It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fisherman Killed After Whale Lands on Boat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
here it is... urban myth...
www.snopes.com...

Earlier this year, the dazed crew of a Japanese trawler were plucked of the Sea of Japan clinging to the wreckage of their sunken ship. Their rescue, however, was followed by immediate imprisonment once authorities questioned the sailors on their ship's loss. To a man they claimed that a cow, falling out of a clear blue sky, had struck the trawler amidships, shattering its hull and sinking the vessel within minutes.

They remained in prison for several weeks, until the Russian Air Force reluctantly informed Japanese authorities that the crew of one of its cargo planes had apparently stolen a cow wandering at the edge of a Siberian airfield, forced the cow into the plane's hold and hastily taken off for home. Unprepared for live cargo, the Russian crew was ill-equipped to manage a now rampaging cow within its hold. To save the aircraft and themselves, they shoved the animal out of the cargo hold as they crossed the Sea of Japan at an altitude of 30,000 feet.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
A similar incident with a kayak from ebaumsworld here.
Maybe they wanna play or showoff to the boats and sometimes just crash.

Ok, just read snopes.com and this is a fake video. Apparently it's powerade commercial. But interesting video anyway

[edit on 6-4-2005 by PsykoOps]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
while the concept of fishing and getting killed by a whale is comical, I have been out in the ocean fishing a few times where a tail has emerged from the water that was bigger than the boat I'm on. I've been in all kinds of bad fishing moments, storms, fog, etc but nothing is scarier than being 10 miles out in a 24 foot boat and a pod of whales decides to splash around your boat.

I see the irony but in all seriousness, that whale that washed up on long island washed up near where I fish. that thing was 60ft at least. that's a big whale. take the boat out in a second. and then you are left with the biggest "one that got away" story a fisherman can ever have.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You guys so owe me a new keyboard!! I knew this thread was going to be funny but man you throw falling cows into the mix and it was just too much!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join