The Great Pharmaceutical Hoax

page: 1

join

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
A major scam has been perpetuated on the general public in order to create a profitable marketplace.
The problem with capitalism is in order for it to work you have to have a constantly profitable market. Sometimes those markets have to be artificially created and sustained. The most important thing is they need consumers.
What's a good way to kill two birds with one product? Create a problem and then profit from fixing it. let's say we get every body sex obsessed by constantly titillating their wildest fantasies. Then we turn what was once a normal problem with getting old into something to be embarrassed and ashamed of, that can be cured with our new Snake Oil.
Or let's fill our food supply with hormones so the population gets nice and overweight. Then sell them a quick fix for their obesity.
Many backs are getting scratched, but I'm getting off track.

The Great Pharmaceutical Hoax

In the 1800's there were snake oil salesmen. In the 21st Century there are drug manufacturers. And the price has gone up. No wonder. Advertising is verrrrry expensive. Drug companies are spending millions on advertising drugs that only a doctor can prescribe. Insurance will cover it. It's gotta be a conspiracy between the insurance companies and the drug companies. And, possibly, government agencies.

hypocrisytoday.com...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Excellent post, and I myself argued many points here in another thread about the EU banning many vitamins and suppliments. I made similar arguements.

When I see some sort of drug advertised on TV, I want to laugh, when they get to the side effects part, they hastily list about 10 more health problems that stem from taking a drug designed to treat one problem. In the other thread, different posters called natural suppliments and vitamins "snake oil" while saying that somehow, modern medicine is more legit. If anything, these "cures" touted by the medical industrial complex are comparable to what medieval doctors and their bloodletting, or potions containing bat dung, snake eyeballs, ect.

And i agree. Many psychiatrists really do sit around and practically make up alot of these disorders. I like social anxiety disorder, we call shyness, which is a personality trait, not a mental disease, and medicating it is nothing more that doping a person up. People must overcome their shyness if it is causing them problems, its what people have done for thousands of years. Its only now that suddenly its a mental disorder in need of "treatment.

And people dare ask why I have lost faith and respect in the modern medical establishment? Doesn't take a rocket scientist, really.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Another example of the pharmaceutical hoax is the issue of Marijuana as medicine. Until marijuana was outlawed in the early part of the 20th century, Marijuana -- then more commonly known as cannabis -- was an essential therapeutic substance , used to treat a broad variety of ailments. After it was made illegal, cannabis extracts were banned from use by the pharmaceutical companies because it had no therapeutic value. Of course, in spite of what the US medical establishment states, we now know that cannabis has many therapeutic uses. But it is still, essentially, outlawed. Why? Because the drug companies, unable to patent a plant, would prefer it that way as there is no great profit to be gained from marijuana. Instead, they market a variety of drugs which, in a number of cases; i.e., nausea control, intra occular pressure suppression, pain management, are inferior to cannabis. Legalized marijuana use would, in effect, take away the huge profits that the pharmaceutical companies now garner from psychotropic drugs, sedatives, appetite stimulates and pain medications. Pharmaceutical companies are NOT interested in finding treatments for the ailments that plague humanity but rather they are directed towards one goal ----- money.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thats another pretty good example, tyrant. Since drug companies cannot get patents and exclusive rights on a plant that until it was outlawed was a common roadside weed. And indeed, for some diseases, especially those that require anti inflamitory substances, marijuana is FAR superior and less dangerous than the poisons and snake oils currently marketed to treat these disorders.

One example is prednazone, a steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is prescribed to treat asthma, glaucoma, and other disorders. However, prednazone is very toxic. Its side efefcts include weight gain, insomnia, hair loss, skin leisions, bone damage, liver damage, water retention, kidney damage, tooth damage, just to name a few. Weight gain with prednazone is in the majority of cases, unavoidable, even when a person eats a healthy diet and exercises. My mom was taking the crap, and she eats little, and has always been slim, but the drug, because it is a type of steroid and thus hormonal, caused her to gain 40 pounds in just 2 months. It also lowered her immune system, and she developed several skin sores and rashes because of it. And it was given to her.....get this, for one single symptom: to open up her airways because she has lung disease. All those side effects and crap, the drug created more health problems than it treated.

And predazone, when taken for longer than 6 months, is highly toxic, causing massive liver, heart, bone, and kidney damage. It killed my dog. The vet gave it to hime because of his flea allergies, yet a year later, he died from an inflated liver and his heart had swelled up to the size of a basketball. And this drug is, as the medical industrial complex calls it, a "wonder drug". ZThese people I trust to cure me and create treatments that will heal me? I thoink not, their snake oil will end up killing me. No thanks.

Marijuana, on the other hand, has the same treatment properties that prednazone does, it has been shown to efefctively treat the same inflammatory conditions the former does, but isn't toxic, does not have the deadly side effects, and can be taken over a longer period of time. Of course, with all things, too much pot is not good for you, but taken in moderate doses for genuine medical disorders, it is a superior anti-inflammatory medication in comparison with the toxic garbage prescribed by greedy doctors and drug companies.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yes, Skadi, marijuana is an amazing plant that could replace MANY of the drugs which are cash cows for the pharmaceutical companies. Marijuana is an excellent addition for therapeutic treatments for such ailments as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, Nausea, painful menstruation, migraine, nerve pain, depression, glaucoma, anorexia.....and many other illnesses as well. Furthermore, it is impossible to overdose from marijuana....in it's four thousand years of usage, there is no reported death from marijuana! Aspirin has hundreds reported deaths annually......mariuana 0!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I totally agree with you guys on the Marijuana...

It's the pharmaceutical industry that keep marijuana illegal.

They new in the '30's and they know now that good 'ole weed is a better and potentially almost free answer to a lot of what ails us.
I have always believed there is a natural remedy for most of our ills. At least the natural ones, that weren't created in a lab, wink wink...

The world is full of conspiracy's ain't it?

"Ever had the feeling you've been cheated?"Johnny Rotten

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I believe there is a conspiracy...... For years now almost all packaged foods a consumers purchased were packaged in foil that is aluminum based ..... the popularity of foil wrapped foods became even more popular years after the announcement that researchers discovered unusual amounts of aluminum in the brains of alzheimers patients....when this became know, ...... the transfer of aluminum from cookware to food..and ultimately to the brains of individuals..... some threw away their cookware and purchased stainless steel...........so now the drug industry has come out with an alzheimers drug.....
And I say GOOD... for those who need this drug, BUT ...if the drug industry is engaged in a conspiracy to cause alzheimers just to sell their drug then shame on you!!

Seriously....next time you go shopping, take notice of all the foods that come foil lined, when plastic or waxed paper would do the job. Most are snack foods....adults and children lunch items.

Children are our future.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there is a conspiracy because for capitalism to survive it has to constantly find new, or maintain the present markets. And I'm sure the big corporations have found some interesting ways to do that. Interesting but cold, calculating and uncaring.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
It's the pharmaceutical industry that keep marijuana illegal.
Johnny Rotten

It's also most alcohol companies, all oil companies, Dupont, most tobacco companies, Lumber/forestry companies, and even mass farmers of corn and soy. And let's not forget the U.S. government.

It has already been proven safe when taken certain ways, such as with vaporizers or when ingested. The reason it is illegal still is because it would take more than twice the amount of money spent on keeping it outlawed to legalize it. Since almost all of the richest corporations make money off this plant being illegal, it seems like a useless struggle.

One way around the money concept would be for other countries to start legalizing it. Then the U.S. government can't play "World Police".

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I'm pretty sure there is a conspiracy because for capitalism to survive it has to constantly find new, or maintain the present markets. And I'm sure the big corporations have found some interesting ways to do that. Interesting but cold, calculating and uncaring.

I believe one way is the Medicare prescription drug coverage. On the one hand it looks wonderful, all the old folks need help paying for necessary meds......But in a nursing home environment where most are not able to understand what they're being given and why......the doctors can load them up with any medication, whether it's needed or not, and without telling family members what they are doing.

I found out that my Mother was being given a number of meds that she did not need, when she had to go into the hospital after a fall. The ER staff began reading me a list of meds that she was on, that was so far afield, I thought they'd sent the wrong forms from the nursing home.......but NO, they had ALL been prescribed for her.......shortly after the big drug bill passed.

Did her doctor get a kickback, a bonus for prescribing extra meds?? Why else do it??

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Check this out. You want scams. Here is the exact reason out system is set up to be taken advantage of. It's no wonder people are losing faith in their government...

60 Minutes' Steve Kroft Reports On Drug Lobbyists' Role in Passing Bill That Keeps Drug Prices High

CBS) If you have ever wondered why the cost of prescription drugs in the United States are the highest in the world or why it's illegal to import cheaper drugs from Canada or Mexico, you need look no further than the pharmaceutical lobby and its influence in Washington, D.C.

According to a new report by the Center for Public Integrity, congressmen are outnumbered two to one by lobbyists for an industry that spends roughly a $100 million a year in campaign contributions and lobbying expenses to protect its profits.

Under the Influence: How Lobbyists Wrote and Bought the Rx Drug Bill

60 Minutes tells the story of how pharmaceutical industry lobbyists literally wrote the historic Medicare Prescription Drug Bill and twisted arms to get the necessary votes to have it passed in the middle of the night. Correspondent Steve Kroft documents how many of the congressmen and staffers who worked on the bill later went on to work for the drug companies their legislation helped enrich.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You want to know about the evil Big Pharma? Go ahead... pick your poison (no pun intended).

Pharmaceutical television advertising is a grand hoax

Pharmaceutical medicine, as practiced today, is a grand medical hoax involving the mainstream media, the FDA, drug companies, medical journals, medical schools and even M.D.s. They've all quietly agreed to do whatever it takes to maximize profits at the expense of public health, regardless of the science or the ethics involved. So-called "evidence-based medicine" has become modern-day quackery. Statin drugs, for example, have now been proven to offer absolutely no medical benefit whatsoever to women, with zero reduction in the risk of heart attacks or strokes. HRT drugs have been scientifically proven to actually cause breast cancer and heart attacks, not prevent them. Antidepressant drugs cause diabetes, and diabetes drugs cause liver damage. I could go on, but you get the point.

All of this is of absolutely no concern to the FDA and drug companies, who just keep pushing these toxic chemicals through blatantly fraudulent TV advertisements that are extremely effective at selling products, but utterly useless at improving peoples' health.

Pharmaceutical fraud: How Big Pharma's marketing and profits come before consumer safety and wellness

FDA, Merck may have conspired to discredit whistleblower, says U.S. Senator

Big Pharma scare tactics: How the pharmaceutical industry influences American consumers

Experts say antidepressant drugs cause suicides instead of preventing them

Disease Economy: How the United States economy runs on "treating" chronic disease

Big Pharma fears Democratic majority, end of Medicare profiteering racket

The lawlessness of the FDA, Big Pharma immunity, and crimes against humanity

Long-term testing requirement for psychiatric drugs abandoned due to Big Pharma pressure on the FDA

Bribery in medicine: How drug authorities, Big Pharma pushers and other medical racket operators forfeit ethics for power and profits

The FDA Exposed: An Interview With Dr. David Graham, the Vioxx Whistleblower

Big Tobacco and Big Pharma: same tactics, different chemicals

Drug companies discredit negative studies and blacklist honest researchers

Drug companies allegedly defraud state Medicaid programs with 54,000% markups

Eli Lilly knew Prozac had 1200% higher suicide rate than other antidepressants

Group of doctors accuses drug companies of inventing fictitious diseases to sell more prescription drugs

Drug companies engage in massive health care fraud, but are never held accountable

top topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum