It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity's major flaw

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The teachings of the christianity say that the path is narrow and few will find it. So why is it that christianity and catholocism are 2 of the largest religious groups on the planet? Apparently the path is wide, and just about everyone found it.

Also does, anyone have information about emperor Constantine and the melding of paganism with a new religion (christianity) in order to unite the masses? Wasn't it the romans that sealed Christ's fate? If constantine created christianity (and left pagan symbolism in it), christianity would menasomething entirely different. If jesus died for the sins of the people, if the romans sealed his fate it means that "the people" are actually the Christains. for example:

Sun worship, 12 zodiacs
Christianity- the son of god, 12 deciples etc.

lucifer="the bringer of light"=The morning star=Venus

Beware of false prophets.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
there is a book called sunday law. It explains how christians and pagens were forced to combine their ways of worshipping. One of the biggest things that was changed in christianity is the sabbath from saturday to sunday. Jesus didn't change it. The christian leaders did so out of fear of the Roman leaders. Also I noticed that you seperated the Christians from the Catholics. They are one in the same. All christians churches are formed of Catholic teachings. The road is a narrow path, there is not one christan church that follows this path. If you truly beleive you have to member of one these churches to be one this path, then you are being lead blind. In fact I am always telling my freinds that go to church that they are hiding behind the skirts of religion because they are afraid of the truth. A true christian is one who beleives in what Jesus tought us, not what the church leaders tell us. Believe in Him and you will be on that narrow path and you will also discover that there are not many on it.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by karie]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The teachings of the christianity say that the path is narrow and few will find it. So why is it that christianity and catholocism are 2 of the largest religious groups on the planet? Apparently the path is wide, and just about everyone found it.

You are SOOOOOO close!
Didnt it look like the world just fell all over itself for the church and the new pope?
You are 99% right with everything!

There is a thread here with this link in it
home.nc.rr.com... .. look at it

RCC is the roman pagan religion.
The great part is... the world dont know the difference.

So even if the antichrist were to show up tomorrow...the world would look to the RCC for answers...and they will hand the masses over to the ac..

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Agree with Jake...and Karie..that the path is narrow.

However I disagree with Karie and others that the RCC is automatically a default setting representing all of Christianity and allowed to play throuh on this basis.
The history of the RCC is sortid..debauched and if you can ever find any real history based on what they were doing and not doing from the early days ..the public would be astonished. The recent incidents with the Priests is only the tip of the iceburg. No Christian church builds a house of prostitution for the exclusive serving of the Priesthood which was done in 800 or 900 ad. No Christian church has any instructions to carry out a inquesition ..or a crusade..or any other such work in the name of God.
Some of this conduct can be found in other non Catholic ch urchs such as the instructions of Martin Luther in handling the Jews of his day in Europe. Even the handling of non Anglicans by the King Henry the Eighth. Much of this information can be found in Foxxe's Book of Martyrs and other works. Often what is recorded appears to be Christians persecuting other Christians but when one asks ..is this the conduct authorized by the Early Church and Jesus you come up very short. You realize it is politics under the guise of religion ..precisely what the Catholic church has been involved in for thousands of years. The Sandanista government and the involvement of the Society of Jesus ..the Jesuits ..in this venture with the communists is a classic in the last century..not that long ago...1970s and 1980s.
Ironically ..most people of logic and reason seem to miss this line of reason about the RCC and other churchs..in lieu of the standard defaults because it is written a certain way in most history books and they buy it border to border/cover to cover and never think it though . I am not especially picking on the RCC because many others fit this exact pattern.

One thing is certain ...today and historically ..in the days of olde...Christians like the hebrews of olde ..are a minority ...always have been and always will be....much of what passes for Christianity today is pagan politics...made to look like Christianity when it is in fact a counterfit. The question for thinking Christians is ....the name of the counterfitter.
Christians will always be a minority surrounded by wildlife..who resent and even despise them..the reactions of may on this thread are proof of this. This is nothing new..to be alarmed about...
Be very careful of those who try to put down Christianity by using the RCC to represent most or all of Christianity by default. It is not so. You will find that they use a counterfit starting point...and continue on from there.

Thanks Orangetom

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
orangetom1999

I read your reply and you basically have said what I was saying. However I never said that the RCC is automatically a default set of christianity. Nor, do I believe they represent christianity. Jesus is the very foundation of christianity, so if anyone represent it, Jesus himself does. As far as the RCC, they only play a part in the corruption of christianity. Also as far as Martin Luther and Henry the Eigth, they were christian. They formed their own churches which came after the Cathloics. They believed in the corruption of christianity in the catholic beleifs and attempted to restore christianity, like many other christian churches after them. But so far have all failed because even today people,even christianity, still practice pagen beliefs and not even realizing it. And pagen practices started even before the RCC. And as far as the pope goes, to many people beleive in him. I see him as a false prophet for the simple fact that he still refuses to uncompromise christianity, by allowing his people to be mislead. He saying he is a prophet of God, but still fills his temples with idol worsphip and flashy clothes and worst off all judges and condemns. And by the way, you will see this form worship in any church that claims they are christian.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You ppl dont know anything about catholicism. Sad really. Making ignorant posts like this.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
You ppl dont know anything about catholicism. Sad really. Making ignorant posts like this.

same to you. or have you forgotten what caused the protestant reformation?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
You ppl dont know anything about catholicism. Sad really.
Making ignorant posts like this.

Yes Croat .... it is sad. Sad indeed. The clue about this
thread came in the first paragraph -

So why is it that christianity and catholocism are 2
of the largest religious groups on the planet

Catholics ARE christian. But of course it is more fun to say
they are not. It's more fun to say that the only thing Catholics
did for Christianity was to corrupt it .. when in fact it was the
Catholic Church that organized the bible around the year 350.
It was a Catholic council that put it together ... but of course
that would mean that Sola Scriptura's would have to admit
that they are using a CATHOLIC book. They'd rather vomit
nails than admit that fact. More recently PJPII was a core
player in the downfall of communist europe... but again
the fact that PJPII helped bring freedom from communism,
and thus religious freedom, to hundreds of millions doesn't
count for squat with people who say that the Catholic Church
only provided 'corruption' for Christianity.

Croat I'm going to suggest that you don't bother posting
in the religion forum at BTS. I have found it to be a wasteland
of ignorance and bigotry. Trolls who can not be educated
have found this forum to be a refuge where they can spew
anti-anyone-but-us (usually Catholics) and find an audience.
The non-Christians are usually more polite and educated,
but those that consider themselves to be 'true' christians'
usually are the ones that act the most unchristianly.

If you continue to post here you'll just get frustrated by the
lack of education you encounter and the lack of souls who are
capable of being educated. Your time would be better spent
praying for them. The anti-Catholic Sola Scripturas need it.

Some say turnabout is fair play. Perhaps you, Croat, could start
a thread about how Sola Scriptura is really an unbiblical practice
and how those Christians who practice Sola Scriptura (bible
alone) are really going against what the bible says to do. But
that would be a waste of time, wouldn't it? They don't want to
listen. If they stopped spending their time bashing, and really
started looking at their own faith, they'd be aghast at the
contradictions and unbiblical practices they would find.

So, Croat, the anti-Catholic drivel will continue no matter how much
solid information you post. If they stop, they will see the shortcomings
in their own faith and it would be too painful. Anti-Catholics are not
brave enough to be able to look at their own scurrilous faiths and
practices. They would faint at the remarks made by Martin Luther -
the alleged reformer of Christianity. The egotist was a sex addict and
a pervert. 'if the wife is unwilling, then take the maid' says he. So
all you married men out there, don't worry about your wedding vows.
If your wife isn't in the mood for sex, then just 'take' (rape) the
maids in your house. It's your right. Have at it! Oh the quotes that
idiot has made! He made up a new religion, tore apart the bible to
make it fit his new religion, named it after himself, and repeatedly
told his followers not to worry about following the 10 commandments
because they were 'impossible' to follow, so don't bother. Yeah, a real
religious leader that one! ha ha! He definately had pscyhological
issues ... a real case study.

My recommendation is to ignore it, post outside of the
religion forum in BTS and DON'T FEED THE ANTI-CATHOLIC TROLLS.

[edit on 5/9/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
first of all this a forum about christianity's flaws. Jesus is christianity and it was foretelled in the OT. The catholic religion was the first to form after Jesus died. They were the ones that comprised that faith that was built on the foundation that Jesus brought to us. Churches over the times have formed as well. And they too claim to be faithfull followers and teachers of Christ. But like you said yourself that they formed the Bible. They left things out because they were forced too. The Leaders of this relgion willing went to the followers and lied to them to protect either their life or others. And even today, when they know that most of world blame this on them and know themselves that what they have done since the begining of church and still refuse to teach they true ways of Christ. And the churches that base their teaching of the catholic religion do the same. So yes I think that they have something to do with this subject. If you are a catholic, I am sorry to offend. But a sinner myself things like that are bound to happen. And another thing I don't put blame on them for something that was meant to happen. Jesus knew this was going to happen. It is part of the plan of God's Word manifested. He also tells us to not worry, they will face their own judgment in time and so will we. And He also promised that those who believe in Him will be saved. Trust in Him and the things that are missing out of the Bible, doesn't matter because even without it God's children will all find their way home eventually.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by karie]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
You guys make a great example of religion! lol

Look at the fighting. No its this way, no its this way. Come on already.

You people fight so much you could not handle the truth of God if it was given to you. As in history's past it is proof of the damage it has taken on. YOu have faith in a book and can't find God within yourself it is sad really. I posted a while back asking you how you would find God if there was no book and not one of you replied. It just goes to show you what religion and God truly means to you.

If you have true faith in God you would have faith in all things including self and others and you prove to me you don't have faith by these arguments and bias you hold. Now look at the real truth I told you with out blocking anything out. You will see one day.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike
You guys make a great example of religion! lol

Look at the fighting. No its this way, no its this way. Come on already.

You people fight so much you could not handle the truth of God if it was given to you. As in history's past it is proof of the damage it has taken on. YOu have faith in a book and can't find God within yourself it is sad really. I posted a while back asking you how you would find God if there was no book and not one of you replied. It just goes to show you what religion and God truly means to you.

If you have true faith in God you would have faith in all things including self and others and you prove to me you don't have faith by these arguments and bias you hold. Now look at the real truth I told you with out blocking anything out. You will see one day.

Have we offended you that you may judge us. You have absolutly no Idea what God means to me or anyone else. The purpose of these forums is so that we can discuss things of interest. If it offends you, then where is your faith? If you are truly with God, you will not be offended when He is spoke of in anything bad or good: "but without faith it is impossible to please Him." Hebrews 11:6
If you had true faith, then you would know it in your heart, that you just broke and committed a crime against God. Judge Ye Not. Everyone knows that commandment. If you are of true faith then you would know that in the bible it says that in ends of time that this very thing is to happen, but since you seem to be the only one with true faith, then you would know this. If you were of true faith then you would know that we as christians are resposible for sharing the Word of God. And best of all you would know that we are all sinners and none are righteous and most off all it sounds like you know the truth, so in your true faith, maybe you should be the one to guide us to God. Even Jesus Had to die first before He could guide us.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by karie]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
No no your right I just get grumpy when I see so many ppl that seem to be fighting about it. It seems from thread to thread it is back and forth hate. It just is sad to see more people jump to something that angers someone before helping another. Hey I am no better I just did it to...

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
intresting to me that you seperate Christianity from Catholicism. Others have mentioned this too.

Historically ..the thing to note is that Christians like the Hebrews of olde...are still a minority surrounded by wildlife in its natural habitat. This meaning they like the Children of Israel in ancient times were a small group surrounded by nations which didnt like them. This is not a new thing today.
Christians are surrounded by the world and the worlds mechanism which are trying to seduce them away from their core beliefs. This world system is pretty successful at it too. Many though not all..who claim to be christians are pretty dumb about what is happening around them. Many preachers dont enlighten them about it either.

I will remind you that the caution or warning in Christianity ..as it was in the days of the Ancient Hebrews ...was not to mix leven with unleven..new wine with olde wine.
When you mix Christianity with the customs and practice of Paganism..you do not get Christianity. This is common sense...and should not need to be told to people..yet ironically many Christians do not have a clue. They are out to lunch on this concept.

The traditions of the "Ancients" and how they look to the "East" for their wisdom and their gods is known to me ...as are the practices and history of the Mystery religions. Many Christians who have done thier homework also know this. They are just a minority in this world. A growing minority with the advent of computers but they are there none the less just as they were in the time of Ancient Israel. There were always people who did not take the broad way. These people today form churchs of thier own. They are small in number and do not fill out forms or polls telling the world who and where they are. I have met with several of these churchs across the USA.

I do not celebrate Christmas, Birthdays, Easter Halloween etc etc etc...knowing by study that these days have origins in Paganism. This does not make me better than other peoples...it makes me different. I prefer not to mix with this leven and in this manner.

One more thing Eye of Horus...Christianity by its nature and just as it was with Ancient Israel...these people are what is called sectarian. A Sect...meaning seperated from. Or as the doctrine states ..come out from amongst them and be ye seperate. This means anti social. This is not against the law. This is the root of contention with so many ...who want Christianity to be social. Social is core in Paganism. Not so in Christianity.
The core practice of Paganism is to mix everything together in one big bastardized group and key people at the top of the pyramid controlling things. In Christianity it is from the bottom up...not the top down as in paganism. Every Christian is a priest and is to know the traditions and practices handed down through the Word. This sectarianism or anti social status is the bone of contention with this world and the Pagan customs trying to pass itself off as Christian.
This world and the traditions of the EAST that they want to impose on peoples and nations ...wants "non sectarian" practices. If you know what you are reading you can find this dogma and practice in the Pagan publications of today. Many of these doctrines taught in public schools and colleges.

When you understand that Christianity has always been a very small group or minority and sectarian ...this quickly eliminates the majority of what passes for Christianity today. You will find out that most of what tries to pass as Christianity is non sectarian. They tend to want to get together in one big bastardized group. This is not Christian. It is Pagan.
Fellowshiping with other Christians is one thing but this mixing of doctrine and practices is very different from what is outlined in the Word.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by karie
Jesus is christianity and it was foretelled in the OT.

No it wasn't. Jesus meets none of the OT descriptions of the Jewish messiah. Instead, false prophecies were made up such as the BS prophecy of Matthew 2:23 found no-where in the Jewish scriptures, and non-messianic texts were taken out of context after the fact as "prophecies", such as the ever popular Isaiah 53. Jesus fulfilled no prophecies.

The catholic religion was the first to form after Jesus died.

According to what? Paul's letters include many chastizements and sales pitches to other Christian sects. This just ~20 years after the supposed crucifixion. Is it realistic that there could be such divergence in such a short period of time, particluarly since Jesus supposedly created the church right before his death. If the disciples had spread the church, and they were all friends of Jesus and first hand witnesses, how could they possibly have diverged so much in such a short period of time!? It makes no sense, unless of course, the roots of Christianity predate 30 CE by a significant period of time, or unless Jesus was simply a popular teacher and not god incarnate.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
No no your right I just get grumpy when I see so many ppl that seem to be fighting about it. It seems from thread to thread it is back and forth hate. It just is sad to see more people jump to something that angers someone before helping another. Hey I am no better I just did it to...

You know, I used to feel the same way. Sometimes I still do. But then I remember that this is actually a sign of times and I am so glad to see that Jesus is coming soon and I get called self righteous for that, but I do want to help people understand the best I can so I have taught myself not just in faith, but fact to control my out burts. But I will still defend myself, a negative like anger, but I can't just sit here and not say a thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Orangetom 1999

I like the way you explain this. This is some of what I have been trying to say. I did totally agree with what you said. And because of mixing the leven with unleven, christianity with pagan way has made it impossible for me to find a church or congregation to follow. My mom is a faithful Jehovah's Witness and there is no doubt in my mind or heart that she wont have her paradise on earth of eternal life. They don't believe in Christmas or any of that, and most of all they still hold the passover, once a year not every sunday. But they still think that Jesus changed the sabbath day from saturday to sunday. Sunday is a pagan worship of their sun god, it was the sun's day. Not to mention the days of the week are all of pagan origin. And so this also goes on in all other christian churches. It is every where. I tried to explain this to my therapist, but they way I explained I think scared her. The truth is that everyones seems to fear the Truth escpecially the ones that have been going to their churches faithfully for years, and the truth is that they are being lead blindly. And you are right when you say nothing has changed, when Jesus told the Jews they where doing it all wrong. They feared him, they were scared of the truth. And the same thing is happening all over again. Another sign that Jesus's is coming soon.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Spamandham are you trying to say, cuze I am not sure, that the OT that I have is different then what the Jewish have, because if they do they need to cough it up. Because then they would be knowingly condemning us to death and hiding the Truth. And if so sounds like they got something to hide from us. No better the Vaticians. And are you using Isaiah 53 as an example from the copy of the OT that I have to prove no prophcey fulfilled, well tell me how then cuze I don't see it. It explained Jesus to a tee. Or are you saying it is lies?

[edit on 13-11-2005 by karie]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

And are you using Isaiah 53 as an example from the copy of the OT that I have to prove no prophcey fulfilled, well tell me how then cuze I don't see it. It explained Jesus to a tee. Or are you saying it is lies?

[edit on 13-11-2005 by karie]

Isaiah 53 is not a messianic prophecy. It is about the nation of Israel itself, as is explicitly stated several times in earlier chapters (such as 49). Christians came along and took bits and pieces out of context to help create the Christ myth.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by spamandham]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Karie consider this position:

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
Annie Dillard

the following utterances are for the general perusal of the populace:

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
Mark Twain

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.
Jonathan Swift

Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't!
George Bernard Shaw

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

Scholars using the Historical-Critical approach have known for over a century that the Gospels are a blend of historical remembrence and christian interpretation. Which means that not every word and deed attributed to Jesus in the gospels can actually be traced to him,

Knowledge appears to make no contribution to the credentials of an authority;
opinions firmly held, expressed loudly, and buttressed by ignorance are quite adequate.

The initial observation to be made is this: the popular forms of christianity we now have do not require indeed do not even permit Jesus to indorse them. Creedialism is a religion that supersedes Jesus, replaces him,or perhaps displaces him with a mythology that depends on nothing he said or did with the possible exception of his death.
RWF

The Law is the Living Word of the Living God. God did not write the Law in Books but in your HEART".
- Gospel of the Essenes
- Attributed to Jesus Christ

"He who possesses the Philosopher's Stone possesses Truth, the greatest of all treasures, and is therefore rich beyond the calculation of man; he is immortal because Reason takes no account of death and he is healed of Ignorance the most loathsome of all diseases." (from The Secret Teachings of All Ages).

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus

Perhaps exoteric Christianity is not the narrow path that Jesus talked about?

"This is the Path of the Razor's Edge, more bitter than any gall; many begin, few reach the end." - VM Samael Aun Weor, The Great Rebellion

lucifer="the bringer of light"=The morning star=Venus

(Revelation 2:28) And I will give him the morning star.

(Revelation 22:16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

(Matthew 11:15) He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

top topics

<<   2 >>

join