It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend's story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hey,
This is actually an account of something my friend whitnessed. Let me first give you some background. Most people would consider me a pretty down-to-earth person. I'm not one to believe everything I hear. My friend is the same way. I'm 18, and he's 17, and neither of us would have any reason to lie. That being said, here's what he told me...

He was walking outside in the neighborhood (probably waiting for me) that him and I used to live in (he still does). It's in a city, so there are streetlights lining the road on both sides. Moths usually fly around them, and the occasional bat comes by to eat the moths. Anyway, he hears a *whoosh* coming from somewhere above him. He looks toward where it came from, a light pole about 20 feet away, and suddenly sees something bizarre. He said that it was about the size of a human, possibly bigger (around 8 feet) with wings. He said it kinda dove under the part of the light pole that sticks out, then over the other houses. It flew out of sight, and he slowly walked back into his house. Now again, he has no reason to lie to me, nor does he ever lie. Not to be insulting, but he's the type of guy that doesn't exactly do too much in-depth thinking. He pretty much takes everything at face value, and goes with it. He's never really told me any other stories like this. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
sweet!
thoughts? well, what city and when's the next bus? It's hard to offer much to that story.

Actually the only thing i could think of would be an owl. I saw a horned owl swoop under a street light once and the wing span out the corner of my eye brought my car to a screaming halt. I got out and stared dumbfounded for a good five minutes. I can imagine your friend not being able to recognize an owl though.

I'm just interested in any other details. vocal sounds, red glowing eyes, anything else to scare the public would be nice.

And last has your friend "been the same since?" somthing like that would leave me a little hollowed out that's for sure.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'd probably go with the owl theory, or maybe an eagle or a hawk, those can look pretty big. Especially with the trick of a street light. Maybe the first thing he saw was the shadow on the ground, that could have been greatly enlarged by the glow from the street light.
As far as paranormal, crypto possibilities. Maybe a mothman?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thanks for your comments. We live in Phoenix, AZ. As far as it being an owl, we don't have owls in that city, or eagles for that matter. We do have hawks, but they're more where I live NOW than where he lives. And no other sounds, all he heard was the "whoosh" before he saw it. And yeah, he's been pretty much the same
. Just a nice story for him to tell.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i would think it might have been a hougx(sp) anyone from around the neigbour hood that would nave a motive?

then again it sound really peculuar were i live (northern ireland) there is quite alot of owls but no owls that i no of make a 'whoosh' sound there silent predators u would never hear them flyin past u omnly see them!!! and there not 8 foot big!!!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Very Interesting Story. The 'whoosh' sound could just of been a disturbance of the wind... kind of like when a truck drives by.

Not sure what to make of the giant humanoid figure though.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi, AHave you ever heard of the jersey devil?

heres a pic:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i am going to agree with the car theory

new topics

top topics

join