It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM Tony Blair to Upgrade Britain's Nuclear Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Why all of a sudden is the UK unprotected by it's current supply, or is this a political move on Blair's part.
When we are trying to disperse the ample nuclear weapons on Earth now, what does tell the world?

news.independent.co.uk
Tony Blair has secretly decided that Britain will build a new generation of nuclear deterrent to replace the ageing Trident submarine fleet at a cost of more than £10bn - a move certain to dismay thousands of Labour Party loyalists in the approach to polling day.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The secrecy involved may create an even hotter seat for him in the Parliament, since the UK populace has become such pacifists.
Especially since the Iraq situation seems to be not improving.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Interesting times. Is Blair's "New Labor" the British counterpart of America's "Neo Conservatives"?

Traditionally, isn't Labor the party usually associated with decreased military spending,anti Nuclear proliferation, against war, and more for spending money on social services, the poor, education, ect, somewhat similar to the American Democratic Party?

Just like Bush's Neo Conservatives have really gone far off course from traditional Republican Party issues, so has Labor gone off course from Labor values.

Ive been following the British elections, and last I checked, the Tories were gaining on Labor. With the elections just a few days away, I wonder what the score is now? Even tho Blair got involved in the Iraq scandal, I really do hope he beats Michael Howard, as from what Ive read about Howard, hes not exactly the man Id want running the show, and the Liberal Democrats dont seem very well grounded in reality.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
oh yes the untold billions he will spend on upgrading from a system that can wipe out humanity once over to a system that can wipe out humanity 10 times over! At a mear snip to the UK taxpayer.

What about the 30 million PER DAY we give over to the EU just so Mr Blair you can be a member of that psuedo masonic society of muppets called the EU. Spend that instead or more importantly spend it on the public services that are crying out for it.

My God man get your priorities right, foolish man.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by rustiswordz]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
The secrecy involved may create an even hotter seat for him in the Parliament, since the UK populace has become such pacifists.

Pacifists....pacifists.....pacifists...in the UK......you sure?

wait that sounds like a song

We aren't pacifist in the UK we simply don't like fighting wars that aren't ours to fight...then again that never stopped us in the past

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i think its a good idea to upgrade our nukes in uk to next gen nuke weps
so if we are attacked we will have a super wep to drop on them instead of the normal nukes we would drop next gen nuke on em and obliterate em, i think these next gen nukes are meant to be tiny able to fit into or on really small missiles and be like mini cruise missiles with more ai and super tech in them.. sounds good for us
and not for enemys

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Of course we have to upgrade our nuclear missile capabilities.

It`s a simple choice of eventually scrapping the existing ones, or upgrade!

Unless we want to become NUCLEAR FREE!
That is simply not a good choice fo the security of our country!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So Britain is breaking its NPT commitments. INVADE US NOW! How dare we break our commitments to disarm whilst trying to get Iran to adhere to the NPT.

I dont want that muppet Howard in as PM, I'd rather have Tony Blair in. Charles Kennedy is the man for me, how is he not grounded in reality? What parts of his manifesto are not realistic?

Shock horror that Tony Blair and Michael Howard call Kennedy's policies unrealistic. They are scared #less that the Liberal Democrats would get in power. I think they are not under the thumb of the real puppetmasters in our World and will do the best for this country.

Im voting for them on Thursday thats for sure.

[edit on 3/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by veritas 7
Of course we have to upgrade our nuclear missile capabilities.

It`s a simple choice of eventually scrapping the existing ones, or upgrade!

Unless we want to become NUCLEAR FREE!
That is simply not a good choice fo the security of our country!

For the future security of everyone on the planet, it is time to scrap all nuclear weapons. The only way that can be done is leading by example; something the British and Americans have so far failed to do on their quest to rid the world of weapons of mass destruction. Our leaders are idiots.

I am defiantly not voting labour in 2 days time. This has put the nail in the coffin.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Vote Lib Dems then!

The ONLY alternative

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
What parts of his manifesto are not realistic?

The bits with the words in it

This maybe reaching out a little but scrapping nuclear weapons is a bad idea not because we want to nuke the hell out of each other but because we need some method of destroying or diverting asteroids...as I said reaching out a little but it could happen

new topics

top topics

join