It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ok, we all agree that Battlefield Earth was a total bomb - one of the worst movies ever. If you dont agree - you must be brain dead. Yet what I cant understand is how the actors or the director cannot see this. Are their minds really that warped they cannot realise what a crap movie it was. How can John Travolta really say this was a great movie? Its got me mystified.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
John Travolta can say that Battlefield Earth was a great movie because Battlefield Earth was written by L. Ron Hubbard. Incidentally, in case you don't know, L. Ron Hubbard is a science fiction writer who also happened to have started the Church of Scientology. Oh, did I fail to mention that John Travolta is a Scientologist? Is it clear now why Travolta could have possibly thought that Battlefield Earth was a great film? Or maybe one needs to be a Scientologist to truly grasp the greatness of a movie that, for the rest of us, truly sucks?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, the book is actually pretty good, but the movie was only a couple chapters of the book, so...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The one thing that made the movie nearly unwatchable was the very poor sound quality. There was a "tinny" echo that, for me, proves that the sound production on a film is vital. The cinematography was passable as was the direction but oh, that poor sound recording. I'm sure that the guy who was responsible will never work in Hollywood again, except on Travolta pictures or else he's back at his local Scientology center giving those cheesey tests to the unsuspecting.

new topics

top topics

join