It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Lost A Friend to His False Prophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
First, let me make it clear - I fully understand the “Christian” concept of being a Jehovah's Witness....On that note, I need no reformists attacking me for my supposed ill knowledge of their fate...And you can save the "turn or burn" speech....I’m perfectly secure in my spiritual beliefs….

I've already heard it.....I've been hearing it the past few days - And I'm thinking about putting an end to that, even though it means ending a relationship I've had with a good friend of mine for over 6 years now....

He's my best friend's little brother....And suddenly he's "found Jesus"....Or should I say, he's found a better job with a boss who has brainwashed him to believe he's found Jesus....Of course, that's a subliminal motivation that he doesn't quite understand....

He's young, and he has time to figure these things out the hard way - He dropped out of high school two weeks shy of graduating, he's been addicted to drugs ever since.....Holding various lawn care jobs - He's a hard worker, but he takes everything for face value....Then gets upset over being shafted later when he figure things out....

And I just know the same thing's going to happen here...But then he runs the risk of loosing his job, faith, and any friends he made along the way....Removing yourself from a close circle of Jehovah's Witnesses is comparable to jumping into a pack of rabid wolves with a fresh dead bunny suit....

You can't tell this kid anything when his mind is made up....And we only want the best for him - It's a choice he's made in his life that has everyone walking on egg shells around him.....I cannot be in his presence for longer than 2 minutes before he condemns something he deems unworthy or makes veiled threats at us b/c we do the exact same thing he did one week ago.....Only he was a professional at doing anything and everything in excess, and once again he's succeed....

I'm at the point now where I've decided that one of two things must happen.....I have to sever my ties with him and accept the fact that he's happier without me, or I have to try to persuade him to think a bit more logically without challenging his faith....

This kid needs to be saved.....He needs something.....And if he feels a true spiritual connection and is truly happy, then I have no business to say anything at all.....But I know in my heart of hearts that this is not for him, and it's just another classic mistake that will set him back yet again.....And I can't take another moment of a good friend of mine making snide comments to bolster his religious ego....

It's difficult these days trying to "keep the faith" of an atheist without being hammered for it.....

[edit on 5/1/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If you truly love your friend you will let him find his faith and be there to pick the pieces when he find the true.

Sometimes people actually find something in their faith to keep them going and that is good.

But if he become angry and abusive toward you, by all means you stay away from him, while he is in his journey to what he feels is a way to salvation.

I see life in earth as a big stage, we all have roles to play, some have happy lifes, some find happiness after struggle, and some never find anything but sorrow.

One of the reasons we come to earth is to learn and to experiences life in a human perspective.

You friend may be going to one of those learning stages and if he ask for you help as a friend you will help.

The role and the path we most take is already chosen, we can either make it better or we can make it worst.

I prefer the path to happiness and you should do that too.

You friend will get over his trial in life, and he should be greatfull to have a good friend as you waiting for him if things do not come out the way he wanted.

Take care of yourself and just let your friend find his way.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Over my not so vast years lol...is this:

People have to make mistakes and learn for themselves. You nor I can "save" ANYone. His choices in life are his and yours are yours.
All you can do as a friend is BE there, when he realizes the 'truth' etc.
I'm learning this lesson very much indeed at present....with my teenage daughter. I keep trying to warn her, SAVE her.....
But shes just like her mum. Gotta learn these things for herself!
Just BE there......thats all you can do. You can't save, but you can support.

Take care.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
its a tough one dude...but.....hopefully you will both soon realise that you have been misguided in your beliefs.......its not to late to change.......simply make a new start and drink in the love of the one true messiah!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'll keep that in mind optimus

You're both spot on marg & sanse....I just have to let him do his thing and step back so I can catch him if he falls....I'm hoping his brother has grown up enough to be there for him when I'm not though....

He's a story unto himself....Let's just say I've been through something similar once before and his family has come to use me as their therapist.....something that I can only take for so long before I'll need one of my own....

It's one of those situations where you look at how a group of people live their lives and then you give thanks to the fact that you have a more supportive and loving family....

top topics

join