It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity's major flaw

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
The teachings of the christianity say that the path is narrow and few will find it. So why is it that christianity and catholocism are 2 of the largest religious groups on the planet? Apparently the path is wide, and just about everyone found it.

Simple answer would be:

If their faith tells them to be tolerant of others and they spread their faith in a way that demonstrates through both their actions and behaviours that they are not tolerant of others, then they can call themselves whatever they want, but they are not on the path.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Once again..Christians are not to be tolerant of everything that comes down the path. They are to seperate themselves from things and concepts that go against what they are taught in thier Word. They are not to mix the two so as to water down the doctrine. To those who know the history of God's Church ..they have often broken away and formed new churchs when the olde church became corrupted and fell away from the faith. This too is known history.
Watering down the doctrine is what Paganism and "esoetric " doctrines do and have a long history of doing. This is known information among those who have studied it. It is not enlightment.
When you do enough of this watering down...and mixing with every doctrine which comes back or is recycled...you no longer have Christianity. Simple common sense.
There are two lights in this world ..the Light of Life and the light of paganism..the two do not mix. Intellligentsia will always try to get the two lights to mix under some kind of bastardized logic and reason. This is not a new phenomonon.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
The teachings of the christianity say that the path is narrow and few will find it. So why is it that christianity and catholocism are 2 of the largest religious groups on the planet? Apparently the path is wide, and just about everyone found it.

I find it interesting that you didn't call catholicism christianity. catholicism is tainted with misinformation so most involved in it are lost at the present. The last figures I heard were that 2 billion worldwide identify with being christian this includes catholics. Add to this the fact that some in other denominations who claim the name of Christ aren't really saved and you drop further.

My guess would be that 10% of the people of the world are saved as of right now but,..........

Revelation 9:9-17
9] After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
[10] And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
[11] And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
[12] Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
[13] And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
[14] And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
[15] Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
[16] They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
[17] For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

The tribulation period will see an uncountable number of people on earth saved.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
catholicism is tainted with misinformation so most involved in it are lost at the present.

Whew! Good thing the Bible limits the possibility of misinformation to Catholics and some of the other lost sects. Otherwise, you'd have to wonder if perhaps your flavor was filled with condemning misinformation as well.

(thumbs through Bible to verify that you can not possibly also be misinformed like those poor lost Catholics)...

Hmmm. I can't seem to find the verse that gives you such assurance., but I did find this one:

Matthew 7:1-5
"Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."

Is that the verse you're looking for?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

(thumbs through Bible to verify that you can not possibly also be misinformed like those poor lost Catholics)...

Hmmm. I can't seem to find the verse that gives you such assurance., but I did find this one:

catholicism teaches a works based salvation and misinformation on communion.

Good works aren't done to be saved they are done because we are saved:
Ephisians 2:8-10

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

catholicism teaches a works based salvation

No they don't. But even if they did, how would you know you are right and they are wrong, considering that all protestant sects are based on the Bible the church of Rome put together. If you believe the church of Rome teaches false doctrine, then why oh why do you trust the book they compiled?

and misinformation on communion.

Their stance on communion has scriptural support.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Once again..Christians are not to be tolerant of everything that comes down the path. They are to seperate themselves from things and concepts that go against what they are taught in thier Word.

Then their word seperates them from both creation, and seperates them from the perspective that everything is of an omnipotent, omnipresent God. If their path seperates from the path of others, is it others or they who are responsible for foresaking their kin?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You must be accustomed to dealing with Christians who are still on milk and not strong meat.

You posted:

"Then their word seperates them from both creation, and seperates them from the perspective that everything is of an omnipotent, omnipresent God. If their path seperates from the path of others, is it others or they who are responsible for foresaking their kin?"

You have totally left out a very Christian concept and understanding. Christians do not worship the "creation" they worship the Creator. Huge difference. You have just given me the name of your God. Wonder how many other Christians out here caught it...or did it Zoommmmmm over their heads??? Many who claim the name of Jesus the Christ for remission of sins wouldnt catch it.

One more thing that Christians who are on meat not milk ..know.... Those who dont undestand the concept of sectarian ...unsocial...seperated from ...have a different father....and they are not my bretheren. Got the point yet. We are not all brothers. This is plain to the knowlegable Christian. It is not hidden in a corner by fancy wordsmanship. Brothers have the same Father.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

<< 1   >>

join