It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I live in Wisconsin and it's May 1st and we have way below normal temperatures for this time of year. There were even snow flakes in the air today. Also in the news there is snow in Michigan and I think it just snowed Denver. I used to farm and so the weather is something that I watch. For the last 4 years or so it has being staying colder longer in the spring and staying warmer longer in the fall even winter has been showing up later.

This could be a cycle I understand that, I was just curious if other places were experiencing this. Also is the HAARP thing being used.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think you are perceptive to note the current climatic fluctuation. Starting last fall out hear near the south left coast, things have really changed. It began with major T-storm activity, way above normal, in mid-August (energy peak), and then it snowed at low elevation in mid-November, which never happens. Subsequently, the region has seen the wettest winter on record, and still hasn't dried out.

There may be many factors involved, including the ones you've mentioned, and the phenomena is global. It could be linked to magnetic pole migration, and the solar cycle, as well. Europe has had scorching summers and major flooding in the last couple years. The snow has disappeared from the summit of Kilimanjaro in Africa for the first time in recorded history. Massive wildfires have blazed across Australia. A giant iceberg has broken loose from Antartica and collided with a humongous glacier sticking out into the ocean, breaking off several miles of it.

The big question is, what does this current activity signify? Is it just a bump in the normal weather cycle, or are we seeing a fundamental shift in weather patterns that will have far reaching consequences for mankind. I think we better fill up our granaries and larders and batten down the hatches, it might get worse before it gets better.

Good topic!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, our usuall 20 week ski season here in the pacific northwest was only about 4 weeks, due to lack of precipitation (aka snow in the mountains & rain in the lowlands). We were being warned about drought conditions due to 10% of normal snopack. In mid-March to mid-April at the very end of the season we had a few weeks of storms that brought our snopack back to about 40% and ever since we've had weekly rain. Another 4-6 weeks like the past 6 & drought there will no longer be.

I don't think we really know what normal is, so we just have to adjust as the weather in our regions change. There is no proof or public information that Harp has anything to do with weather changes, so I won't speculate about something I have no clue about.

join