these were my age witches, but they were screaming so I tried to fight them, half sleep and then they disapeared, this is not sleep paralysis but this one post of people yelling at is something, I would like more info on that if possible.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
ive been there man not nice is it. do u get that buzzin electrical sound in ur ears? ... i made a thread on it somewhere i could find the link it may hav somethin useful..

point is u hav to stop fearing it and itl go away,, quite spectacularly probably.. visually speakin.. they cant hurt u at the end of the day..

i think its caused by fears of wateva in our life.. soon as u realise n let go itl go.. maybe! i could be wrong.. but mines gone. could still be aliens behind it tho! lol. for our benefit we may hav to go thru that.

u must be about 17 18 by ur profile age.. if thats rite? jus wondering how deeep a person u r... wat ur into knowledge'wise... u must be deep to be here and gettin those anyway.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Last summer I had that happen all the time. It was after a few attemps to have an OBE. I came back with this awful entity, it would paralize me at night and step over my body. My bed would have actual indents and I could feel it. I left my bible open (where it remains today) open to Pslams 83:18 and when I paralized breaking free and yelling in the name of Jehova and Jesus I demand you to leave. I have been free of attacks for a year now.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
just wondering but what is the scientific explination or reson for why sleep paralisis happens?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If some of you have faith in God, do you pray when these things occur? I mean do you pray, formally, saying the prayer in your thoughts, with sincere faith?

If so, then does something happens? And what? Does the black form disappears?

I'd tend to think that prayer, with real, honest faith, gives a real sense of empowerment and enlightment, would wipe away these terrible states...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
just wondering but what is the scientific explination or reson for why sleep paralisis happens?

This might help.

I experienced SP once and I didn't like it. I remember waking up late in the afternoon and wanting to turn my body, but nothing responded. My eyes were open as I saw my sister passing my room, that's when I suddenly felt completely helpless.

As the link describes my sleep rhythm was indeed disrupted (I hadn't slept for 36 hours) and I believe that's what caused it. No aliens or shadow people, simply my body not wanting to wake up.

I read somewhere that when you sleep all your muscles are paralysed to prevent your body from acting out the movements of your dream.
So I just think my mind woke up at the wrong time.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
you should all search the site more for this topiic its been well covered with loadsa links..

as for the praying bit....... i dont think praying comes to mind in those things even if u are religious.. but im probably wrong.. im not religious so i wouldnt think of doin it.. not that u need to be religious to pray! lol.

its all personal guys.... its about FEARS.. fighting them etc.. and it probably only happens to people who probably read too much info
cause the mind is open mor than others......

or maybe .... oh nah forget it. lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join